HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Things you've done that would have surprised the old you

So we had a similar thread on silly things you thought as a kid, a few about what the future would turn out like.

Well, we can easily list the negatives. But how has life turned out for you in a good way that you would never have thought?

I never thought or expected that I would...

- Have travelled so many different countries just a few years ago.
    - Teaching I expected, but I never expected to be teaching abroad.

How about you?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

If I told myself 5 years ago that I would be a lorry driver earning literally triple what I was on back then, own a 3 bed house and actually feel like I'm starting to get my life together... I'd have thought I was crazy.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Actually got a job - I was insanely shy and quiet in 2012 when I started my first job, but having one improved my confidence so much. Also having the guts to apply for new jobs, having interviews and actually changing jobs after six years in my old one.

Going out with my current boyfriend; it's a long and complicated story how we got together, and how we could have potentially got together in 2012/2014, but other things got in the way. However, I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, so I believe that if we did get together back then, then we might not have lasted (due to other people).

This is a weird one, but starting using birth control myself. This only happened in 2014/2015 I believe, but I always thought I would never use it. I'm not good with tablets, the implant freaked me out since one of my school friends had it and it snapped in her arm. Then I discovered the patch and thought that was the best way to go for me. It's helped me out so much in terms of my time of the month as well, as I'd never understand dates or anything.

Actually met online friends, like I said about my confidence, I wouldn't have dreamed of meeting someone that I had met online.

Been to London, Scotland and Wales. I always imagined I'd never go to any of those places, I'm glad I did though and I'm going to Wales again this year because of it.

Escape a controlling relationship whereby my boyfriend used to lie to me, patronise me and was down right rude to me. He dumped me for a stupid reason, but he also told me in the August of that year that he "May not say he loves me, but he'll always care about me." I knew then that he would dump me, but I had nothing to lose in staying with him, and I did love him and everything at the time. When he broke up with me in the November of the same year I actually felt fine about it for once and wasn't as sad as previous times.
    Like dbgtz Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    ozad

Latest Awards:

Honestly never would have imagined myself becoming a Chef as a kid, especially after spending 3 years in College studying Engineering.

Like sexpot Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

That I would find a job that I enjoyed and that I am actually living independently but staying close with my sister

I really didn't imagine I would be holding it together so well...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

fell in love - i used to have 0 interest in relationships etc until I was convinced otherwise

showed people pics of me - some people are blessed with daily pics of me these days where as I used to be very against anyone seeing me or knowing much about me, and now some of my closest friends are online and see me daily

met people online - again used to be very particular about splitting rl and online, obviously changed in 2013 but still didn't really change me much other than the one person as no-one else seen me or met me until early 2017, and I'd actually be interested in meeting other people

kind of life Samanfa getting a job, throughout school/uni I was shy/awkward/socially ******ed so couldn't imagine actually getting a job, where as I obviously got one and basically manage and train people now

adulting - generally stuff like renting and managing a house

lost weight - I used to be a fat **** now I'm less of a fat **** but still a bit of a fat ****

oh wait..

exercise - I never used to exercise at all and hated the thought of it, where as now I love it and try to do it whenever I can going for runs etc.
    Last edited by scottish; 24-02-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Survived.

Never saw my life past 21.

Also never thought I'd get over my social anxiety but I did and I'm a person that people like and want to be around. Crazy shit.

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Gina Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    DevilRadio

I never thought I'd feel this low at 23. No job, No money.

And, dating older men cause damn, they're so much better LMAO anything 25+ is great.
    (love)(love)(love)