HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default School children stage a #ClimateStrike

Totally not put up to this by some teachers...

I despise politics and activism like this bring brought into school. Teachers must not push views on children, and the only place it should be 'discussed' is if you're having a debate. Don't hold LGBT assemblies if you're not going to invite the other side. Don't tell them Nelson Mandela was a great man and not tell them about him sticking people in petrol-filled tyres and setting them alight. Children should be taught *how to think* not what to think.

In my speaking lessons I have them debate all different topics, FAIRLY. I don't guide them to a certain view. Then, throughout, i'll play Devil's advocate on any side to get them to speak. I don't care what their opinions are just so long as they're speaking and improving their English.

The PM is right. Get back to work and do some Maths, Science, History or a Language which we suck at as a country.

Like tbl Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Top reason to bunk school and get a long weekend. I don't doubt that some of the kids involved do care, but realistically children cannot "strike", it's just truancy
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

For those that are protesting I think it's good that they care about the environment. We have an obligation to our children to look after this place the best we can.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    For those that are protesting I think it's good that they care about the environment. We have an obligation to our children to look after this place the best we can.
    It's one thing to care about the environment, as I do and actually act on (and not just lecture people about it) having grown many trees, planted/naturalised many hundreds of flowers and shouted at strangers for littering aka actually making a difference - and then there's standing there with a sign after being dropped off in Mummy's Range Rover, shouting that the world is going to come to an end like some religious nutcase. I would suggest these children all start getting out of bed an hour earlier and walking/cycling to school.

More generally on this topic, I came across some golden quotes from climate scientists in the 1980s on Twitter that I thought I would share below, and the same fraud is being propagated today. I used to believe in global warming, and I think what attracted me was this end of the world type stuff - the same thing that attracts people regarding Brexit consequences, the Millenium Bug, Swine Flu, Ebola and AIDs. Many younger people, like I was, like the idea of impending doom and then there's others who like to virtue signal over impending doom. I think that's why older people are much more sceptical of everything - they've heard all this before.

Anyway have a read of these corkers below from scientists in 1983.