HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default EU Withdrawal Agreement (HoC vote today)

EU Withdrawal Agreement (Vote 2)

House of Commons will vote tonight after HM Government *seemingly* won concessions from EU over backstop

So the House of Commons will vote again on the PM's Withdrawal Agreement today. 17 days to go.

Tonight there's seemingly been a breakthrough on the Irish backstop where Britain has secured a unilateral exit mechanism should it become trapped in the event of UK-EU FTA negotiations breaking down. We're still to see exactly whether tonight's proposals are legally tight as the Attorney General says, so we'll see legal analysis tomorrow. All eyes on the DUP in next 12 hours.

Thoughts?

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Well couple of hours ago the Attorney General released his legal advice and the Deal is sinking below the waves. Vote tonight at 7pm.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Attorney General going to be very sheepish at the Cabinet table until Brexit is over after that legal advice! Theresa May should resign and make way for new leadership but she'll carry on even though her authority has evaporated.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Attorney General going to be very sheepish at the Cabinet table until Brexit is over after that legal advice! Theresa May should resign and make way for new leadership but she'll carry on even though her authority has evaporated.
    Her allowing a free vote tomorrow on No Deal/Extension just shows what a two-faced liar she is. I foolishly believed her manifesto pledge and repeated speeches where she stated that No Deal was better than a Bad Deal. But you know, whatever happens - the chickens will come home to roost. I know if my vote is thrown away I will become radicalised and will vote for anyone to get my own back and make these people pay.

I'm utterly disgusted. Our hope now lays with the EU rejecting an extension.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 12-03-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

To be honest, I thought it was fairly obvious that May would never allow No Deal to happen and looking at previous threads, I am surprised how naive you've been thinking that it would. You're usually more cynical about establishment politics!

I think she's been two-faced for a long time. I think that's part of the reason why Parliament is now in this situation because she spent most of the two years negotiations not picking a side and trying to have it both ways. Even if you don't agree with Cooper, the fact she pushed her amendment even though May explicitly said that she would deliver a No Deal vote then extension vote shows the little trust people have in her ability to stick to her words.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@Inseriousity.; I have fire in my belly tonight that I haven't had since 23rd June 2016.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

increasingly i'm coming to the conclusion that blood will need to (and will be) spilt. democracy/constitutionalism is breaking down

anyway here's Farage today talking about the EU possibly vetoing an A50 extension request

apparently he's been in contact with his allies who are in government in Italy, Poland etc. It only takes 1 out of 27 to veto...

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-03-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

An extension is pointless, there is NO way to fix a deal if the EU won't budge so why are we still holding out for one? It doesn't matter how many meetings they have and plans they come up with, they're always going to say the same thing
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    An extension is pointless, there is NO way to fix a deal if the EU won't budge so why are we still holding out for one? It doesn't matter how many meetings they have and plans they come up with, they're always going to say the same thing
    Let's be honest, they're pushing for an extension so they can then revoke/get us to vote again on it.

All this said, we must remember that so far non-binding motions have been passed, not statuory changes. The law at this point remains the same. There's been rumours that if it comes to it, the ERG will collapse the government and bring about a dissolution of Parliament if it reaches that point. There's only about ten sitting days of Parliament left.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-03-2019 at 02:53 PM.