HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    There's also a percentage of Remainers who wouldn't have voted Remain had they known how the European Union would behave and treat us. Similarly there's also a percentage who were scared into it by George Osborne's Treasury predictions that failed to materialise.
    Thats not the same thing at all, at the moment they voted, there were people who went to the booth and said “I think we are better off being outside of the EU but having a close relationship and deal with them”. Your example is looking hindsight over the last few months.

Let’s be FAIR here Dan, both sides “scared” people into voting a certain way so we can just throw that one off the table too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Isn't there a petition going around atm to revoke a50 and its caused the govt website to die a few times due to the popularity of it lmao
    More likely crashed because people are faking thousands of entries at a time with scripts. Same happened in 2016 and it was found that there were so many fraudulent "signatures" that it would be pointless trying to sift through and work out the true numbers. Basically the fanatics sabotaged themselves and are doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    and once again I think the whole referendum (and our voting system) was flawed because there is a percentage of people who would NOT have voted brexit if no deal was on the table!
    It was always on the table because it was literally in/out but I agree that referenda are stupid and this one in particular. We have a representative democracy BECAUSE we're supposed to be able to trust our elected reps to know better than we do on political issues, and instead they turned the whole issue into a divisive mudslinging match
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Thats not the same thing at all, at the moment they voted, there were people who went to the booth and said “I think we are better off being outside of the EU but having a close relationship and deal with them”. Your example is looking hindsight over the last few months.

Let’s be FAIR here Dan, both sides “scared” people into voting a certain way so we can just throw that one off the table too.
    I have never met anyone who voted Leave who said they wanted to Leave but still wanted to be subject to the European courts, European law and European trade tariffs. If that is what somebody wanted, what would be the purpose in leaving?

And remember, I wanted a Deal. But the European Union is trying to annex part of our country for a Deal - acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    It was always on the table because it was literally in/out but I agree that referenda are stupid and this one in particular. We have a representative democracy BECAUSE we're supposed to be able to trust our elected reps to know better than we do on political issues, and instead they turned the whole issue into a divisive mudslinging match
    I am not keen on referenda but the problem was that our elected members of Parliament were *so* out of touch with the public on this issue (as proven by the referendum result), added to the fact they'd been promising referendums on any transfers of powers for years and then going back on that. The situation was untenable.

Constitutional issues we now settle by referenda - Devolution, Scotland, Voting systems and so on.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-03-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I have never met anyone who voted Leave who said they wanted to Leave but still wanted to be subject to the European courts, European law and European trade tariffs. If that is what somebody wanted, what would be the purpose in leaving?

And remember, I wanted a Deal. But the European Union is trying to annex part of our country for a Deal - acceptable?

I am not keen on referenda but the problem was that our elected members of Parliament were *so* out of touch with the public on this issue (as proven by the referendum result), added to the fact they'd been promising referendums on any transfers of powers for years and then going back on that. The situation was untenable.

Constitutional issues we now settle by referenda - Devolution, Scotland, Voting systems and so on.
    I’d say that’s probably because of you associate with or discuss brexit with though?
    If you’re this... passionate about it IRL I’d be scared to share my reasons or views with you, I feel it on here even at times :p

PERSONALLY I know 3 people for sure who voted leave but wanted to keep the ability for them to have freedom of movement/freedom to work and a fairly open trade. Just wanted more CONTROL over the laws, people, money etc.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I’d say that’s probably because of you associate with or discuss brexit with though?
    If you’re this... passionate about it IRL I’d be scared to share my reasons or views with you, I feel it on here even at times :p
    No that's just because written arguments are always more passionate/cutting.

I have about four friends who voted Remain and we discuss pretty much every week. I can hold a debate with someone on this, and enjoy it - but it crosses the line for me when people start telling me that my vote should be made invalid just because they lost. It took the working classes hundreds of years to achieve one man, one vote - and I am not going to lose my only voice.

Remember the Scottish referendum? I was as passionate about Scotland not leaving Britain, but had the Scottish people voted to Leave then that is their democratic decision and I 100% was prepared to respect it. Denying reality does no good in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr
    PERSONALLY I know 3 people for sure who voted leave but wanted to keep the ability for them to have freedom of movement/freedom to work and a fairly open trade. Just wanted more CONTROL over the laws, people, money etc.
    Are they under the impression they cannot live and work in Europe if we leave the European Union?

I live in Spain and I am not the slightest bit concerned. Similarly I can easily go and work in non-EU India, China, Australia and Brazil.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-03-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

undertaker debate implies you're actually open to changing your mind and admitting you were wrong
    you couldn't even admit you were wrong about something which wasn't even a matter of opinion

and you assist teaching english as a foreign language so no shit you would relatively easily be able to get a job in a foreign country where they look for native english speakers
    go try teach history or literally any other job that doesn't rely on the fact you're a native english speaker and tell me how quick & easy that goes

why is it you even want the uk to leave the eu but you dont even want to live here

also it's shit like putting LIAR by a picture of someone that is basically the root of all this shit, oversimplifying every bloody thing and quite frankly inciting hatred against people
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    and you assist teaching english as a foreign language
    I don't assist anything, I teach my own classes.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    so no shit you would relatively easily be able to get a job in a foreign country where they look for native english speakers
    go try teach history or literally any other job that doesn't rely on the fact you're a native english speaker and tell me how quick & easy that goes
    Given Spain has youth unemployment in double figures, why should I expect to just walk in if I am not needed? It's not my country.

why is it you even want the uk to leave the eu but you dont even want to live here
    Because i'm not selfish and don't think about ME ME ME when I vote.

also it's shit like putting LIAR by a picture of someone that is basically the root of all this shit, oversimplifying every bloody thing and quite frankly inciting hatred against people
    If you think that's bad you should hear what I have to say about the House of Commons. The PM is getting it lightly.

And if you think things are turning nasty now, just you wait. We haven't even scratched the surface as to what'll happen if the cancel our vote.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-03-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I will say this:

Not a single MP, Councillor, party member or person of any kind of influence or power deserves ANY kind of social media vitriol. It’s vile the shit they get sent. Vile, unnecessary, hateful and disgusting.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@lawrawrrr;

But MPs are allowed to call us stupid, thick, we didn't know what we were voting for and to cancel our votes?

Nah, not having that. If the last three years have taught me anything, it is that most of them look down on and hate the people of this country.

I remember before the referendum and afterwards arguing with sceptical family members/people on Twitter who said "it'll never happen, they'll never allow it" and I was saying of course it will because we're a democracy and ultimately the politicians gave us this decision and are bound by it. Well how naive was I in believing that? My belief in constitutional democracy is evaporating with each day.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-03-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

are you being personally and viciously attacked no

Are they? yes. They’re being told to graphically die, they’re being stalked and threatened they’re actually terrified

If you defend that I find you vile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast