HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I haven't defended anything, but calling the Prime Minister a liar when she plainly is seems fair to me.

Serious question though, when the vote becomes worthless and the ballot box is closed off what do you think happens?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I don't assist anything, I teach my own classes.
    ok so you teach english as a foreign language
    no real difference to my point

Given Spain has youth unemployment in double figures, why should I expect to just walk in if I am not needed? It's not my country.
    but that completely proves lauras point they lose that freedom of movement and it's not as easy as you just claimed it to be

Because i'm not selfish and don't think about ME ME ME when I vote.
    it's incredibly selfish to vote for something you won't even feel much, if any, effect from

If you think that's bad you should hear what I have to say about the House of Commons. The PM is getting it lightly.

And if you think things are turning nasty now, just you wait. We haven't even scratched the surface as to what'll happen if the cancel our vote.
    "we"
    christ youre as bad as farage who doesnt even finish his own march

why is it you completely ignored the first statement, do you actually find it that hard to admit you were wrong
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    ok so you teach english as a foreign language
    no real difference to my point
    What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    but that completely proves lauras point they lose that freedom of movement and it's not as easy as you just claimed it to be
    If Laura's friends want the unilateral right to go pour coffee in Madrid when Spanish youth unemployment is at 40%+ I would say how entitled and selfish. If they're more qualified, then they'll just have to apply like anybody else. It isn't our country just as ours isn't theirs.

Try instead thinking about those British youth who live in northern towns with poor schools and not many jobs, who are being denied work because the employers use EU Freedom of Movement to bring in Poles who'll sleep 10 to a room and ask for no holiday leave.

it's incredibly selfish to vote for something you won't even feel much, if any, effect from
    There won't be any effects, as proven already from George Osborne's laughable predictions.

"we"
    christ youre as bad as farage who doesnt even finish his own march
    There's a Losers Vote march tomorrow in London, maybe you should go.

why is it you completely ignored the first statement, do you actually find it that hard to admit you were wrong
    I'm not going over old ground, and you argue on semantics. Not principles.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-03-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Try instead thinking about those British youth who live in northern towns with poor schools and not many jobs, who are turning down jobs because they feel entitled to more than the employers want to give when plenty of others will do it happily
    Fixed that for you, I'm a "leaver" but I don't for any single moment begrudge the capitalist system having its own successes over the laziness of nationals
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Fixed that for you, I'm a "leaver" but I don't for any single moment begrudge the capitalist system having its own successes over the laziness of nationals
    So we should expect those British youths to live 10 to a house, and take no holiday leave? What a vision in 2019.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Where are these 10 bed houses? I haven't come across any gangs of Poles renting stately homes. Regardless, ones living arrangements have nothing at all to do with employability as long as there IS a home address, so defunct point As for holiday, all employers must by law offer certain amounts of paid leave, and if the employee decides not to take it that's down to them but there's no financial incentive to do that, soOoOoOo another defunct point

You seem to be remarkably in favour of government intervention for someone who claims to be a free market libertarian
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

What is your point?
    I forgot to finish this point initally so being quick - you basically compared your situation with someone elses when its relatively easy to get a job in a foreign country to teach english because the very nature of language teachers favours native speakers. If you tried teaching another subject in these countries I imagine you wouldn't even be considered until you have significant experience

If Laura's friends want the unilateral right to go pour coffee in Madrid when Spanish youth unemployment is at 40%+ I would say how entitled and selfish. If they're more qualified, then they'll just have to apply like anybody else. It isn't our country just as ours isn't theirs.

Try instead thinking about those British youth who live in northern towns with poor schools and not many jobs, who are being denied work because the employers use EU Freedom of Movement to bring in Poles who'll sleep 10 to a room and ask for no holiday leave.
    so many things wrong with this sentence
    i'm going to start by tackling the actual point that was made - lauras friend wanted to keep the ability for them to have freedom of movement/freedom to work, you claimed it would be easy to still work in europe which is fundmantally not true, regardless if you think it's wrong or right

it's not really unilateral if spanish people can also come here - and why do you assume they want to go there to pour coffee...

There won't be any effects, as proven already from George Osborne's laughable predictions.
    cool

There's a Losers Vote march tomorrow in London, maybe you should go.
    at least people will turn up

I'm not going over old ground, and you argue on semantics. Not principles.
    it wasn't semantics
    semtantics implies that you were actually correct and i was basically just being picky about your wording, but this wasnt the case. you claimed that there was an agreement (there wasn't) that customs would be waived through for I think it was 9 months? which was false - the proposal was to do with where the haulage company was based, allowing them access for 9 months. NOTHING to do with customs checks and NO agreement made

So we should expect those British youths to live 10 to a house, and take no holiday leave? What a vision in 2019.
    you're literally the person who wants statutory holiday to be removed, the only thing which actually gets secure holiday for low earners
    Last edited by dbgtz; 22-03-2019 at 11:34 PM.
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Where are these 10 bed houses? I haven't come across any gangs of Poles renting stately homes. Regardless, ones living arrangements have nothing at all to do with employability as long as there IS a home address, so defunct point As for holiday, all employers must by law offer certain amounts of paid leave, and if the employee decides not to take it that's down to them but there's no financial incentive to do that, soOoOoOo another defunct point
    We both know these things do count to employers trying to squeeze every penny they can out of a workforce. Polish men, usually of young age, rent a house together and will sleep stacked in the bedrooms so they pay minimal rent. Thus, when an employer is looking for a workforce and they can't get a British workforce it is often because the British workforce (imagine, two kids and monthly rent to pay) cannot afford to work on such low wages. In normal circumstances, the employer would be forced by the market to raise the wages - but due to a pool of cheap labour from Eastern Europe, he doesn't have to. It's a betrayal of a general of Britons who have already been betrayed by a poor education system.

In regards to holidays, it is obvious that Polish men who are here without family will work any hours and will never ask for any time off. Employers love this - no having to work around any family emergencies, childcare or doctors appointments. But this isn't just about the welfare of greedy employers bank accounts, this is about British society - and to have this situation, resulting from EU Freedom of Movement, is not a good thing if you care about more tham GDP figures.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus

You seem to be remarkably in favour of government intervention for someone who claims to be a free market libertarian
    I haven't called myself a free market libertarian for years now. If anything, I am a High Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I forgot to finish this point initally so being quick - you basically compared your situation with someone elses when its relatively easy to get a job in a foreign country to teach english because the very nature of language teachers favours native speakers. If you tried teaching another subject in these countries I imagine you wouldn't even be considered until you have significant experience
    Not at all, schools here would jump through hoops for a history teacher who speaks English fluently.

so many things wrong with this sentence
    i'm going to start by tackling the actual point that was made - lauras friend wanted to keep the ability for them to have freedom of movement/freedom to work, you claimed it would be easy to still work in europe which is fundmantally not true, regardless if you think it's wrong or right

it's not really unilateral if spanish people can also come here - and why do you assume they want to go there to pour coffee...
    Darling, it's relatively easy to work in *any* country provided you have something to offer.

at least people will turn up
    They should have turned up when it mattered, ie campaigning (like I did) and voting (like I did). Too late now.

it wasn't semantics
    semtantics implies that you were actually correct and i was basically just being picky about your wording, but this wasnt the case. you claimed that there was an agreement (there wasn't) that customs would be waived through for I think it was 9 months? which was false - the proposal was to do with where the haulage company was based, allowing them access for 9 months. NOTHING to do with customs checks and NO agreement made
    I honestly don't even remember the argument and I am 3 Cruz Campo (large) beers in.

I do apologise for not replying as often lately though, my mood was like a rollercoaster if I am honest.

you're literally the person who wants statutory holiday to be removed, the only thing which actually gets secure holiday for low earners
    Absolutely not.

In fact, one thing I have praised Jeremy Corbyn for was introducing statutory holiday for the entire UK for St Andrew/Patrick/George/David Day.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Employers 10000% do not ask people where they live or how many people are in the house, that's utter nonsense. People living beyond their means and expecting to be given luxuries for nothing are not beneficial to this super-society you seem to think we have, but I'm thoroughly enjoying your flip to communism
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Employers 10000% do not ask people where they live or how many people are in the house, that's utter nonsense. People living beyond their means and expecting to be given luxuries for nothing are not beneficial to this super-society you seem to think we have, but I'm thoroughly enjoying your flip to communism
    I am talking about supply and demand, as you well know.

Employers offering shit wages should *not* be able to fall back in Eastern European labour in order to avoid raising wages.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast