HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post Count

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    My reply asking you what you want me to do? I was asking you what you want me to do, how is that giving zero shits????? You didn't respond to me so I didn't do anything!! I can't go physically count every post of yours so if you had a suggestion of what forum would contribute to it I would happily go check!!!
    Or logically think, okay so if I turn spam posts back on and recount, does it bring everyone back to their value - meaning Ross is incorrect.

No, instead you reply with that.

So instead of blaming spam being turned off, turn it back on, do a recount, look at all the top spam posters, see it's totally inaccurate and recount your steps to see what else was edited.

But we all know what will happen, it'll get brushed under the rug and forgotten about.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    Or logically think, okay so if I turn spam posts back on and recount, does it bring everyone back to their value - meaning Ross is incorrect.

No, instead you reply with that.

So instead of blaming spam being turned off, turn it back on, do a recount, look at all the top spam posters, see it's totally inaccurate and recount your steps to see what else was edited.

But we all know what will happen, it'll get brushed under the rug and forgotten about.
    Okay, you didn’t say that though, you could have suggested it!!

I wouldn’t even THINK about doing what you suggested as the spam post count is supposed to be off and this post count should be right!

I think you’re confusing me with previous admins/gms Ross and letting your anger over some posts cloud your judgement. Sensibly here, you’ve known me long enough now to know that I ALWAYS try and do whatever is in my power to help people and find whats true, fair and right. I am looking into it now having just seen this thread, I wasn’t around enough yesterday and today to see it before now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Also, just FYI I can see from this thread that you "reached" 26k posts last year. I know @Neversoft; was the one who brought up about post counts not being right when the whole user ranks update happened but I didn't realise it had affected more people.

I'm looking into your post areas now to see if another forum has accidentally been turned off.

In reference to a post made earlier in the thread (I think by @buttons when event forums are moved none of their settings are changed (so post count shouold still be on?), they are just moved into an archive thread. As far as I'm aware this doesn't change post counts.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

I'm suspecting it wasn't done on the test forum before?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I'm suspecting it wasn't done on the test forum before?
    We don't have a test forum.

That I'm aware of.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Right I've gone through all the forums you've made more than 100 posts in @GoldenMerc; and here is the results:

Post count on Post count off
    Spam 5960
    Habbo discussion 3738
    Technology and the web 3269
    Questions, ideas and feedback 2669
    Chat about anything 1779
    Gaming 1247
    Habbox Staff only: talk about anything 1245
    Show off your website here! 1133
    Travel and transport 963
    Web Market 911
    Trading 874
    Unacceptable Posts / Evidence 871
    Life, love and looks 619
    Web Hosts 496
    Welcome to HabboxForum / Goodbye 459
    Show off your Habbo creations! 424
    OLD Forum Games 374
    Congratulations and Thank Yous! 354
    Forum Moderation Team Only 325
    Habbox Staff only 312
    Graphics discussion, help and requests 252
    TV & Film 237
    Thread Dump 237
    Archive (RV) 201
    Base Camp 192
    News 181
    Photography and art 152
    Sports 122
    Rare Values Staff only 120
    Education and work 116
    Report All Habbox Bugs Here (Habbox.com V7, Forum, Wiki) 96
    20962 8966

You have 554 other posts which are a mix of on and off subforums but I'm not going to check each one! That's a total of 30482 posts by the way.

The only explanation for you losing 6k IS spam unfortunately. I don't know why it seemingly has affected you for so long though... I know that a few weeks ago I just hit 13k posts, then when I noticed spam was on it was because my user rank was Master and I had 16k posts. I lost around 3k, which is the number I have in spam. But that's just a few days, I don't know why yours was wrong for months, I can't explain it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Right I've gone through all the forums you've made more than 100 posts in @GoldenMerc; and here is the results:

Post count on Post count off
    Spam 5960
    Habbo discussion 3738
    Technology and the web 3269
    Questions, ideas and feedback 2669
    Chat about anything 1779
    Gaming 1247
    Habbox Staff only: talk about anything 1245
    Show off your website here! 1133
    Travel and transport 963
    Web Market 911
    Trading 874
    Unacceptable Posts / Evidence 871
    Life, love and looks 619
    Web Hosts 496
    Welcome to HabboxForum / Goodbye 459
    Show off your Habbo creations! 424
    OLD Forum Games 374
    Congratulations and Thank Yous! 354
    Forum Moderation Team Only 325
    Habbox Staff only 312
    Graphics discussion, help and requests 252
    TV & Film 237
    Thread Dump 237
    Archive (RV) 201
    Base Camp 192
    News 181
    Photography and art 152
    Sports 122
    Rare Values Staff only 120
    Education and work 116
    Report All Habbox Bugs Here (Habbox.com V7, Forum, Wiki) 96
    20962 8966

You have 554 other posts which are a mix of on and off subforums but I'm not going to check each one! That's a total of 30482 posts by the way.

The only explanation for you losing 6k IS spam unfortunately. I don't know why it seemingly has affected you for so long though... I know that a few weeks ago I just hit 13k posts, then when I noticed spam was on it was because my user rank was Master and I had 16k posts. I lost around 3k, which is the number I have in spam. But that's just a few days, I don't know why yours was wrong for months, I can't explain it.

Do forums get deleted? or mass move of threads from a forum?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Do forums get deleted? or mass move of threads from a forum?
    No we don't delete anything.

There were a few mass merges when we did the forum restructure last year but they were all public forums. I *thought* I did a post recount after that but possibly not.

Old/disused forums have been moved into an archive but they've kept their post count settings.

It HAS HAS HAS to be spam though. If you add up ALL of your posts in forums with post counts turned off excluding spam that's 3k, plus if ALL the 554 other posts were in accidentally off forums, that's still only 3.5k and you're saying you've lost circa 6k, the numbers only make sense with spam.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

What I'm assuming (trying to see if I can confirm this now) is that we haven't done a post recount in years and years (basically since you started posting in spam) so since like... 2010 or something spam post counts have been accidentlaly counted?

I honestly can't explain WHY it's happened and it's unfortunate that you feel like you've 'lost' those posts but spam was never meant to have them on so my hands are tied!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

No we don't delete anything.

There were a few mass merges when we did the forum restructure last year but they were all public forums. I *thought* I did a post recount after that but possibly not.

Old/disused forums have been moved into an archive but they've kept their post count settings.

It HAS HAS HAS to be spam though. If you add up ALL of your posts in forums with post counts turned off excluding spam that's 3k, plus if ALL the 554 other posts were in accidentally off forums, that's still only 3.5k and you're saying you've lost circa 6k, the numbers only make sense with spam.
    Still weird it'd update everyones bar mine though? It makes sense, specially if you don't delete posts, only other thing would be a mass move of threads from a forum, I guess, but clinging onto hope I'd say

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast