HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ARGENTINIEN

Latest Awards:

Default Origin of poster_0_name

Hello. I'd like to have a discussion about the unknown origin of this rare. There're two main theories. Some people think it was scripted back in 01-02 and others think it's a deleted furni (let's say comedy poster).

About the second theory Dj_Shadow once said:

I was under this impression originally too, that the poster_0_name was the remnants of some deleted poster from way back. However I don't think this is the case. I will take this time to discuss how I think they came about. Hope you are sitting comfortably.

Pre-marketplace all posters were added under a single ID in the furnidata, <furnitype id="4001" classname="poster">. Then I believe the individual posters are then defined by a row of text in the product data, for example ["poster_1000","Comedy Poster","The Noble and Silver Show"]. Yes the Comedy Poster is still in the data, it wasn't deleted - but replaced. In earlier versions of the Hotel the Comedy Poster was originally ID 1 in the productdata, so we assume that it was indeed the first poster. However in V7 the IDs changed for and the Ancestor Poster replaced the Comedy Poster as ID 1 in the productdata. This meant that any existing Comedy Posters would change into Ancestor posters, in effect 'deleting them'. (read more)

Going a little off topic here, but this original way of adding posters proved problematic when the marketplace was released. Since all of the posters were added under a single furni ID, the market treated them all the same when it came to their averages, trade volumes etc. This is why posters such as the Infobus have impossibly high trade graphs, because it uses the combined data from all the old posters under ID 4001. New posters have since been added straight into the furnidata to avoid this problem.

Now going on to the the poster_0_name. When you select old posters on the Habbo iPad app, they appear in the poster_x_name format for some technical reason. For example the Himalaya Poster (poster ID 15) would appear as poster_15_name etc. So you could assume that because the poster_0_name is called so, it was once a poster with ID 0. Though not exactly true.

I noticed that the loading box is different for the new posters and old posters. Old posters stored in the productdata load like a 3D black box, much like how floor furniture does. Whereas the new posters in the furnidata have a flat 2D loading box, like the poster_0_name. We had already established that the poster_0_name has the furni ID 4001, then found out that it lacks that second ID the other old posters have to define them. Without this its just displays the flat loading box and takes its generic name.

Though how did such an item come about?

After talking to NotMiceElf about this he said that it 'shouldn't exist' and I would guess is most likely a result from scripting, similar to how the Army Plasto came about. I don't believe there are any plans to remove this either, as that would probably involve deleting ID 4001 and relocating all the old posters somehow..

Thanks for reading :-)
    But I have my doubts. This poster's been seen in every single hotel. Even in those hotels that were created after 01-02 (like .es or .nl). So I don't think people scripted it in every single hotel.

What do you think?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I don't know enough about the game to give you a viable answer but it's almost certainly a placeholder for a missing sprite. Think about it.. The game tries to load furniture data that isn't there, what would a developer do? Replace it with a standard placeholder that's recognizable and can easily be fixed. There was a well-known scripting tool people used to use back in the day, I'm not sure if that could recolour furniture server-side though?

Tokens
    Habbo
    ARGENTINIEN

Latest Awards:

Oxus sent me a curious link where Habbo talks about this poster.

According to this new, Habbo knows about the origins of this poster, and its owners. So i don't think they were scripted at all.

https://www.habbo.com/community/arti...poster-removal

Hey Habbos,
    We'd like to thank those of you who reported the bug that occurred today causing bots to give out a broken poster.
    We've taken immediate action to stop the flow of posters into the economy. Unfortunately this required temporarily disabling the ability to command, update names, and change looks of bots.
    Posters gained through the use of this bug will be removed, even if you received one through a trade, so please do not interact with this furniture (it looks like a black square with dotted outline). We must take this step to ensure that original owners of the item do not lose value due to the increased supply.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy the rest of our Habboween festivities!
    - Habbo Tech Team
    Like Ozad Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

I have no idea, but it whether it was scripted or not, I guess it's been around so long, that like army plasto it adds value to the economy (and also because of the naming tag) it would be ridiculous to remove the "original ones". And it's probably the reason why Habbo acknowledges and allows its existence.

It's certainly interesting though, might look on the wiki about other glitched furni like that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENTINIEN View Post
    Oxus sent me a curious link where Habbo talks about this poster.

According to this new, Habbo knows about the origins of this poster, and its owners. So i don't think they were scripted at all.

https://www.habbo.com/community/arti...poster-removal

Hey Habbos,
    We'd like to thank those of you who reported the bug that occurred today causing bots to give out a broken poster.
    We've taken immediate action to stop the flow of posters into the economy. Unfortunately this required temporarily disabling the ability to command, update names, and change looks of bots.
    Posters gained through the use of this bug will be removed, even if you received one through a trade, so please do not interact with this furniture (it looks like a black square with dotted outline). We must take this step to ensure that original owners of the item do not lose value due to the increased supply.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy the rest of our Habboween festivities!
    - Habbo Tech Team
    poster_0_names were around for donkeys years before that post