HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Default Board Games, not BORED games ~Ends May 29th

Hello everyone & welcome back to another competition! This competition is board game related because I love to play board games with friends and family, but we like to put our little twists on board games that we play.

You hear a lot of people talking about making their favorite board games into drinking games, or changing the rules to make it more fun. It's actually a more common thing than I thought it was. Some people are even creative enough and create their own board game with their own rules.

For this competition, all you have to do is tell me either how you and your family/friends make a board game your own by adding twists, OR make up your own board game and tell me the rules of the game! Who knows, maybe I'll get some new ideas for board games for my next game night!

One lucky winner will win 10 coins or 1 month of Comps VIP!
    Last edited by tbl; 14-05-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

this competition is now open!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    nic01e

Latest Awards:

As a teenager Id play alcohol monopoly.

If you land on someone else property, you take a shot, if you go into jail you have to down the rest of your drink. Safe to say, I don't ever remember finishing the game lol
    Like Ozad, N/A Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Growing up with my younger sister, we were so lucky to not have too much technology in the house (we got the Internet in December 2007 when we were 13 and 12). We used to make up a lot of games/board games.

For example, I'm not sure if other countries got the game, but we had a gameshow on TV called 'Golden Balls', the premise was that the players would have golden balls in front of them and they had to act like they had the most money in the game in order to make sure they got through to the next round. In the gameshow there were 100 golden balls all ranging in values from £10 to £75,000. Then there were killer balls too which would lower your final amount significantly (it would remove the 0 off the end so if the final value was £12500 and someone got the killer it would go to £1250).

Originally, we didn't have the luxury of this game (it came out of a board game later on), so we bought 2 packs/deck of cards which had 52 cards in (and 2 Jokers in each), we wrote on the cards certain values from £10 up to £75000 like in the game, we also had killer cards as well (I want to say we made the Jokers the killers and then we had the 4 extra as split and steal balls; we also had a few extra cards just in case we needed more killers).

So what we would do, deal out 4 cards to each player making a front and back row like on the game, we'd reveal our front balls then, we would then look at our back 'balls' (aka cards) and try and bluff our way to the next round; then have 5 balls for the next round etc. We played exactly like the gameshow/board game and then at the end the final 2 players would have cards saying split or steal just like the game. Usually we played for like 2ps or some sweets/candy, but it was so much fun!

We used to take the game with us on holiday and we'd be there sat in the caravan playing Golden Balls.

A few years later I was lucky enough to get the actual board game for Christmas/my birthday, but we much preferred the card game (it was also brought out for Nintendo DS too which was fun).

Remembering this has made me really want to buy some packs of cards and remake it!
    Last edited by Samantha; 22-05-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Like Ozad, N/A Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by nic01e View Post
    As a teenager Id play alcohol monopoly.

If you land on someone else property, you take a shot, if you go into jail you have to down the rest of your drink. Safe to say, I don't ever remember finishing the game lol
    ! My friends and I used to do this too! - Mad uni days haha.

My entry to the comp:

Playing a game called Ring of Fire - (another drinking game) but we used to include "strip poker" within it... I won't go into more details with this, but it was a fun!

Like N/A Liked