HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Default Fully FURIOUS about the Eurovision voting

So if you're cool at all you'll have been watching Eurovision last night, and you'll have seen that The Netherlands "won" it because a tiny handful of people that no-one knows get 50% of the entire vote. The public votes had Norway as the winner (which is correct they were the best performers by a massive amount) and when you look at the breakdown of votes the old oh it's just political it doesn't matter about the music argument is shown to apply almost exclusively to these supposedly impartial and professional juries.

There's an enorrrrrrrrrmous disparity with what the public enjoyed (which is what it should be about) and what the juries wanted. Never mind that the juries vote based on a rehearsal rather than the final show anyway cough cough.

This is just the results for Norway's points - 37 of the 41 participating countries gave them points on the public vote... and only 10 juries. There was also the ultra obvious 12 point swap between Greece and Cyprus which quite rightly got some audience boos, and basically the entire thing was a mess at the end. Cancel the juries, they bring NOTHING to the competition and are clearly not doing their job properly as it is.

uggggggggggggggggggggggggggghh
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like tbl Liked

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

I've been asking a lot of questions/trying to learn more about the voting/all of Eurovision as I'm American and didn't know what this was before...

I think it's a shame that the people's vote doesn't count more since this whole idea seems based AROUND THE PEOPLE and what they like. I thought it was awesome to see how much the people's vote changed the order.

I've got so many questions! How does the jury for reach country get picked and is it always the same people?
    Like Ozad Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It's def not the same people because you can't be part of the jury if you've done it in the last 2 years, but no idea how it is actually decided. Most likely a case of "who you know not what you know"
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like tbl Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

I am not a fan of the voting method, it is never about the music - from what I can gather. It wouldn't surprise me it is just a tad of a fix. I am pretty sure the UK are only ever in this is due to the amount we pay into it...

Like tbl Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    I am not a fan of the voting method, it is never about the music - from what I can gather. It wouldn't surprise me it is just a tad of a fix. I am pretty sure the UK are only ever in this is due to the amount we pay into it...
    They are. It's not a secret. UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain all go through automatically, yet we all (except Italy) put through shitty acts and do shitty:

https://eurosong-contest.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Five

I really do think we should stop paying in so much and stop being automatically entered cause maybe then we'd realise we actually have to put up a decent act... I would honestly rather fail to get through than get through automatically and consistently come bottom 5. The UK would still watch the eurovision in that case - we honestly seem more invested in other countries than our own atm.

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Jarkie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    They are. It's not a secret. UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain all go through automatically, yet we all (except Italy) put through shitty acts and do shitty:

https://eurosong-contest.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Five

I really do think we should stop paying in so much and stop being automatically entered cause maybe then we'd realise we actually have to put up a decent act... I would honestly rather fail to get through than get through automatically and consistently come bottom 5. The UK would still watch the eurovision in that case - we honestly seem more invested in other countries than our own atm.
    Thank you for finding this. I couldn't agree more, perhaps we need a EuroExit too? haha!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What we need is for the BBC to not be totally shit with their selection and promotion methods. Obviously Eurovision isn't to everyone's tastes but even when we have a completely **** song like Bigger Than Us it should be given radio time so that people can get behind it and maybe actually care - this would also be an incentive for them to select a decent song every now and then
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

I do think the big 5 are at a disadvantage even though they pay to get through to the final. People get more exposure to the semi songs and get behind favourites who they want to see qualify so by the finale they're already backing someone. And then the semi songs have to do more work because they have more competition so probably put more effort in.

And then the jurys have too much power for 5 people who decide 50% of the votes!! They're supposed to stop neighbour voting but you only have to look at Cyprus and Greece yesterday and Azerbaijan to see they still vote for neighbours and also strategically.

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Turns out that because the juries vote based on the rehearsal performances (WHICH IS ITSELF STUPID) Norway got shafted by the shit Israeli tech team at KAN who kept messing up the sound through the semis earlier in the week and then totally ruined it at the rehearsals too - Norway were not by a long shot the only ones to suffer from KAN being crap but in a song with all these subtleties and mixes it makes a huge difference and clearly affected the judging enormously. Apparently it wasn't even limited to just sound problems, the cameras kept crashing out and stuff too
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like tbl Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Turns out that because the juries vote based on the rehearsal performances (WHICH IS ITSELF STUPID) Norway got shafted by the shit Israeli tech team at KAN who kept messing up the sound through the semis earlier in the week and then totally ruined it at the rehearsals too - Norway were not by a long shot the only ones to suffer from KAN being crap but in a song with all these subtleties and mixes it makes a huge difference and clearly affected the judging enormously. Apparently it wasn't even limited to just sound problems, the cameras kept crashing out and stuff too
    They judge on previous performances rather than the current? Christ. This show just gets worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast