HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Default Are movies a better form of entertainment than books?

Before the creation of "moving pictures" stories were told by reading books and using ones imagination, however in the last 50 or so years, technology has made the impossible very much possible.

Movies are more often than not based on books, thus they bring the books to life, which can help people with a lack of creativity and imagination, or simply those who can't read fast or process the information as well as others. However on the other hand movies are still limited in what they can accomplish normally due to time restrictions or production costs etc... meaning that sometimes vital parts or scenes are left out of the movie that were part of the book giving the book more depth.

What are your thoughts?
    Do you think movies are a better form of entertainment than books?

THIS DEBATE ENDS ON THE 14TH JULY

For more information on the debate guidelines and how to win prizes see the guidelines thread here
    Last edited by Sloths; 30-06-2019 at 12:51 AM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

This debate is now open!!

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I always preferred books to films (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings as examples) and they are better, but that is not to say films don't add to the book. For example, in Harry Potter I had different reactions to the book, but then music and imagery also added to parts I did not think much of in the book.

It is best to read first, then watch the film.

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

I quite often enjoy the book versions of movies more than the actual movies. Reading relaxes me and is kind of my way to escape reality for a little while. Books have all the little important details while movies sometimes leave things out or leave you to figure somethings out on your own. Unless I'm watching a movie with other people, I mostly just put movies on for background noise.

I definitely prefer books for entertainment over movies.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Personally I can happily sit down and read for hours on end but watching a movie that's like 2-3 hours long is hard work (why are all the movies like 3 hours long now??) and I don't really know why. Maybe like @tbl; said it's because of all the tiny details in a book that make it exciting throughout but movies tend to remove the tiny details and stick to the main story that sometimes can be a bit slow at points.

If I want to read a book I'll leave the movie or TV show until I've finished the book, which sometimes takes a while and is the reason I still haven't watched things like The Great Gatsby because I haven't gotten around to the book. If I know I don't want to read the book then I'll happily watch the TV show/movie although sometimes I don't realise things are books until I've watched them and it doesn't feel the same reading the book after watching the show/movie imo.