HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Hotel Moderation

Hi everyone.

I’ve been away from Habbo for a number of years now, and clearly quite a lot has changed.

I used to play just as Hobbas were phased out and there were quite a few MOD- accounts floating around.

I’ve seen a programme called Guardians posted on here but seem to have been also phased out.

I also recall a number of years ago about Moderators being reduced or even phased out in favour of automation but I’m not sure.

I was just wondering what the current situation is in regards to the moderation system now and how it works, is it in house or is it outsourced now? Or do they rely on automation.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always lurking around, never really post.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Yeah, after Hobbas came a new program called Habbo Guardians, which anyone can become by following the achievement tree which involves voting alongside other Guardians/Helpers on chat snippets which have been reported by other players (Username are censored out, and the player who got reported has their chat highlighted in red text so you can make an informed decision. Helpers/Guardians have the option of voting that the player in question behaved... Good, Badly and Severe, and if majority voted the same then the system would automatically dish out the relevant punishment.

The tool was abused earlier this year and was subsequently disabled for a while, however it is back up and running now.

You can read more about Helpers/Guardians here: https://www.habboxwiki.com/Habbo_Helpers

The below was taken from Wiki

From August 2000 to 31 December 2005, there existed a program for experienced members of each Habbo community to become a 'Hobba'. Hobbas were non-paid, volunteer moderators with limited powers that acted as Hotel Guides. On December 31, 2005, Sulake suspended the Hobba program due to major security issues and the rapidly growing Habbo community. It was decided that Habbo needed a stronger, more professional moderation team, that would be employees of Sulake. Following requests for the program to be revived, in June 2012, it was announced that modernized Hobbas, called Guardians, would be introduced into Habbo. These users will have limited moderation powers and will be closely monitored to ensure safety is not compromised
    Now we also have whats called Habbo Ambassadors, which is a programme launched in 2014 to work alongside Habbo staff to assist in Moderating the hotel, ambassadors have 2 key duties, which is to meet and greet players (You'll often find them in public rooms doing this, they'll have the ambassador badge above their head) and also to moderate public rooms, which they have limited powers in; such as the ability to mute and kick players among other things.

You can read more about ambassadors here: https://www.habboxwiki.com/Habbo_Ambassadors

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers
    Like Nli. Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    Yeah, after Hobbas came a new program called Habbo Guardians, which anyone can become by following the achievement tree which involves voting alongside other Guardians/Helpers on chat snippets which have been reported by other players (Username are censored out, and the player who got reported has their chat highlighted in red text so you can make an informed decision. Helpers/Guardians have the option of voting that the player in question behaved... Good, Badly and Severe, and if majority voted the same then the system would automatically dish out the relevant punishment.

The tool was abused earlier this year and was subsequently disabled for a while, however it is back up and running now.

You can read more about Helpers/Guardians here: https://www.habboxwiki.com/Habbo_Helpers

The below was taken from Wiki

Now we also have whats called Habbo Ambassadors, which is a programme launched in 2014 to work alongside Habbo staff to assist in Moderating the hotel, ambassadors have 2 key duties, which is to meet and greet players (You'll often find them in public rooms doing this, they'll have the ambassador badge above their head) and also to moderate public rooms, which they have limited powers in; such as the ability to mute and kick players among other things.

You can read more about ambassadors here: https://www.habboxwiki.com/Habbo_Ambassadors
    Thank you for your reply.

Interesting to see that they have this approach given what happened a few years ago where the hotel was muted.

I thought it would have been strictly moderated like it used to be.

Always lurking around, never really post.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nli. View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

Interesting to see that they have this approach given what happened a few years ago where the hotel was muted.

I thought it would have been strictly moderated like it used to be.

Nope, they did for a while, they outsourced moderators from countries where the minimum wage was less than in the US or UK, but I don't think Habbo could even afford that considering that didn't last long, which is when the Habbo Guardians and Ambassadors came into play, and now there is next to no moderation on the hotel, nothing like there used to be. Don't get me wrong, there is still Habbo staff roaming around, but obviously due to the incline in players over the years, I don't think it's warranted or even financially feasible to have a heavily moderated hotel.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It's basically random what will or won't happen. You might get banned for saying hello in one room while elsewhere there's a massive room full of people openly gambling and nothing being done about it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +