HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Who do you want to be the next Tory Leader, and Prime Minister?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boris Johnson

3 33.33%
  • Dominic Raab

0 0%
  • Michael Gove

0 0%
  • Jeremy Hunt

2 22.22%
  • Matt Hancock

0 0%
  • Sajid Javid

2 22.22%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tory Leadership

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Stewart is coming across almost as slimy as Gove the more I hear from him. Voted against investigating the Iraq war, staunchly against no deal to the point that he'd stop the entire thing to avoid it (and yet voted against giving EU nationals already here any rights, literally worst of both worlds), and WORST OF ALL he looks weird
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

@FlyingJesus;

I refer to him as Wormtongue as he embarrassingly arsekissed Theresa May on television for months, and then secured himself a Cabinet job after she ran out of people to put into the Cabinet. I would actually like him to make the final two, so we could see what the party membership think of him.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-06-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    It was a collective decision after it was presented to the Cabinet at Chequers, you had to either agree to the Cabinet line on it or resign from position which is exactly what Davis and Boris both did. He wasn't "forced" into it - he point blank was presented with this agreement that the Civil Service and Number 10 had been working on, and was told that was the agreed position.

Eh? It was presented at Chequers and that is literally when the Cabinet first laid eyes on the agreement.
    suppose I accept that all as fact
    what was he doing for a year and why did he lie about impact assessments?
    more signs point to him just being lazy and incompetent

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Matt Hancock just withdrew from the race.

And here's the latest YouGov, just fresh out of the oven. Look at the dire sitution the Tories find themselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    suppose I accept that all as fact
    what was he doing for a year and why did he lie about impact assessments?
    more signs point to him just being lazy and incompetent
    Apparently they were working on an FTA with technology being used on the border, but the EU was holding out that the FTA only apply to Great Britain and not Northern Ireland. At that point, as Davis says himself, Britain should have left the negotiating table and prepared for No Deal.

Had I been sat at that table, I would have demanded in a counter offer that the Republic of Ireland join our Customs Union + Single Market.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-06-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Apparently they were working on an FTA with technology being used on the border, but the EU was holding out that the FTA only apply to Great Britain and not Northern Ireland. At that point, as Davis says himself, Britain should have left the negotiating table and prepared for No Deal.

Had I been sat at that table, I would have demanded in a counter offer that the Republic of Ireland join our Customs Union + Single Market.
    where's your source on this?
    also what is this technology that keeps being mentioned that will solve all these problems?

i just want to take this moment when mentioning technology to mention how poorly formatted a brexit party letter was and somehow these people are saying technology will solve the issue

speaking of brexit party whats your view on farage going apeshit at jo brand
    Last edited by dbgtz; 14-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

where's your source on this?
    Interviews I have seen, reports I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    also what is this technology that keeps being mentioned that will solve all these problems?

i just want to take this moment when mentioning technology to mention how poorly formatted a brexit party letter was and somehow these people are saying technology will solve the issue
    Customs posts at the border, or checking customs when it arrives at the destination... that sort of thing. If I am perfectly honest, I would just like to see a manned border reinstated anyway. There already exists a border (monetary, measurement, legal, political) and so there should, the Republic of Ireland wanted independence in 1922 so it should be treated as any other foreign state on our doorstep, like France is.

speaking of brexit party whats your view on farage going apeshit at jo brand
    I think comedians/anyone in general should be able to say whatever they want, however Jo Brand a few years ago got Carol Thatcher sacked from the BBC for saying the word gollywog so I am delighted to see that Jo Brand may now also lose her career. What goes around comes around.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-06-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Interviews I have seen, reports I have read.
    ok, can you name one? not even trying to be difficult but i cant find anything

Customs posts at the border, or checking customs when it arrives at the destination... that sort of thing. If I am perfectly honest, I would just like to see a manned border reinstated anyway. There already exists a border (monetary, measurement, legal, political) and so there should, the Republic of Ireland wanted independence in 1922 so it should be treated as any other foreign state on our doorstep, like France is.
    your technology based solution to not put up a border is to put up a border?

I think comedians/anyone in general should be able to say whatever they want, however Jo Brand a few years ago got Carol Thatcher sacked from the BBC for saying the word gollywog so I am delighted to see that Jo Brand may now also lose her career. What goes around comes around.
    so you disagree with farage calling for police action
    perhaps you would even agree hes a bit of a hypocrite in this situation

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

ok, can you name one? not even trying to be difficult but i cant find anything
    I can't find the more in-depth stuff I read at time, but found these.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...eers-7n8gmnvkb

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...equers-meeting

Quote Originally Posted by dgbtz
    your technology based solution to not put up a border is to put up a border?
    Brexiteers are talking about technological solutions, but I am saying that I personally do not care and would like to see a full border implemented anyway like we have with the French Republic. The Irish Republic is a different country - I see no reason to spend hundreds of millions trying to find complicated ways around what most other countries do, which is build a manned border post with a customs checks car park at the side. Brexit aside, for a while now I have disagreed with the special treatment given to the Republic.

so you disagree with farage calling for police action
    perhaps you would even agree hes a bit of a hypocrite in this situation
    I don't recall Farage making jokes about acid throwing at other politicians, so don't see the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 15-06-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

I just still struggle to believe it's going to be Boris. Or maybe that's just blind optimism. Surely the current strategy of keeping him away from the press can't continue?

The BBC debate should be interesting if he turns up as agreed.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Nothing in Sunday papers in terms of scandals to sink Boris, looks like he's heading for Number 10.

And tonight's poll.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast