View Poll Results: Who do you want to be the next Tory Leader, and Prime Minister?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boris Johnson

    2 40.00%
  • Dominic Raab

    0 0%
  • Michael Gove

    0 0%
  • Jeremy Hunt

    0 0%
  • Matt Hancock

    0 0%
  • Sajid Javid

    2 40.00%
  • Other

    1 20.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Tory Leadership

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,050
    Tokens
    28,973
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    As much as I still can't stand him I think that Gove's played a blinder politically with the drug confession, it means no-one can hold it as a card against him later on and the simpletons in their crack houses have taken it to mean he's one of their own (because obviously everyone who's ever used drugs is part of the same tight knit community for life................) and then pretty much everyone else has just said "yeah so what", very shrewd move on his part. As I say, still think he's a ****wit vampire
    not so much questioning the strategy, just the hypocrisy of it all

    Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Raab didn't negotiate it though. Neither did David Davis. If you remember, she called the Cabinet to Chequers and ambushed them with her plan which had been negotiated by Civil Servant Olly Robbens operating on behalf of Number 10. Raab, Davis and Boris all did the principled thing and resigned.

    EU starting to go crackers over this. Good. Don't pay them a penny.

    It's like how Trump just got Mexico to start patrolling the border. Threatened them with raising tariffs - a week later they caved in.
    I'll somewhat accept the Raab argument as he inherited it from Davis, but he was out of his depth and lazy

    But you really think Davis was just sidelined lmao
    the dude was accused of being lazy on multiple occassions on both sides, turns up without notes, believes we would be heading to berlin to strike a deal (ignorance of how the eu works no matter how you look at it), and completely lied about the impact assessments

    They both resigned after the announcement too, never during which you would surely expect if it was being hijacked as you suggested?

    these people were given the perfect opportunity to actually put their words into actions but failed

  2. #12
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,229
    Tokens
    2,898
    View Awards

    Default

    IDS backed Boris earlier today. Rudd backed Hunt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    No love for Sam Gyimah?
    I think had Sam Gyimah made it onto the ballot and somehow by magic won, then he should have offered himself up for a second vote seeing as he demands it for the rest of the country to vote over and over again until we give the "right" answer. Can't stand him just for that alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I'll somewhat accept the Raab argument as he inherited it from Davis, but he was out of his depth and lazy

    But you really think Davis was just sidelined lmao
    the dude was accused of being lazy on multiple occassions on both sides, turns up without notes, believes we would be heading to berlin to strike a deal (ignorance of how the eu works no matter how you look at it), and completely lied about the impact assessments
    You do realise the briefings against Davis, Raab and Johnson all come from inside the May Ministry? Ask yourself why they may hope to discredit those ministers, when those ministers were unhappy with government policy and eventually resigned over it. It wasn't a case of lazy ministers, it was a case of Number 10 and the Civil Service actively undermining the governments own ministers to cook up this surrender document.



    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    They both resigned after the announcement too, never during which you would surely expect if it was being hijacked as you suggested?

    these people were given the perfect opportunity to actually put their words into actions but failed
    They resigned just after Chequers, yes. From memory it was over that weekend, after lawyers had looked at parts of the text and it could be examined. Sounds pretty sensible to me, and principled that they did quit - unlike Gove, Fox, Leadom and Mordaunt who could've brought this awful PM down earlier had they joined Boris and Davis. Raab then stepped in for a very short tenure, and found the Brexit Secretary was basically teaboy for Number 10's Civil Servant Olly Robbens, and promptly resigned.

    The reason why Boris or Raab will likely win against Gove or Hunt is precisely because they resigned. Their principles will be rewarded.
    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

  3. #13
    FlyingJesus's Avatar
    FlyingJesus is offline Events Manager
    Articles Manager
    Graphics Designer

    Guest Room Builder


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sunny Worthing
    Posts
    22,591
    Tokens
    35,522
    View Awards

    Default

    I like to think I'm not entirely disconnected when it comes to this stuff but can anyone explain to me why Gove and Hunt are in any way popular with anyone? I've never met anyone who actually likes or trusts either of them
    | TWITTER |



    Bees.

  4. #14
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,229
    Tokens
    2,898
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I like to think I'm not entirely disconnected when it comes to this stuff but can anyone explain to me why Gove and Hunt are in any way popular with anyone? I've never met anyone who actually likes or trusts either of them
    They're popular with some of the MPs, we'll see just how popular they are with the membership against Boris or Raab.
    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

  5. #15
    FlyingJesus's Avatar
    FlyingJesus is offline Events Manager
    Articles Manager
    Graphics Designer

    Guest Room Builder


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sunny Worthing
    Posts
    22,591
    Tokens
    35,522
    View Awards

    Default

    It's like Eurovision all over again, the wrong people getting the "professional" go ahead
    | TWITTER |



    Bees.

  6. #16
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,229
    Tokens
    2,898
    View Awards

    Default

    MP support totals at this stage -

    And an interesting ComRes poll out last night.

    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,050
    Tokens
    28,973
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    You do realise the briefings against Davis, Raab and Johnson all come from inside the May Ministry? Ask yourself why they may hope to discredit those ministers, when those ministers were unhappy with government policy and eventually resigned over it. It wasn't a case of lazy ministers, it was a case of Number 10 and the Civil Service actively undermining the governments own ministers to cook up this surrender document.


    any source not from the guy who's not just going to admit hes lazy and/or a liar (speaking of which i'd love to see your logic on why he said there were plenty of impact assessments then admits there were none)

    looking at some other sources, it was a collective government decision
    now you can say that he was forced into it or whatever, which basically just shows he has little a spine so how would he negotiate with the eu to begin with?

    let's not forget he's a proven liar I would like to emphasise that part
    and not the promise to do something but doesnt lie, but says something that is simply untrue
    They resigned just after Chequers, yes. From memory it was over that weekend, after lawyers had looked at parts of the text and it could be examined. Sounds pretty sensible to me, and principled that they did quit - unlike Gove, Fox, Leadom and Mordaunt who could've brought this awful PM down earlier had they joined Boris and Davis. Raab then stepped in for a very short tenure, and found the Brexit Secretary was basically teaboy for Number 10's Civil Servant Olly Robbens, and promptly resigned.

    The reason why Boris or Raab will likely win against Gove or Hunt is precisely because they resigned. Their principles will be rewarded.
    why does it sound sensible to you the law makers cant read legislation they should have been aware of

    alexander has no principles, dont just use the real names for people you dont like

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,050
    Tokens
    28,973
    View Awards

    Default

    also if he does have principles i do hope he tries for a new GE (if he becomes pm) considering the roasting he gave gordon brown

  9. #19
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,229
    Tokens
    2,898
    View Awards

    Default

    Great news tonight, unconstitutional plot to bend the constitutional rules failed tonight.

    And current declared numbers for Tory leadership. First round is tomorrow just after midday.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    any source not from the guy who's not just going to admit hes lazy and/or a liar (speaking of which i'd love to see your logic on why he said there were plenty of impact assessments then admits there were none)

    looking at some other sources, it was a collective government decision
    now you can say that he was forced into it or whatever, which basically just shows he has little a spine so how would he negotiate with the eu to begin with?

    let's not forget he's a proven liar I would like to emphasise that part
    and not the promise to do something but doesnt lie, but says something that is simply untrue
    It was a collective decision after it was presented to the Cabinet at Chequers, you had to either agree to the Cabinet line on it or resign from position which is exactly what Davis and Boris both did. He wasn't "forced" into it - he point blank was presented with this agreement that the Civil Service and Number 10 had been working on, and was told that was the agreed position.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    why does it sound sensible to you the law makers cant read legislation they should have been aware of

    alexander has no principles, dont just use the real names for people you dont like
    Eh? It was presented at Chequers and that is literally when the Cabinet first laid eyes on the agreement.
    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

  10. #20
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,229
    Tokens
    2,898
    View Awards

    Default

    And a Tory member poll.

    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO