HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

Default What made you choose the major you did?

If you're a university student and you've declared a major, what made you pick that major? Are you happy with your choice?

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

i did Politics, Philosophy and Economics

picked because i was going to do history alone but i asked my history teacher beforehand whether to pick a degree like history or history and english so she said pick the more you can. so i most applied for history + english - PPE i didn't think i would get on cos theres not many courses in the country (i think 10 overall in Britain) and they had high points needed. but i had to pick an extra for UCAS so i randomly picked one of the PPE courses thinking i'd not get on it

anyway long story short i got it and thats what i did.

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

I chose what I chose because I was good at what I was going to study. Also, my parents pushed me hard towards my major.

In hindsight, I wish I had picked something different. My freshman year it was sort of presented that there was only one way to finish/complete my degree and then we'd need another year to get a master's degree. I'm not 100% sure what I would have studied, but it wouldn't have been what I first picked!
    Like sexpot Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    .:TaylorSwift:

Latest Awards:

Biology is my main major and I will be minoring in Spanish.
    It relates with my plan in working in the Medical Field. I find Biology the most interesting course because there are a variety of field you can go through to understand the concepts of how life works in certain ways and the chemical processes.

Spanish is something I want to double major, but I don't want to do another Senior Thesis. Spanish is a language I've been learning to speak for four years. I have a passion in learning languages which is why I'm also learning Korean. Languages is the one thing every human experiences if they don't know how to communicate with another individual. I want to speak to more people and understand their life and what is their story.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

I chose Visual Communication Design as the major I wanted to do around 2-3 years before I even applied to University, it contained all the things I enjoyed and was pretty good at and seemed like it would be the best choice to get me into the sort of job I wanted at the time.

Years later and knowing others who did other courses and majors I’m really glad I did what I did as it’s gotten me to where I want to be and I really enjoyed it at the same time.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I did computing science because my computing teacher in high school told me I should

My choice was between it and accounting, and I think I made the right choice as I would have got bored eventually doing accounting.