HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cats

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Default cats

who has cats?!

how much do they cost a month to maintain (like litter/food/toys/insurance)?

how common are indoor only cats?

I'm finally close to where I can get a cat (love)

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

I've seen clients with indoor cats and I feel sorry for them. They have more deficiency from not getting sun, eating grass etc. I wouldn't have a cat, or a dog, unless they had freedom to come and go outside. They are also very expensive, more expensive than people think, but you don't need to buy the best litter or best food for them, try them with less expensive. The expense comes when they're ill, even with insurance which you *need* to get. I know someone who's cat had to get a tooth out and it was like £250 even with insurance.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    I've seen clients with indoor cats and I feel sorry for them. They have more deficiency from not getting sun, eating grass etc. I wouldn't have a cat, or a dog, unless they had freedom to come and go outside. They are also very expensive, more expensive than people think, but you don't need to buy the best litter or best food for them, try them with less expensive. The expense comes when they're ill, even with insurance which you *need* to get. I know someone who's cat had to get a tooth out and it was like £250 even with insurance.
    I can see that point but I'd hate to have a outdoor cat as there's always the chance it'll never come back or injured by some idiots, an indoor cat you always know where they are so don't have to worry about it

it can always get out in the garden for sun/grass when I'm there

I imagine most things on insurance will have some sort of excess, so guessing the £250 was the excess on the policy?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

I have one, he’s not too expensive definitely cheaper than a dog but not like cheap cheap.

Hes got a catflap so can go in and out as he wishes and no way would he be happy being an inside cat, but that may just be because he knows outside. It may be difficult forcing him to be an indoor cat if you are gonna let him out when you’re there, are you gonna leash him or just keep a constant eye on him so he doesn’t go next door and onwards?

I don’t have insurance for him but I do have an emergency fund stashed away for emergencies like one we had at the beginning of the year. He had a bladder problem which meant he couldn’t pee, luckily a round of antibiotics sorted it so it was only around $400 (£200ish) although Idk if nz vets prices compare to Scottish sorry.

He’s a picky eater so only likes two brands of food which are actually on the cheaper side. The monthly costs will differ if you’re going to stick with solely dry or wet food or both. We now do both after his bladder problem so it’s almost double the cost (id guess about $30/£15ish a month). If you wanna get premium vet quality food it’s obviously gonna be more expensive.

Ok that was a lot and I don’t think it’s actually helpful sorry

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

not a fan of pussy i gotta admit

Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I loveeeeee cats so much I just have no clue how expensive it would be and I honestly dont feel like I'm capable of looking after something else rn lmao

WOuld love to in the next few years though

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I loveeeeee cats so much I just have no clue how expensive it would be and I honestly dont feel like I'm capable of looking after something else rn lmao

WOuld love to in the next few years though
    same I've wanted one for ages too, so I'll soon finally be in a position where it's possible so considering it soon

it would do you good, just play with it when you're stressed

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    not a fan of pussy i gotta admit
    so we heard

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    I have one, he’s not too expensive definitely cheaper than a dog but not like cheap cheap.

Hes got a catflap so can go in and out as he wishes and no way would he be happy being an inside cat, but that may just be because he knows outside. It may be difficult forcing him to be an indoor cat if you are gonna let him out when you’re there, are you gonna leash him or just keep a constant eye on him so he doesn’t go next door and onwards?

I don’t have insurance for him but I do have an emergency fund stashed away for emergencies like one we had at the beginning of the year. He had a bladder problem which meant he couldn’t pee, luckily a round of antibiotics sorted it so it was only around $400 (£200ish) although Idk if nz vets prices compare to Scottish sorry.

He’s a picky eater so only likes two brands of food which are actually on the cheaper side. The monthly costs will differ if you’re going to stick with solely dry or wet food or both. We now do both after his bladder problem so it’s almost double the cost (id guess about $30/£15ish a month). If you wanna get premium vet quality food it’s obviously gonna be more expensive.

Ok that was a lot and I don’t think it’s actually helpful sorry
    so in total what do you spend per month roughly?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Did you get your cat yet?

I have two indoor cats. They are both 8 years old and it's only been in the past few years that I've let them out in the garden. ONLY because the garden is secure, and persian cats are really terrible at jumping/balance haha so they can't jump over the fence. They enjoy the garden but they tend to stay inside even when the back door is open.. they cost me 700 and insurance is about 10 a month which covers accidents and illnesses. We buy our pet food via amazon prime as it works out cheaper.. cat litter can by expensive if you want decent stuff! Remember if you have an indoor cat you will need lots of cat litter haha. I probably spend about 200 a year on random vet visits in total.

If you decide to get an indoor cat I recommend getting a pedigree breed that's supposed to be kept indoors - they have the best personalities!!! It will cost more at first it'll be worth it.

Here they are:

Last edited by YellowBelli; 26-07-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Those are my cats, Jackie and Thomas (sunglasses)

Though after years we spent together I think I should call them Jekyll and Hyde, those would fit their attitude Anyway, I love those furry guys. By the way, did you know that every cat owner should know how to use diatomaceous earth? Just recently I came across this page and think this should be interesting to for you, guys.

Tokens
    Habbo
    BreakfastBacon

Latest Awards:

my cat is very cheap, i buy some tins of cat food and maybe like a decent sized box of cat biscuits every 3/4 weeks and thats enough to keep him going since he spends his day outside hunting and then might show up in the evening sometimes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast