Coins coins coins!
Want to create your own swimming pool of coins? Better get entering some of our fantastic competitions then hun...
Check out HabboxWiki
Did you know our wiki has over 1,800 pages full of all things Habbo? From history to LTD tracking, we've got ya covered!
Forum Christmas shop now open!
Get a sparkly username, add a cute Christmas icon (Santa hat hello??) and more... check out our festive forum shop!


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 33 of 33
  1. #31
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,483
    Tokens
    7,653
    View Awards

    Default

    More developments today on the impending VONC that will inevitably come in September.

    Finally my side are playing dirty like the Remainers have been since 2016. You started this.

    The only hope now for them is by Vote of No Confidence in the government, and replacing it with another government. But where will they get the numbers from for that? Dozens of Labour MPs will never go along with a plan to revoke Article 50, Corbyn will never accept anyone but himself as PM of a caretaker government and many Remainers will never accept Corbyn as PM. In addition, the SNP would want another indy referendum as the price for supporting such a government.

    Even if such a government could be cobbled together, the law gives the incumbent PM the power to go for an election instead and Boris is well within the powers of the Prime Minister to schedule a General Election after October 31st. The pressure from Farage's Brexit Party means that in order to survive, the Tory Party *must* only hold an election after 31st October. The walls are closing in and it is shaping the political reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    **** hell you dont half twist crap do you
    Well its true. It doesn't matter how many times the campaign is re-run and Leave wins, you'll still convince yourself that it was all a giant conspiracy between Russia, Rupert Murdoch, Farage, Dominic Cummings and Boris's career ambitions who duped a load of voters, who, had it not been for the 'misinformation' (aka arguments your side didn't have an answer for) would've walked into the polling booths and ticked Remain. It's delusion on an epic scale. I and everyone I knew was going to vote Leave long before the referendum was even called, we were not ambushed by Cambridge Analytica/the KGB or Boris holding up a dried kipper.

    The state of the game is essentially this:

    - British people are naturally eurosceptic and have little attachment to the European project.
    - The Remain campaign was utter shit with unbelievable and unconvincing falsehoods peddled about impending doom.
    - From immigration controls to fisheries people wanted to take back control over something they never agreed to give away.

    It all boils down to that, and three years on, you haven't got any idea how to even come to terms with it. Sad!

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    what
    most of the show is about parliamentary enquiries (and the us equivalent)
    Again, you're looking for outside validation instead of looking at why your own arguments lost in 2016.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    thats nothing to do with free ports
    do you even know what a free port is
    Yes, something the EU discourages because of competition concerns.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/49198825

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    well it was effectively her widespread privatisation push that put a lot of out of work

    are you also just ignoring the fact youre trying to spin a positive of brexit on something that we could have always done or..?
    Privatisation that had to take place because the Unions had brought industry to its knees.

    Look up the Winter of Discontent and the IMF bailout. We were known as the sick man of Europe because Soviet-sympathising lunatics like Arthur Scargill and Derek Hatton in Liverpool seized controls of councils/unions/increasingly the Labour Party calling strike after strike, demanding pay rises resisting modernisation (layoffs). Thatcher was the medicine in the same way I hope Boris is in regards to Brexit.

    And the Labour Party is once again in the grip of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    and back to before, how will these help the north exactly?
    - Restoring British waters to British fishermen will revive our fishing towns which EU membership decimated.
    - Leaving the CAP will allow us to import cheaper food and drink from the Commonwealth instead of supporting French farmers.
    - No more Freedom of Movement will mean wages in the north can begin to rise due to a lack of Poles/Bulgarians suppressing wages.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 04-08-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

  2. #32
    -:Undertaker:-'s Avatar
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cdiz, Kingdom of Spain
    Posts
    25,483
    Tokens
    7,653
    View Awards

    Default

    Labour figures been ruling out joining a hypothetical Government of Remainer National Unity.

    That means the idea is dead in the water, even if it was ever possible (highly unlikely anyway if you ask me).

    It looks like the only power Parliament has left is emergency debates - but motions aren't legally binding. Game over.

    Thats the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The man Im going to hell for.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,117
    Tokens
    30,107
    View Awards

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Well its true. It doesn't matter how many times the campaign is re-run and Leave wins, you'll still convince yourself that it was all a giant conspiracy between Russia, Rupert Murdoch, Farage, Dominic Cummings and Boris's career ambitions who duped a load of voters, who, had it not been for the 'misinformation' (aka arguments your side didn't have an answer for) would've walked into the polling booths and ticked Remain. It's delusion on an epic scale. I and everyone I knew was going to vote Leave long before the referendum was even called, we were not ambushed by Cambridge Analytica/the KGB or Boris holding up a dried kipper.

    The state of the game is essentially this:

    - British people are naturally eurosceptic and have little attachment to the European project.
    - The Remain campaign was utter shit with unbelievable and unconvincing falsehoods peddled about impending doom.
    - From immigration controls to fisheries people wanted to take back control over something they never agreed to give away.

    It all boils down to that, and three years on, you haven't got any idea how to even come to terms with it. Sad!
    honestly if thats what you think misinformation is then discussing anything with you is pointless

    Again, you're looking for outside validation instead of looking at why your own arguments lost in 2016.
    even if that were true, how is that relevant to you saying its a conspiracy theory
    the evidence is right there that it happened

    Yes, something the EU discourages because of competition concerns.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/49198825
    but is something plenty of eu countries do so what is your point
    https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custom..._freezones.pdf

    Privatisation that had to take place because the Unions had brought industry to its knees.

    Look up the Winter of Discontent and the IMF bailout. We were known as the sick man of Europe because Soviet-sympathising lunatics like Arthur Scargill and Derek Hatton in Liverpool seized controls of councils/unions/increasingly the Labour Party calling strike after strike, demanding pay rises resisting modernisation (layoffs). Thatcher was the medicine in the same way I hope Boris is in regards to Brexit.

    And the Labour Party is once again in the grip of them.
    because the workers were effectively getting a pay cut? not just in state owned companies, but also bled into private contracters who were absolutely raking it in
    i dont understand your position, you constantly bang on about how it should be on the employee to get the best deal for them (i.e. no state intervention) and then they try and get the best deal and somehow its all their fault

    - Restoring British waters to British fishermen will revive our fishing towns which EU membership decimated.
    - Leaving the CAP will allow us to import cheaper food and drink from the Commonwealth instead of supporting French farmers.
    - No more Freedom of Movement will mean wages in the north can begin to rise due to a lack of Poles/Bulgarians suppressing wages.
    -give me an example of a town that was a) killed by the CFP and b) is going to be revived by fish
    -this is a stupid assumption. i dont understand why you think commonwealth countries are going to be lining up to give us a good deal, particularly when countries like canada are already holding off so they themselves get a better deal than they already have. this also completely ignores our food exports - cheaper food is useless if people cant afford it in the first place. also worth noting that we already have some of the cheapest food in "the west" as it is
    -do you have any evidence wages are being suppressed, or is this just another baseless claim?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO