HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cameron446:

Latest Awards:

Post Does school detention do any good in school?

Detention is a consequence that schools may use to address inappropriate student behaviour. Detentions can be applied during school hours or out-of-school hours. Principals make a decision about what happens in their school in consultation with their school community. Detention is a disciplinary consequence that principals and teachers may use as an alternative to suspension or exclusion. Principals have the flexibility and autonomy to apply detention as a meaningful consequence for inappropriate student behaviour.

What's your opinion on this?

Debate now open
    Last edited by cameron446:; 31-08-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Like Triz Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If anything, detention is more of a hinderance on the teachers time than the pupils!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I got detention multiple times, but I never went to any of them... After my last class I just went home, and there seemed to be no consequences on not even showing up. I didn't get detention for anything seriously bad, just messing around in class, so maybe they always just let it slide with me, unlike if I actually did something really bad.

But I suppose either way, if you're gonna dish out a punishment then you need to follow through with it, or at what point/line does a student need to cross before you start to follow through with punishments and even get the parents involved, as to my knowledge, my parents never knew about my detentions I got.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    I got detention multiple times, but I never went to any of them... After my last class I just went home, and there seemed to be no consequences on not even showing up. I didn't get detention for anything seriously bad, just messing around in class, so maybe they always just let it slide with me, unlike if I actually did something really bad.

But I suppose either way, if you're gonna dish out a punishment then you need to follow through with it, or at what point/line does a student need to cross before you start to follow through with punishments and even get the parents involved, as to my knowledge, my parents never knew about my detentions I got.
    Thats exactly what it all comes down to, follow through with the punishment. Also having the same blanket approach across the whole school helps!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Got a 1 hour detention for being late to first class. They were literally just shutting the gates as I got there, and could see my classmates not even in class yet.

Pretty counterproductive and most of the time doesn't achieve much beyond wasting everybody's time.

Tokens
    Habbo
    !:random!:!

Latest Awards:

I used to get detention on purpose when I was in year 9 at school just to look 'cool'. So I don't think it really works, the system my school had was if you miss the 30mins DT then you had to have a hour one and if you missed that you had SLT which basically meant you spent a whole day of school in a room on your own and wasn't allowed out for break time and you'd only be given a sandwich for lunch. Again for me it didn't bother me at all from september to the January i racked up 17 DTs and 1 SLT. I never got a detention again after that January but thats because i met a new group of friends.

!:random!:! / Becky
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/bonkers_becky