HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the women being the ages they are, just the fact he doesn't seem to want to date under 25 even as he gets older. Pattern.
    Does preference ever actually change though?

When you start to develop and mature you start to look at people sexually, and that often starts in our teens, and has fully developed by the time we leave school. So for years we're attracted to people our age.. like 16-25 year olds, but is that just because we're currently that age as well?

For example I can't say I've ever said to someone that a 40-50 year old was drop dead gorgeous, there are attractive 40-50 year olds, but I think I say it "for their age..." type of thing, I would never pursue anyone that age because for me, I'm not sexually attracted to them, but it begs the question, what about in 20 years when I'm also their age? Will I be then? or would it just be a case of me taking personality over looks purely because not many women under 25 want to date a 40-50 year old man unless they're Leonardo DiCaprio apparently lol.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Sorry, late to the party here but I'll chuck my thoughts in

I'm not a huge fan of particularly big age gaps. I agree the gap matters less as both people get older but I still think it's a bit weird when there's a reallyyyy big diff in age. idk I try not to be too judgemental and wouldn't challenge a couple who are in that situation but I'm not a fan

I think it's mainly bc there are big differences in the stages people are in in their lives. The older you get, the less variation there is and the more chance you've had to mature so I guess it matters less but even so, the difference in attitude and "position in life" (for lack of a better term) between a 38 year old and a 55 year old is likely to be quite different and I just don't think that will work most of the time?? A 38 year old might still be looking to start a family (and if they're a woman they're likely to be quite stressed because society SUCKS ugh patriarchy) by that point whereas a 55 year old probably (I say probably not definitely yeah) isn't so likely to be looking for this. A 38 yo would've been born in 1981 whereas a 55 yo would've been born in 1964 and I think you'd be foolish to try and completely ignore that difference or say that it makes no difference at all.

And then the reason the gap is so much more prominent when you're younger is because life changes so much more quickly, like an 18 year old and a 22 year old, that's the difference between just heading off to uni and having finished your undergrad and trying to start a real serious career. Or maybe it's the difference between dicking round in Bali on a gap year and having been in an accounting job for four years already. I think that's obvious that you'll be in very different positions when I look at it like that.

BUT, saying that, there are always exceptions to the rule. I probs wouldn't even call it a rule tbh because it's certainly not steadfast, I'd say it's just more of a general trend. There are always people who mature faster or slower in life and sometimes being at different points in life actually doesn't matter. Sometimes it's a really good thing tbh. But as the question being asked in the thread is whether or not age is an important factor, I'd say anyone would be foolish not to acknowledge it even if they decide it's ok anyway.

I'l use @buttons; as an example really, saying she was concerned about the difference in age but then realising that actually it's fine. That's cool. I just think anyone would be daft to completely ignore it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LucyFaye

Latest Awards:

I think as long as both parties are completely mature and developed adults (Around 21 when the brain finishes developing) then there shouldn't be a problem!

For example:
    25 and 55 is creepy and slightly suspicious but it's their business!
    15 and 45 is paedophilia.

But even though technically legal, 16 and 46, or hell even 16 and 36 just seems wrong!
    The 16 year old is still a child/teenager and hasn't finished developing mentally or physically yet. These years are really important to their development.

But as long as it's two adults and they're consenting, I don't think it's anyone else's business!

In my eyes, it's perfectly normal up to 10 years.
    A bigger gap than that is a little strange but again, nobody's business but theirs!

MANNERS COST NOTHING!

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
    Be kind, always!

Like Triz Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Todd

Latest Awards:

Dpending if its Age appropriate like legal wise & their in love i think age wouldnt have an issue at all

Tokens
    Habbo
    JeffDunham-1

Latest Awards:

I joined habbo back in 2012 when I was 14-15 somewhere along there, and now I am 22. I don't play to make a ton of friends but I play cause I get bored. I believe if you play past 24-25 then it's time to retire the account but other than that I think it's acceptable for those of my age to play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12