Christmas cards!
Send a card to someone special this festive season with our Christmas card generator! You can even send it anonymously... *wink*
Habboxmas is here!
Santa needs your help with his shopping list! Take part in our Christmas event - coming soon! You could win up to 250c...!
Forum Christmas shop now open!
Get a sparkly username, add a cute Christmas icon (Santa hat hello??) and more... check out our festive forum shop!

Likes Likes:  0
    Jarkie is offline Forum Mod
    Comps Staff
    Senior Help Desk Staff

Tokens
    View Awards

Default Volunteering / Charity Work

Hellooooo alll!!

As it is the seasion to be giving - there are a few charites out there that focus solely on the homeless, children in poverty etc

Likewise - there are places that allow you to volunteer in places like soup kitchens.

My question for you is have you done something like this before or are you going to be giving up your time to help those in need.

For me - if I am not working christmas, I tend to volunteer at my local soup kitchen and feed people up that come in, some of the best convos I have had is from doing this type of volunteer work.

YellowBelli is offline Competitions Staff
    Articles Writer
    Senior Help Desk Staff
    Tokens
    View Awards

I am shamed to say I don't do much charity work at all. I should start. Good on you for doing yours ♥️

Tokens
    View Awards

I work for a charity currently and worked for one before that too. You know those annoying people who stop you and ask you to sign a petition? That's one of my favourite parts of my job even though it isn't a requirement. Get to meet so many different people and yeah there is abuse occasionally but generally find it quite fun. Volunteers are such an important and integral part to the charity I work in, I have respect for people who go out and volunteer simply because they want to and not because they've been forced by the job centre or a work placement.

I also support Ataxia UK charity through donating every month cause it has personal meaning to me.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    View Awards

I've volunteered during the Holidays for events. I find in my local area people abuse the programs dedicated for real at risk youth. So I can't stand to see it so I don't volunteer for Christmas dedicated events. Example for these events: Toys / Bags Filled with essentials for Youth at risk of being homeless/Foster care, Annual Breakfasts. I have volunteered for the local parade for Christmas lights. I stopped three years ago because I was assigned the worst job which was standing in the cold while the VIP Sponsors sat in a heated room with food.

On a brighter note, I do volunteer for an At-risk youth program 6 months so I feel more connected with these kids than volunteering once.

Want to Suppo