HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default New Immigration system revealed

Britain's new post-2020 Australian-style points-based immigration system revealed

Britain's new immigration system will be points-based, like Australia, and will treat every country equally

https://news.sky.com/story/new-immig...-work-11937683

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Migrants from the EU will have to speak English and have a job offer under sweeping reforms to end Britain's reliance on cheap European labour. The measures are part of the biggest shake-up to border rules since this country joined the Common Market in 1973.

Low-skilled immigration will be made virtually impossible under a points-based system as free movement rights are consigned to history.

Instead, EU migrants' chances of getting a work visa will be the same as for applicants from elsewhere. They will need at least 70 points to work in Britain, with points awarded for speaking English, if the job earns a salary above £25,600 and if it is at a certain skill level.

Highly skilled workers – such as scientists – will be able to come without a job offer as the Government re-aligns the immigration system to the 'brightest and the best'. But there will be no general visas for low-skilled migrants.
    70 points needed to work in Britain -

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Last night, Home Secretary Priti Patel said she had listened to the 'clear message' from the 2016 Brexit referendum and the 2019 General Election that the public wanted 'a reduction in low-skilled immigration'.

'Today we set out our historic blueprint for taking back control of our borders,' she said. 'It is the biggest shake-up of our immigration system in a generation and is what the public rightly demand.'

Home Office officials warned that businesses would have to wean themselves off cheap labour from the Continent. Instead, employers will be encouraged to recruit from Britain's pool of 1.3million unemployed, or pay higher wages to ensure they retain existing staff.

Tightened immigration laws for the United Kingdom in the wake of Brexit could be a jobs boon for Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders as the new guidelines will favour native English speakers and skilled migrants.

Elizabeth Ames, from the Britain-Australia Society, welcomed the move as good news for Australians looking to work in Britain.

'By creating a level playing field for all applicants worldwide, it ensures that talented Australians will be able to come and contribute to the United Kingdom,' Miss Ames told WA Today.
    Great news. It was always absurd that a Polish plumber, who we did not need, could come in without any limits but an Indian Doctor who we do need had to jump through hoops to come here. When immigration is sensibly controlled, most people do not see it as an issue.

It was always about common sense.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-02-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

first of all, theres a shortage of plumbers, electricians and other "similar" roles (not sure how to properly group them by you get the idea)
    second, you ignore the ~6% eu nationals in healthcare jobs atm - if they leave how will that gap be filled?
    thirdly the gov. never had to make doctors outside the eu jump through hoops to begin with, you assume its one or the other (and this still means theyre jumping through hoops!)

another issue you will find with what youve bolded is that scientists didnt bloody want brexit and were better off in the eu

you really need to stop reading the daily mail holy shit

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I think I like the look of this system, much better.. I've been saying for years we need to adopt the system Aus has.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    first of all, theres a shortage of plumbers, electricians and other "similar" roles (not sure how to properly group them by you get the idea)
    second, you ignore the ~6% eu nationals in healthcare jobs atm - if they leave how will that gap be filled?
    Start training British youngsters instead of importing people to do it.

Businesses are now going to have to actually take the time and investment and train people up, instead of advertising jobs over in Bucharest.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    thirdly the gov. never had to make doctors outside the eu jump through hoops to begin with, you assume its one or the other (and this still means theyre jumping through hoops!)

another issue you will find with what youve bolded is that scientists didnt bloody want brexit and were better off in the eu

you really need to stop reading the daily mail holy shit
    Not so. If we can handle say 400,000 net a year, then now we can make sure the bulk of that is skilled professionals. Under the previous system, we could have had 400,000 a year unskilled coming in... with any skilled IN ADDITION to that number. Unsustainable.

Why should a Lithuanian be able to stroll into this country without any requirements, while a South African has to meet requirements?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-02-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nic01e

Latest Awards:

I have a love/hate relationship, the free movement has allowed big companies for years get away with paying people a poor wage using EU workers for basically slave labour. Costa coffee for example, hires high levels of EU workers but they given poor wages, zero hour contracts and no set shift patterns. They exploit the workers and the quality of life for them is sub-par and this will have to make these companies think less about the big bonuses in their pockets and providing more reliable and better quality working environment for their employees.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I have to add, as much as I have always advocated tightening up immigration - in some regards I am very pro-liberalisation.

For example, language/short term visa for language/culture experience I would free up. I think it is great that people want to come to live in Britain for a few months and experience our culture and improve their language skills. I have students who do this. I'm all for it. In addition, I am completely in favour of foreign students of high school or university age coming and studying in Britain. All of this increases Britain's global reach. I love the fact our university cities like Liverpool are full of Chinese and Saudi students. I love the fact that Indians choose to invest in Britain.

But it has to be BALANCED as most countries around the world manage when in control of their own immigration regimes.