HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

You're blaming the victims for being online and said that it's a non-issue, therefore you clearly think people being racist isn't a problem and it's all fine and dandy. Surely I'm mistaken though, you can't seriously think that people calling for lynch mobs and blaming an entire race for a misskick is reasonable behaviour right?
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    You're blaming the victims for being online and said that it's a non-issue, therefore you clearly think people being racist isn't a problem and it's all fine and dandy. Surely I'm mistaken though, you can't seriously think that people calling for lynch mobs and blaming an entire race for a misskick is reasonable behaviour right?
    Again, I have said nothing of the sort. What you're trying to do is turn it into as though I am supporting the comments. I said that online abuse targeting people's characteristics is a part of life and will always be with us so there's no point getting our knickers in a national twist over it. Now is that true or false?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Yes Dan exactly, people pick on all kinds of physical attributes and it's all vile and disgusting and none of it should be acceptable or victims told to "put up with it or log off". Let's not condone bullying or nasty comments for ANY reason. I don't think anyone is shocked or surprised that such comments exist, but that doesn't make it OK and the people making the comments should be punished as per the terms of service of the platform.

It's not PART OF LIFE to put up with abuse online, abusers should be punished, banned, muted, blocked.

There was racist comments on the mural of Rashford IRL maybe people shouldn't go out to avoid that?? What about gay people in the street being spat on??? Yes all minorities should sit inside all the time not speaking to anyone and not ever go online. Ridiculous!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

You ARE supporting the comments, you're saying it's down to the victims to (somehow) avoid being targeted rather than being down to racists to not be racist. It's very weird and very damaging to just be all "oh well nothing can be done" in the face of entirely avoidable abuse
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

So if I went around the streets punching random people for a whole month, Dan would tell everyone to stay indoors otherwise they should shut up and take it because it "should be expected" after me doing it for a month? If we all followed Dan's advice and everyone just carried on as normal in history and didn't speak out or take action about anything, we'd still have slave labour, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, segregation in public, the list goes on.

I'm sure all the players are used to this disgusting behaviour because unfortunately horrible people do this week in, week out. The fact it's being made so public is to educate people that it's not right and they won't stand for it. Silently deleting an account doesn't do anything, speaking out raises awareness, creates these discussions and allows for change. Next time a racist feels like posting on social media, they'll think again about potentially losing their job and perhaps they'll keep it to themselves. That's the point of this.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Yes Dan exactly, people pick on all kinds of physical attributes and it's all vile and disgusting and none of it should be acceptable or victims told to "put up with it or log off". Let's not condone bullying or nasty comments for ANY reason. I don't think anyone is shocked or surprised that such comments exist, but that doesn't make it OK and the people making the comments should be punished as per the terms of service of the platform.

It's not PART OF LIFE to put up with abuse online, abusers should be punished, banned, muted, blocked.

There was racist comments on the mural of Rashford IRL maybe people shouldn't go out to avoid that?? What about gay people in the street being spat on??? Yes all minorities should sit inside all the time not speaking to anyone and not ever go online. Ridiculous!
    I agree with your solution of blocking. So what's the big issue? Everyone has a mute/block button on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter.

And there was no racist graffiti at the Rashford mural, as the Police themselves have said.

https://news.sky.com/story/marcus-ra...e-say-12356971

You ARE supporting the comments, you're saying it's down to the victims to (somehow) avoid being targeted rather than being down to racists to not be racist. It's very weird and very damaging to just be all "oh well nothing can be done" in the face of entirely avoidable abuse
    Conflating me saying nasty comments are an inevitable part of real life with supporting the comments is just you trying to go for me rather than what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by RichBoiSam View Post
    So if I went around the streets punching random people for a whole month, Dan would tell everyone to stay indoors otherwise they should shut up and take it because it "should be expected" after me doing it for a month? If we all followed Dan's advice and everyone just carried on as normal in history and didn't speak out or take action about anything, we'd still have slave labour, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, segregation in public, the list goes on.

I'm sure all the players are used to this disgusting behaviour because unfortunately horrible people do this week in, week out. The fact it's being made so public is to educate people that it's not right and they won't stand for it. Silently deleting an account doesn't do anything, speaking out raises awareness, creates these discussions and allows for change. Next time a racist feels like posting on social media, they'll think again about potentially losing their job and perhaps they'll keep it to themselves. That's the point of this.
    Nasty comments are very different from the abolition of slavery and women getting the vote.

Do you honestly believe you can build a utopia where nobody is ever nasty or mean to someone else ever again?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-07-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It speaks volumes that you think racist attacks are just "nasty comments", it's shocking that you pretend to know the real world when you know absolutely nothing about anything other than how to be contrary for contrariness' sake
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

It speaks volumes that you think racist attacks are just "nasty comments", it's shocking that you pretend to know the real world when you know absolutely nothing about anything other than how to be contrary for contrariness' sake
    I had racist jibes/comments made to me as a teenager in school and even had some in my old job working in a hotel bar.

The P word, N-nose, go back to where you came from etc.

Other people in school had much worse, non-racial stuff directed at them. Have you never been insulted or something?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-07-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Ahhh of course, the old "it doesn't affect me badly so it's not a problem". It's great that you're not personally upset by these things happening to you but unchecked race hate is something that so so often escalates to physical violence that it absolutely needs to be stamped out at its root where possible, including not making people who make these comments feel like it's ok to do so free from consequence
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

I was called names and bullied in college and I ended up feeling very suicidal and even came close to taking my own life. But Dan was able to handle it so it's no big deal.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast