HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Cabinet resignations

Cabinet resignations

High-level resignations from the Johnson cabinet rock British politics

I've been critical of the PM but it seems Tory MPs and now Cabinet Ministers have taken leave of their senses.

If we were facing an election in 6 months time and there was an enormous gulf in the polls between the PM and the Leader of the Opposition, I could understand the panic. But we're mid-term through a government, with between a 4 and 9 point divide in the polls, and the party is about to throw the man overboard who gained the biggest majority for the Tories since Baroness Thatcher.

Despite being a party member, a part of me wants them to install some dripping wet liberal Tory like Jeremy Hunt (David Cameron v2) just to see them smashed to pieces at the next General Election.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

A great JAWS meme for those who get it.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Good stuff. Even if it is over for the PM to hang on, if I were him I would impose maximum damage on the party and have them drag me out of Number 10.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

I think this might be behind a paywall but I've been following the times coverage of this in their live thread and it's been very amusing:

More than 30 government ministers or aides quit, multiple Conservative Party lawmakers urged Mr. Johnson to resign, and he got a withering reception in Parliament, where backbenchers jeered, “Bye, Boris!” as he left by a side door after a merciless grilling over his handling of the party’s latest sex-and-bullying scandal.
    It will be sort of entertaining to see if he manages to hold on and regain popularity and trust in the polls.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

The fact you and whoever else continues to support this lying cheat of a worm man after all of this really just speaks volume of your character
    Like Seatherny Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    The fact you and whoever else continues to support this lying cheat of a worm man after all of this really just speaks volume of your character
    When he first became Prime Minister I didn't think he would last a single year. I don't live there so there's a lot I don't know, but I'm also surprised he lasted through all the scandals during COVID. To be fair though there's also a handful of American politicians who had COVID related scandals and survived recall votes and won re-elections.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Agreed. The reason Boris won is: a) Corbyn is an idiot. b) British public are simply stupid/gullible

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

To be blunt, it matters to me not what people such as yourself think in regards to the leadership of the Conservative and Unionist Party. You'll never entertain the possibility of voting for the Conservatives, or our agenda - from border controls to national sovereignty, to grammar schools and defence - so your personal judgements on my character don't matter. What matters to me in regards to the Tory leadership is who will deliver for the vast mass of the public who are conservative-minded and who want a conservative government if the party adopts a common sense and common ground agenda.

The reason I continue to back the Prime Minister despite being a fierce critic of him over the last two years while people such as yourself were kissing his ass asking to be locked down harder, is because despite his failings he is the best candidate for the job when faced with his internal party opponents. The Tory Party threw away 6 years in government with the useless and unConservative David Cameron, and wasted another 3 years when Lady May dithered and tried to hand the European Union everything on a plate. The Johnson Ministry from a conservative voter perspective (which is what I am) has at least delivered some good policies which need to be seen through; the end of the FTPA, the Rwanda policy, defence policy with UKAUS, the signing of FTAs, a fightback against woke culture, abolishing the HRA and the Brexit deal.

The replacement of Johnson with a dripping wet liberal-in-disguise like Jeremy Hunt or Sajid Javid will mean a return to the type of Tory Party that only cares about cutting taxes by a few percentage points, and cares nothing about the constant attack on British values by the far-left. And if that is what happens, I think it will be time for Mr Farage to make a return.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 07-07-2022 at 12:17 AM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Seatherny View Post
    Agreed. The reason Boris won is: a) Corbyn is an idiot. b) British public are simply stupid/gullible
    Still calling the public stupid I see. You share much of the same contempt for the voters many in our political class do.