HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Government caps domestic energy bills at £2,500 for 2 years as fracking ban is lifted

Ban on fracking lifted as government caps domestic energy bills at £2,500 for 2 years

North Sea gas and oil applications also to be fast-tracked to get domestic energy production up

The economic mess we're in is because of the lockdowns and the Russia/Ukraine situation and our long-term energy policy.

And yet again I called it right. I said on these forums that the lockdowns were a disaster and would cost a fortune, hence inflation now running at 10%+ after central banks printed money like crazy while the economy was shut down, and I have argued for years that our insane green energy policy is putting our energy security at risk by closing down gas production, banning fracking and wasting obscene amounts of money on wind power which doesn't work.

I'm supposed to say I hate to say I told ya so but F it, I'm glad to say I told you so.

Although these measures are in response to the grim economic reality, and quite frankly are trying to patch up something that has already happened, at least we now have some common sense seeping into government over policy make-believe and policies that are compatible with reality. I'm most happy about the ban on fracking being lifted, as large areas of Britain are sitting on top of a literal energy goldmine that is just waiting to be exploited - as America and Canada have done with their tar sands and fracking deposits.

Get fracking wherever possible, get those North Sea rigs out there and pumping and get building a new generation of nuclear power plants asap!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    The economic mess we're in is because of the lockdowns and the Russia/Ukraine situation and our long-term energy policy.

And yet again I called it right.
    This is entirely untrue, it's because the companies have been allowed free reign to call the prices as they like. If it were ANY other reason it would be the exact same rise worldwide, which is not the case. We don't rely on Russian gas, we had far weaker lockdown restrictions than a lot of Europe, and we still have the highest hikes in prices by a long long way. The sheer arrogance of saying you're "yet again" right is astounding, especially when it's so easy to prove your weird statements wrong every time
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    This is entirely untrue, it's because the companies have been allowed free reign to call the prices as they like. If it were ANY other reason it would be the exact same rise worldwide, which is not the case.
    The price rise is nothing to do with companies profits and is because of wholesale prices. The idea that if you cap any profits being made by companies (they are already taxed at 65%) then prices are cheap is a lazy lie spewed by the likes of economics illiterates like Jeremy Corbyn. Wholesale gas prices around the world have risen: https://autotraveler.ru/en/spravka/f...l#.Yx17gXZBy3A

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus
    We don't rely on Russian gas
    It doesn't matter where the gas comes from, the situation in Russia affects the wholesale price of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus
    we had far weaker lockdown restrictions than a lot of Europe, and we still have the highest hikes in prices by a long long way. The sheer arrogance of saying you're "yet again" right is astounding, especially when it's so easy to prove your weird statements wrong every time
    It doesn't matter that we had a weaker lockdown, this is an international issue. Gas and oil rigs were brought in from the North Sea during the lockdown as it was uneconomical to have them out there running, and now combined with the situation in Russia we've created a bottleneck in supply. I also note you've said nothing concerning inflation, which was caused directly by lockdowns when central banks printed sums of money in the hundreds of billions in order to bail out the economy. I said it would result in economic catastrophe as well as thousands of cancer/heart deaths, and you really thought you could close society down for months to avoid a cold and nothing would come of it. How naive can you be?

If I were you I'd still be wearing my silly useless mask purely to hide the embarrassment of calling it so wrong.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-09-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Please please please please please stop lying. That's all you're doing; it's not a difference of opinion, it's lies.

"Nothing to do with company profits" while they make record profits through the roof and keep going.
    "It doesn't matter where the gas comes from" while talking about the supply of gas.
    "It doesn't matter that we had a weaker lockdown" while ignoring the point that our prices are several times higher than the rest of Europe.

And no, I didn't mention inflation and cancer because they weren't the topic, stop Gish Galloping as usual. It's very very clear that you've not actually looked at any real numbers whatsoever.

The most hilariously wrong part is that the one single time you tried using actual proof, this is what you came up with:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    THIS IS GASOLINE. THAT'S NOT GAS. IT'S PETROL, LIKE THE BOTTOM OF THE PICTURE SAYS. Absolutely hilarious. Stop spewing dangerous nonsense rhetoric please.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Here are the actual changes in price for energy lately for anyone who's interested in facts

"It goes up elsewhere too" does not even begin to cover the astronomical greed that the companies operating here are allowed to run with. Goes enormously beyond both inflation and the global situation.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +