HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Madmanthegamer

Default Why does it feel like Games are not good anymore?

Why do I feel like this generation that we're growing up into does not care about creativity/story lines/multiplayer, etc. I just feel most of these games they are pushing out around 2020-2023 have just gone to crap, and I cannot seem to find a stable game to play anymore that really interest's me.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I'm sure they're out there but when a game costs ?50+ each time I don't think a lot of people can afford to buy a load just to try out! A lot of modern games are based around getting achievements and badges because there's a huge market for people with shorter attention spans and also it allows for DLCs and pay-to-win content on everything, which does then impact on how decent the story and initial gameplay is.

When I actually have time for games I tend to go back to old favourites and replay them (FF8, FFX, Age of Empires lol) rather than try new ones
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Madmanthegamer

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I'm sure they're out there but when a game costs ?50+ each time I don't think a lot of people can afford to buy a load just to try out! A lot of modern games are based around getting achievements and badges because there's a huge market for people with shorter attention spans and also it allows for DLCs and pay-to-win content on everything, which does then impact on how decent the story and initial gameplay is.

When I actually have time for games I tend to go back to old favorites and replay them (FF8, FFX, Age of Empires lol) rather than try new ones
    AOE such a great game, and really do miss the old times I still play it also time to time. I was a huge fan of the story line in Halo back then, and I don't believe there is a game that has attracted me to the story line as much as Halo ever did. Gears of war was also a really good one when it came to multiplayer/story.

Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Derpec View Post
    Why do I feel like this generation that we're growing up into does not care about creativity/story lines/multiplayer, etc. I just feel most of these games they are pushing out around 2020-2023 have just gone to crap, and I cannot seem to find a stable game to play anymore that really interest's me.

Hmmm people are either for there for a quick or cheap game, or they can't appreciate game art that well, so maybe lesser developers take any chance to do a really good game that's both hyped for and does well when launched. I feel like the games now are just floating by, as in they are still active but they only push out DLCs, packs, limited edition stuff for anniversaries and holiday seasons - like GTA and Dead By Daylight. Or they continue growing by more story writing & character launches but it's hard unless you have a cult following - e.g. Genshin Impact & Honkai Star Rail (and maybe even Phasmophobia). Hogwarts Legacy seem to be doing fine (ish).

Most of the games now, if they aren't open world or co-op, they die down real quick, no offence to anyone first, but games that are just hyped up for that moment or movie memorabilia are quite dead after a few months of launch, like Alien, or maybe a reboot from the past like Halo. The experience is just not enough.

I'm excited for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, looks interesting for an open world game, hope it's good!