HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Two-thirds of Britons support the death penalty for child killer Lisa Letby

Two-thirds of Britons support the death penalty for child killer Lisa Letby

Polling finds a majority in support for various kinds of death penalty

I have always said if I could hold a referendum on any topic, it would be on the restoration of the death penalty. Because it'd win hands down.

There was never any public demand in Britain to abolish the death penalty for murder, it was done in Parliament by both major parties who promised at the time that "Life would mean life" yet as we have seen time after time, life doesn't mean life. A total con trick pulled on us by the political class who are safe from crime in west London.

I'm in the 49% where I would have it for all murderers, as well as serial rapists and child pedos. Have 'em swing.

In what cases would you support the death penalty for?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@dbgtz;

Ah yes the old civility argument, used by the liberal establishment.

The same 'civility' of the non-death penalty system that saw poor Winnie Johnson, mother of the murdered boy Keith Bennett, taunted by Ian Brady for decades as she searched in vain for his final resting place to be discovered. We could've had Brady swing back in the late 1960s and had some closure, instead he got to spend his days at taxpayers expense in an asylum lodging appeals while his victims families were forced to endure five decades of taunts and the always distant prospect that he could one day be released. A lifetime of torture for the innocent victims.

It's also worth noting nowadays how attacks in prison on murderers, rapists and pedos - such as the recent one on Ian Watkins where he was slashed on the neck - are now cheered on by the public in the hope that some justice will actually be done by fellow criminals where the injustice system has failed to do so. I find myself cheering these slashings/attempted murders on, although I would much prefer death be handled with proper appeals and a quick drop from a rope.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 28-08-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

nothing you said addresses anything in the video

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    nothing you said addresses anything in the video
    The guilt of Lucy Letby and Ian Brady is beyond all doubt so I have no idea what Hislop says on miscarriages of justice has to do with it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I don't understand how you can be this dense

if you open up the death penalty then people who have been convincted who aren't actually guilty will die
    Last edited by dbgtz; 30-08-2023 at 06:51 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I don't understand how you can be this dense

if you open up the death penalty then people who have been convincted who aren't actually guilty will die
    If you don't have the death penalty then killers/rapists and pedophiles who are guilty are released and then go on to do the same again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

Why are you so blaise about your system which alows the most dangerous back out into society?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Majority of British people are also gullible and believed Boris when he said leaving EU would mean ?350m a week for NHS. You get wrongly convicted of a crime which carries a death penalty and let's see how you feel. I am telling you, you would be screaming at those who want it. Besides, a life long jail term is a better punishment than ending their life. In jail, they will suffer, regret and hopefully realise their mistake.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    If you don't have the death penalty then killers/rapists and pedophiles who are guilty are released and then go on to do the same again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

Why are you so blaise about your system which alows the most dangerous back out into society?

you realise you basically just said it's fine for the state to kill innocent people?

anyway why campaign for the death penalty instead of just simply not letting these people out in the first place...

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Seatherny View Post
    Majority of British people are also gullible and believed Boris when he said leaving EU would mean ?350m a week for NHS.
    I cannot possibly imagine being so broken over an electoral result 7 years after it took place. You have my deepest sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatherny
    You get wrongly convicted of a crime which carries a death penalty and let's see how you feel. I am telling you, you would be screaming at those who want it. Besides, a life long jail term is a better punishment than ending their life. In jail, they will suffer, regret and hopefully realise their mistake.
    Well my entire point is that often they don't get life. When the politicians who abolished it said life means life, they lied.

you realise you basically just said it's fine for the state to kill innocent people?

anyway why campaign for the death penalty instead of just simply not letting these people out in the first place...
    Any state will at times kill innocent people be it through Police brutality, the armed forces or other remote possibilities. We don't scrap the army because of it.

And because I want them dead and in the ground. I just gave you the example of the life sentence that Winnie Johnson had to endure with Brady's taunts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast