hey its a long shot but for the second time Habbo have taken my account away from issue started around last time i stopped playing i got trade locked for another Habbo that i didn't know or had any access to they wanted payment methods of another Habbo i told them i could provide payments for my Habbo not this other account had no clue what was going on but they kept just spamming me with the same response to get the trade lock off i needed proof of purchase for an account i don't own anyway at the time moved country working abroad wasn't gaming much anyway and there responses wasn't helpful

Fast forward i tried to log in recently my account is fully banned i haven't logged in really since they trade locked the account keep going back and forth with the customer service and they just send the same automated response i cannot appeal a ban after 6 months but i was never banned anyway if anyone can help i have a post with all the information on the reddit Habbo page even with proof of emails from customer support saying I'm not banned the account is still banned makes no sense hope this is allowed but just to gain more views and hope someone in customer support has some common sense.

Only came back because i seen the nft project and was interested but not spending a penny with them when they do this all the time i wouldn't mind but the whole problems started with something that wasn't even connected to my account anyway hopefully this allowed