Tata Steel to close Port Talbot plant with loss of 2,800 jobs

Tata Steel Ltd is to close the blast furnaces in Wales, signifying the end of British steel making

I feel like screaming.

Of course it won't only be 2,800 jobs lost but tens of thousands in the local area with knock-on effect.

Our political class, who are as thick as pig sh...., has brought this about with Net Zero and climate change legislation. It is impossible to produce steel without cheap forms of energy, namely coal/gas/oil. So as Aaron Banks has said, that means jobs here now gone and the death of an industry we once led the world is, only to go and import steel from China and India which (rightly) continue to burn coal/gas/oil like there is no tomorrow.

A similar thing happened when they converted the Drax plant in Yorkshire under the guise of global warming, from burning British coal to burning IMPORTED wood chips from the vast forests of North America. Words fail me to describe the contempt I hold the likes of Stephen Kinnock MP and all of our political class in. Two- faced thickos and liars.

But at the end of the day, we keep voting for them don't we? Politicians only ever understand one thing.