Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Over half a million Macs infected

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

lol was only ever a matter of time tbh, the only reason Macs don't usually get infected is because no-one bothers writing malware for them since the aim is to infect as many as possible
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

haha thats why you dont get a mac. windows ftw

Tokens

Latest Awards:

at least it's rectified now with the software update, but not really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShore View Post
    haha thats why you dont get a mac. windows ftw
    that's legit one of the most stupid things i've read this past week.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post
    at least it's rectified now with the software update, but not really surprised.

that's legit one of the most stupid things i've read this past week.
    I wouldn't call it stupid. I saw this on my phone today on my break at work and had a silent chuckle. I feel Macs could be more dangerous because at least users on Windows, or the majority of them at least, know the actual risks with viruses. While on the other hand, as Macs have seemed to be marketed as unbreakable, a lot of its users will have been lured into a false sense of security and this will be a big shock to them.

As people are saying - Mac's only have less viruses because their isn't a big enough user base - virus developers can make a lot more money scamming Windows users over Mac users. I know people think Mac's are more secure, I wouldn't have a clue to be honest but it shows that nothing these days can be perfect. I also heard that Mac's are often the first to be hacked at this hacker event things.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    I wouldn't call it stupid. I saw this on my phone today on my break at work and had a silent chuckle. I feel Macs could be more dangerous because at least users on Windows, or the majority of them at least, know the actual risks with viruses. While on the other hand, as Macs have seemed to be marketed as unbreakable, a lot of its users will have been lured into a false sense of security and this will be a big shock to them.

As people are saying - Mac's only have less viruses because their isn't a big enough user base - virus developers can make a lot more money scamming Windows users over Mac users. I know people think Mac's are more secure, I wouldn't have a clue to be honest but it shows that nothing these days can be perfect. I also heard that Mac's are often the first to be hacked at this hacker event things.
    i called it that because saying "that's why you don't get a mac. windows ftw" is pretty stupid. windows pc/laptops (as everyone essentially knows) are the main targets when it comes to viruses, and i don't even wanna know how many of them are supposedly infected by whatever viruses are currently floating around (pretty damn sure it's more than half a million). nevertheless, i'm not saying one is better than the other as i generally don't care for comparisons, but by stating that windows are essentially better because of this is daft (which seems to be what the guys original post was insinuating). anyway, **** happens to people who aren't prepared, don't update often, don't take decent precautions nor use adequate firewalls, scanners etc., regardless of the operating system.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Both types of computer are completely safe, it's the ignorant sacks of flesh behind it them that are stupid enough to not know what they are downloading. That said, blind arrogance about how a computer system automatically makes you safe is so incredibly stupid so more fool those who thought they were safe.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Both types of computer are completely safe, it's the ignorant sacks of flesh behind it them that are stupid enough to not know what they are downloading. That said, blind arrogance about how a computer system automatically makes you safe is so incredibly stupid so more fool those who thought they were safe.
    I actually partly disagree. While most viruses are easy to spot there are rare cases - I heard of a problem at one point that could mean going to a domain like google.com could take you somewhere completely different can't remember what it was though.

I mean take browser bugs for example - you can be as secure as you want avoiding dangerous sites and avoiding clicking certain files and links but if there's a security hole in the software you are using that has yet to be identified there's a chance things could go bad.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    I heard of a problem at one point that could mean going to a domain like google.com could take you somewhere completely different can't remember what it was though.
    That's usually where the virus sets up a proxy in your internet settings which makes everything appear normal but actually running all sorts through your system and redirecting you to other insecure sites in order to spread the nastiness. It does require infection to have happened previously though, it's not something you can just pick up from Google
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pension

Latest Awards:

I'll admit... this did make me giggle a bit. Macs are supposed to be "free from infection" - and this proved them wrong.

robbie // pension.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast