HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Is Russia's President Putin someone western nations should look up to?

Is Russian's President Putin someone western nations should look up to?

In recent years, Russia has very much become a nation that is reclaiming it's historical role as a Great European power along with it's unique Christian culture and pride - in other words, a surge in Russian nationalism has come about as the economy of Russia has improved and it's post-Soviet decline has come to a halt. The first instance of this was the Georgian war, where Russian forces came to the aid of the breakaway provinces of Georgia and helped them establish independence - whilst at the same time publically humiliating western-backed Georgia.

More recently, Russia has been flexing it's energy muscles in the east of Europe by playing games with increasingly pro-western governments in the likes of Ukraine - serving essentially to protect Russian interests in it's historical sphere of influence. Even more recently have been the public determination of Russia to ignore western pressure groups regarding the law being brought in that has the overwhelming support of the Russia people: that is, outlawing the promotion of homosexuality to minors. Another example would be the confrontation of Russia regarding the desire of western nations to intervene in Syria - something Russia has warned against on the grounds of national sovereignty.

So does Russia and the rule of President Putin teach us anything? is Putin, being a strong leader and somebody who listens to the Russian people, somebody that western politicians should seek to mirror as they are increasingly being seen as out of touch and apathetic to their nations own interests on the world stage?

There are plenty of nifty prizes to be won within this forum. Positive contributions towards official debates will sometimes be rewarded with a month's VIP subscription in a colour of your choice as part of the Top Contributor award. As well as this, reputation will be awarded throughout the debate to those who make valid and constructive posts. Those who make the best contributions within a month win the Debater of the Month award and wins themselves a month's worth of forum VIP and 10 reputation points. Finally, those who create debate topics that generate a lot of buzz and engaging discussion will receive 20 reputation points.
    The debate is open to you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Putin is a great leader in a foreign-relations sense considering he knows who to help, he knows when to stick his nose in other people's business, which is something westerners, especially the USA has never been any good at. He also knows how to make a fool of the westerners which I also think is GREAT. We could use being showed up. I do agree with the fact that we shouldn't act on Syria considering it would just be hypocritical once again, as we have no real reason to show up (apart from the supposed chemical-usage).

Yes he's great in the sense that he makes Russia look powerful and independent, but I'm not sure I'd like to live in Russia, it appears to be quite a bound country in the fact if Mother Russia doesn't like it, it's against the law and you can't do it. Such as homosexuality, the rest of the world is evolving in the sense that we're accepting everyone for who they are, however Russia doesn't seem to want to accept it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Is Russian's President Putin someone western nations should look up to?

In recent years, Russia has very much become a nation that is reclaiming it's historical role as a Great European power along with it's unique Christian culture and pride - in other words, a surge in Russian nationalism has come about as the economy of Russia has improved and it's post-Soviet decline has come to a halt. The first instance of this was the Georgian war, where Russian forces came to the aid of the breakaway provinces of Georgia and helped them establish independence - whilst at the same time publically humiliating western-backed Georgia.

More recently, Russia has been flexing it's energy muscles in the east of Europe by playing games with increasingly pro-western governments in the likes of Ukraine - serving essentially to protect Russian interests in it's historical sphere of influence. Even more recently have been the public determination of Russia to ignore western pressure groups regarding the law being brought in that has the overwhelming support of the Russia people: that is, outlawing the promotion of homosexuality to minors. Another example would be the confrontation of Russia regarding the desire of western nations to intervene in Syria - something Russia has warned against on the grounds of national sovereignty.

So does Russia and the rule of President Putin teach us anything? is Putin, being a strong leader and somebody who listens to the Russian people, somebody that western politicians should seek to mirror as they are increasingly being seen as out of touch and apathetic to their nations own interests on the world stage?

The debate is open to you.
    Sorry, but this is an extremely one sided introduction. Even the questions you pose look rhetorical. This looks more like the opening speech for the pro-motion side.

While I do agree with some of Putins leadership techniques, there are many reasons why you wouldn't want him and his gangs as your leader. It's getting a bit late for me to get into details, so I'll add them in the morning.

TBC
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post
    Sorry, but this is an extremely one sided introduction. Even the questions you pose look rhetorical. This looks more like the opening speech for the pro-motion side.

While I do agree with some of Putins leadership techniques, there are many reasons why you wouldn't want him and his gangs as your leader. It's getting a bit late for me to get into details, so I'll add them in the morning.

TBC
    The debate question is one-sided, it's supposed to be provocative. This isn't GCSE history. The point is, that Russia is on the rise in terms of global geopolitics and in terms of Russian identity - that's undeniable and everything I have listed there is a stone cold fact. The question is, is Putin's form of Russian nationalism something for western politicians to look upto or not?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 03-09-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Continuing from my last post. While i believe that putin is in some ways a good leader and has helped the russian economy, his leadership has some great flaws. Over the last few years we've seen huge suppresion of his political opponents. People are afraid to truly speak out, due to harsh consequences. The press freedom in Russia is also very limited, what Putin doesn't control is often silenced .

The Putin government has, in the past, intervened in regional elections to protect kremlin power and this so called '' mafia style" government has a lot of corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    The debate question is one-sided, it's supposed to be provocative. This isn't GCSE history. The point is, that Russia is on the rise in terms of global geopolitics and in terms of Russian identity - that's undeniable and everything I have listed there is a stone cold fact. The question is, is Putin's form of Russian nationalism something for western politicians to look upto or not?
    Well maybe im alone in this, but IMO a debate introduction should include points from both sides of the argument as to not influence peoples opinion. Otherwise you risk biasing the readers. On sites like habboxforum in particular you dont get a many people who know a lot about people like putin and as a result they dont have strong opinions and are much more easily influenced. Stone cold facts dont mean much when you dont get to see the counter facts. Also the statement placed in with the last question in your original post is opinion rather than fact.

Im not trying to bash you down or anything btw, im just writing down how i see things.
    Last edited by Eoin247; 03-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence