HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -Danube-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    We do give away an awful lot of reputation although nobody seems to care about reputation anymore, we even had a complaint the other day about the top model prize, which included 150 reputation points which is an insane amount and you don't see us give that much out every day

I agree about the spam being unwelcoming though, although this has always been at HabboxForum and moderation do their best efforts to prevent this.

---------- Post added 22-07-2010 at 07:01 PM ----------

Whilst I see the point in this I think it'd be pointless to hire new staff entirely, moderators are advised to post as much as they can but I could easily make them make X amount of threads per week.

Maybe don't hire them as staff? Have it as like a community role, you could get people to apply for the roles or you could approach people from each section of the forum and ask them if they want to undertake the role. You could reward them with VIP or something, but they wouldn't actually be staff, they just have a role to post thought provoking threads to get people talking and in return they get VIP. You could have different debates leader each month? I dunno how you could work it but i think this is a really decent idea to get people posting more though provoking threads, rather than just millions of threads asking for help.
    I've left. I'm back.
    ~Dan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Personally, I think the problem simply lies in the lack of members which stick around.
    I know it takes a lot of organising, but I really think there needs to be an increased number of events and things which actually happen on Habbo.

The majority of staff sit in HxHD and don't move. Yeah there's maybe a couple of events a day - but it's very rare the people actually sign up. Possibly a giveaway where you have to be signed up to the forum before you get furniture. Right now, we wait for people to come to events / HxHD to advertise the site and hope they sign up. We need to make the effort and go to them.

I would probably dedicate one day a week to promoting Habbox. I remember the "Habbox Day" a couple of months ago where there was an event each hour - DJs were all notified, events staff were advertising each others event, etc. Of course, it doesn't need to be this scale.. but we need more events like this where everyone is notified and everyone is trying their best to simply advertise.
    Last edited by Mathew; 22-07-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Danube- View Post
    Maybe don't hire them as staff? Have it as like a community role, you could get people to apply for the roles or you could approach people from each section of the forum and ask them if they want to undertake the role. You could reward them with VIP or something, but they wouldn't actually be staff, they just have a role to post thought provoking threads to get people talking and in return they get VIP. You could have different debates leader each month? I dunno how you could work it but i think this is a really decent idea to get people posting more though provoking threads, rather than just millions of threads asking for help.
    We already have Member of the Month for those who do post around regularly but I suppose that is a different concept, I just can't help thinking that we'd struggle to find people willing to do this, because surely if there were people willing to do it then they'd be posting already
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Danube-

Latest Awards:

We already have Member of the Month for those who do post around regularly but I suppose that is a different concept, I just can't help thinking that we'd struggle to find people willing to do this, because surely if there were people willing to do it then they'd be posting already
    Yeah, suppose you've got a point there. I'll try think up some more nooby ideas
    I've left. I'm back.
    ~Dan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    Since you split the forum (community +annoc) it seems more clogged up again. That was a really really stupid idea.

and Catzsy that summer reason is ********, i got told july was always the highest month for posting
    Whatever I say would be wrong as far as you are concerned. Once school is out then yes the posts will rise but until then there are lots on holiday.

On a more constructive note what about a referral comp?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Whatever I say would be wrong as far as you are concerned. Once school is out then yes the posts will rise but until then there are lots on holiday.

On a more constructive note what about a referral comp?
    I'm always reluctant with referral comps because they don't usually end up with people sticking around, just registering. It's fair enough to then add rules saying each referred person must post X amount of times, but then it becomes tricky and I think fewer people would enter, if any.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm always reluctant with referral comps because they don't usually end up with people sticking around, just registering. It's fair enough to then add rules saying each referred person must post X amount of times, but then it becomes tricky and I think fewer people would enter, if any.
    Well, would be better than nothing. Nothing to lose after all!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Well is the number of new people registering dropping or is it retention that is the problem?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Well is the number of new people registering dropping or is it retention that is the problem?
    Member retention is our main issue, although I suppose we could do with a few more registrations

Tokens
    Habbo
    HabbaJabba

Latest Awards:

The forum is getting boring tbh lol there needs to be more to do

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast