HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

and how is that going to work? are you going to do it to every member or just provide a link where they can ask for help?
    sounds as though you're treating them like children. i don't see the trouble, most people find places just fine but k.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    and how is that going to work? are you going to do it to every member or just provide a link where they can ask for help?
    sounds as though you're treating them like children. i don't see the trouble, most people find places just fine but k.
    There's going to be a forum exclusive to new members which they can post whatever they like in, and the welcome committee have access to it so can help them where needed, treat them nicely, find out things about them and direct them to different places of the forum - nothing forced, all completely optional.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

maybe you should hire people to hold their hands as well

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The problem isnt enough people joining. The problem lies with alot of people leaving as the ratio of people who join the forum compared to those who leave id guess would be around 1:2.

The cause of the problem is as the general forum population ages people leave habbo for other things and therefore have no real reason to stay on the forums as quite a large proportion of the forums are habbo based which is why people wont post as they dont play habbo any more. (maybe a forum for people who have been here for a number of years? )

what i suggest is more of a generalisation of the forum. By this i mean a few more skins could be created that are non-habbo, maybe a few more non-habbo forums and a variety in competitions that are not habbo based. Whilst there is win free v.i.p / rep comps some people see this as "pointless" because they have no major impact on forum life. Maybe win a real life cd or something (i dont know how it would work) could be an answer as they would then have something physical to win and thus make them want to take part.
    Last edited by jam666; 23-07-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    maybe you should hire people to hold their hands as well
    im up for that!

like catzsy said, theres no harm in trying

Tokens

Latest Awards:

go through the leaving section and look at peoples reason :rolleyes:
    then you will see whats the main problem

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    go through the leaving section and look at peoples reason :rolleyes:
    then you will see whats the main problem
    You called me a negative nancy yesterday! LOL The new members we attract could be 10/11 years old and they don't have to stay in the welcome forum if they don't want but it's worth a try. What is your big objection to it?

Tokens
    Habbo
    florx

Latest Awards:

I haven't read the thread so don't flame me for duplicating a suggestion however...

I use the student room sometimes, and there's a module on the home page that tells you 'Who Quoted You', I find this feature extremely hand to go back to threads that maybe are like 10 pages long, and wouldn't read again, so I wouldn't be aware that somebody has replied directly to me - this would increase my post count!

Also, the technology / web design forums don't get as much traffic as I remember 2 years ago so that's why I don't post as much - there isn't the popularity out there!

Jake.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Danube-

Latest Awards:

Bring the:

'Welcome to our new member'

Feature to the top of the forum rather at the bottom, then maybe people may click the name, and leave a message on their profile saying like "Hi welcome to HabboxForum, why not post a welcome thread here (Link to welcome forum) or maybe check out this thread?"

I think if you interact with the newer members more, it gives them more of a reason to stick around and keep coming back. One of the main issues with new members is that 1, they cannot use the forum and 2, they have no reason to come back.
    I've left. I'm back.
    ~Dan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Danube- View Post
    Bring the:

'Welcome to our new member'

Feature to the top of the forum rather at the bottom, then maybe people may click the name
    I'm not keen on shifting things around drastically on the existing skins - but for the new site skin I will definately be doing things like this. They currently get a PM from Matt (automated) with that kind of thing in it.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/