HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post

To further on this point, I am in agreement with a recent post by Niemo (I believe) that the Reputation system should be changed and adapted to actually mean something, however I would personally suggest a Reputation reset before implementing the changes (and I know that won't be popular) - Right now, from what I've seen, Reputation means more or less nothing. It's a number, which unless you get a little red mark, is completely ignored. By resetting the system, you can implement the idea that was given of, say, 250 points for 1 month Donator/VIP and extend it even further from that, so for 500 points you could get additional features within the Spam section. I would suggest, however, removing the points after they are spent. (you could even have it so for 750 points you can add sparkles to your name, similar to the God rank)

The key concept that you have to remember is that your Forum is here to have fun on, and it feels like at some point a few of you (maybe even the Administrators included) have forgotten this. It doesn't require large-scale events (Big Brother) to encourage users to post, all it takes is a better attitude from some and, in my opinion, an improvement on some systems.

Additional info: I'd also suggest removing the "Staff only" discussion board and changing it to a "Staff Annoucements" - Hidden points are pointless posts, you don't want even more niche groups.
    It's nemo, but yeah you got the idea of what i meant really. Although, i wouldnt like to see it being reset, it doesnt really mean anything atm, but a few people wouldnt like the idea of having a few years of dedication reset.

However, i agree with the rest of your points in that paragraph, and your post as a whole really.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Can I just ask without being ignore hopefully, how do we make the spam section more welcoming :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinger View Post
    Can I just ask without being ignore hopefully, how do we make the spam section more welcoming :S
    By users in spam not being rude to or ignoring newer members or members that dont post there as often
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I never see them post in there anyway :S

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    I'll throw my input here, given I've been around since February now on a near-daily basis.

I strongly disagree with the members that are claiming Moderation is over the top with your Forum. Some of the rules here are so lenient that I sometimes can't believe the stuff certain members get away with. It's been said again and again in this thread that your forum is run like a business - Let me tell you now, it's not. You have so much open discussion on every single change and its not uncommon for you to get the Administrators if this site to change their mind - In business, what the man/woman at the top says, goes. It's very rare for large businesses to change their stance on anything due to user input.
    Totally agree with all you say here.
    You don't have the ability to swear here, and that's not a negative. Going onto a website and seeing it full of vulgarity is an instant turn-off for many users and with every system that allows you to disable a profanity filter, almost always it will default to "on" when you login for the first time.
    Again I agree I do not see the necessity for it at all.

Whilst I rarely visit the spam section, when I have it feels like a very hostile place for a specific group of friends. If you threw a new member into there, it's like throwing him, or her to the lions. I won't name people here, but if you want a close knit community that's fantastic, and I'd like to think your Administrators would support that, but at the same time you shouldn't be locking out new users from worming their way in. It's been a common trend within this thread to mention that older users are leaving, and if you're not going to support the newer users into your community then unfortunately that community will eventually seize to exist.
    Older members always leave about this time of year and quite honestly most of those who say they are going to leave are back the next day. It's like a manipulation tool. Totally agree that they should not give new members a hard time even if they find them 'annoying'. No excuse for it at all.

The Forum can only be as good as the members make it, and it doesn't require 10,000 posts per day to be good, it just takes some politeness to the newer members and welcoming them into your community. You don't have to instantly be best friends, but you'd be surprised how when you're nice to somebody you can learn to like them.
    Agree again - quality is much better then quantity although the best attraction is usually 'controversy'.

You have many, many dedicated Moderators and Administrators on this site who give up masses of their time to ensure that the Forum is as good as it can possibly be, and whilst I would suggest a rule or two be changed to cater for more the more modern 13-15 year old, your Forum the majority of the time is a pleasant place to be. Heck, if people actually check you will notice that either I or another staff member of Kazopark is online at least twice per day reading through your thoughts, and not just within the Kazopark section.

If increasing the post count is what you wish to do, I would firstly suggest relaxing the rules within the Spam Forum section. I believe a member brought it up recently that you are not allowed to "advertise" websites within that section - That makes me question as to whether or not it actually is a spam section, or just a second General Discussion section. The Moderation within this section should also adapt to not touching users just because they are known for causing issues - Buttons springs to mind here, and whilst there is a limit on what I can see, I believe this is another point for relaxing on the Spam section.

Whilst Spam doesn't increase the post count of users, you have to face that it is within that section the different groups of friends are. If your wish is to let the newer users join in with these groups, the Spam section should really have an over hall entirely with the rule set.
    Well it was the spam section themselves who requested no advertising so that's what they have.
    Also no moderator would 'touch' upon another member just because they are known for causing issues - there are very strict rules on moderation. This is where your knowledge runs out a bit and in fact contradicts the statement in the first paragraph. There has never been any bar to any member posting there. Spam has always been more lenient and in fact I do think some have been the centre of attention far too much and bad behaviour has actually been rewarded to the detriment of the rest of the forum. Just because some shout the loudest doesn't give the true picture and it has to be remembered that moderators cannot really stand up for themselves in public or actually correct what is being said as it is divulging somebody's personal information. The election and BB were successful but did seem to take over the forum. The upcoming summer spectacular though is always very popular.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

[QUOTE=Catzsy;6628430]

Totally agree with all you say here.

Again I agree I do not see the necessity for it at all.

Older members always leave about this time of year and quite honestly most of those who say they are going to leave are back the next day. It's like a manipulation tool. Totally agree that they should not give new members a hard time even if they find them 'annoying'. No excuse for it at all.

Agree again - quality is much better then quantity although the best attraction is usually 'controversy'.

Well it was the spam section themselves who requested no advertising so that's what they have.
    Also no moderator would 'touch' upon another member just because they are known for causing issues - there are very strict rules on moderation. This is where your knowledge runs out a bit and in fact contradicts the statement in the first paragraph. There has never been any bar to any member posting there. Spam has always been more lenient and in fact I do think some have been the centre of attention far too much and bad behaviour has actually been rewarded to the detriment of the rest of the forum. Just because some shout the loudest doesn't give the true picture and it has to be remembered that moderators cannot really stand up for themselves in public or actually correct what is being said as it is divulging somebody's personal information. The election and BB were successful but did seem to take over the forum. The upcoming summer spectacular though is always very popular.
    I agree

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Nawh im sorry, i disagree. If we use the example of jen, what she was banned for (something very small afaik) was something she said to muct. I've heard people say A LOT worse to him and to others, and not get even a warning. So, from what i've seen, some mods to favour others. It's always going to be there because you can't really get around people being biased, but i suppose people can always appeal.

Tokens

Cheers for the reply.

As I stated, there's only so much I can see. I have explained in more detail to Oli, however my post about the rules being relaxed in the Spam section was not because I believe they are too strict, as I initially stated.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

they r 2 strict

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Nawh im sorry, i disagree. If we use the example of jen, what she was banned for (something very small afaik) was something she said to muct. I've heard people say A LOT worse to him and to others, and not get even a warning. So, from what i've seen, some mods to favour others. It's always going to be there because you can't really get around people being biased, but i suppose people can always appeal.
    There's no moderator favouritism whatsoever, and remember - will someone ever be completely honest about what they get banned for if they are in the wrong? No, I don't think so.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011