HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Why is Habbox Forum so uptight?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/

Look at that.

If someone goes 'already posted at _______'
    Mods have a go at them, they're only helping.

Jeez.

This is the internet

moderator alert Edited by HotelUser (Forum Moderator): Thread moved from "General Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.
    Last edited by HotelUser; 29-10-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

that link isnt habboxforum

or can i not read

wtf
    Always have courage and be kind
    +1

Tokens

Just saying that Minecraft Forum is laid back, where as Habbox Forum is quite strict O_O

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gummyish View Post
    Just saying that Minecraft Forum is laid back, where as Habbox Forum is quite strict O_O
    Different forums have different rules, just because a forum about minecraft is pretty much laid back. It doesn't really mean HabboxForum should look at heir rules and use it over here. You are entitled to have your own opinion on the rules on both forums but it's not something we could change just because a minecraft forum is like that.

Oh and moderators don't shout or have a go at members if a thread has already been made on the same subject else where, it just gets simply closed and probably a message to that member explaining why it is closed. You don't get a usernote/warning/infraction for that.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 29-10-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Different forums have different rules, just because a forum about minecraft is pretty much laid back. It doesn't really mean HabboxForum should look at heir rules and use it over here. You are entitled to have your own opinion on the rules on both forums but it's not something we could change just because a minecraft forum is like that.
    I understand that, but especially when someone says 'Already posted here : *insert generic link here*' You don't need to have a go at them, their helping, that's all :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Felix594

Latest Awards:

Uhm explain how the forums are strict?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I understand that, but especially when someone says 'Already posted here : *insert generic link here*' You don't need to have a go at them, their helping, that's all :/
    I believe in a recent thread that issue was brought up and resolved with a relaxation of that part of the 'Leave the moderating to the moderators' rule, however it may not have been implemented yet or moderators may not have noticed the rule change.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Dude, I use a forum where we're allowed to use the C word if we swap U and N around. I don't expect to be able to do that on HxF.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

cos it's an older site where the community's bigger and so rules are stricter to keep everyone under control whereas minecraft forum is newer where the community's smaller and can be more laidback. It's the constant changes every site/forum goes through when they get too big. Eventually, the community will slow down and there'll be threads like these saying 'our rules should be more laidback' but it's not really the rules, it's just the attitudes imo.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Wait, are you saying moderators having a go or the members of this forum? I don't see how moderators closing the thread and stating it is already posted elsewhere with a link is classed as "having a go". Maybe that's just me?

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast