HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Because you don't have any points i'm afraid, none of you will admit that this is not about human rights and democracy - which the record, the facts show the west does not care about, both in the past and the present.
    We have made counter points, you just fail to seem to join the dots half the time.

Now if you think thats not true, prove my points on the past and the present factually wrong.
    I have.

So it is about oil you finally admit? right well then thats where we can now agree, now I do not think our people should possibly end up in body bags for the protection of oil - you obiously think that is a risk worth taking. Either way, our politicians should be honest and admit that our troops are getting involved for oil and not human rights/democracy ..and I wonder which side the people would take, mine or yours and the politicians?
    That's not what I said, they were negotiating before hand... maybe for oil. But not necessarily going in for it now. Stop twisting my words.

Although, to further counter this point, I asked a few friends at school today who are planning to join the army, navy etc.... not one of them wanted to join to defend 'Queen and country' they want to join because:

- They want to shoot guns
    - They want to polish boots (This made no sense; but whatever, you have to be pretty weird to want to join anyway)
    - One wanted to join because they'll pay you through university
    - One actually wanted to join for the sole purpose of securing oil from middle eastern countries, no joke, they were actually serious about this.

So stop making this nonsense up that they only join for defence purposes. And as I understand it, so far our presence in Libya is currently relatively risk free anyway.

I don't think thats an excuse to send people into a country and possibly to their deaths simply to protect oil interests. Although fair game as I said, lets have our politicians tell the truth (as above) and we'll see how long that government lasts when it openly admits that our men and women are dying overseas for oil contracts.

If the government told the truth concerning these wars, how long do you think they would last? not long, thats for certain.
    If you look at the ratio of the number of soldiers in Iraq, and the number of soldiers in Iraq you'd actually see that they're more likely to be run over and Iraq is this 'massive' disaster.

Saddam Hussein did not threaten to attack his neighbours nor one single western power.
    If someone says they have WMDs they don't say it because they don't intend to use it.

[QUOTE=-:Undertaker:-;7043345]So oil interests, as I keep saying.
    I doubt that the global governments would be going in on the sheer chance that some good Libyan oil is found.

Yeah, maybe what i'm saying is all made up. Maybe those military bases in Bahrain are just a figment of my imagination, maybe these pictures are all just doctored and none of this ever happened, we can dream can't we?

http://toryardvaark.files.wordpress....dafi_blair.jpg
    http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...12_468x533.jpg
    http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/....09fd970c-500wi
    http://www.ikhwanweb.com/uploads/200...and%20Bush.jpg
    http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/...bama-peace.jpg

I could go on and include Saudi royalty, Bahrain royalty.. but you should get the picture.
    I said that you did not have enough points to prove a correlation, not that you didn't have enough pictures to prove your current ones. And as I have said before, without public support, the best they can do is pretend to get along.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

This unfortunately does not look like it's going to end very well.

Everybody seems to underestimate how much money Ghadafi has, and the networks of contacts he has created as a result of this.

I wouldn't underestimate Ghadafi. He isn't going to step down. The only way to get rid of him is by force. If this isn't done soon enough i can guarantee you he will make true his vow to have revenge. Remember what happened after the US bombed Libya? Lockerbie.
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Gadaffi wouldnt do another Lockerbie. No chance. Not aften what happened to Bin Ladan and Afghan. He wouldnt dare...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    Gadaffi wouldnt do another Lockerbie. No chance. Not aften what happened to Bin Ladan and Afghan. He wouldnt dare...
    What do you mean "happened to Bin Laden"? He's still plotting against the west uncaptured.

He is prepared to fight to the end. There is no doubt about that. I'm pretty sure that given the chance and time he will get at least some revenge on the west.
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Et la vision
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post

Everybody seems to underestimate how much money Ghadafi has, and the networks of contacts he has created as a result of this.

I wouldn't underestimate Ghadafi. He isn't going to step down. The only way to get rid of him is by force. If this isn't done soon enough i can guarantee you he will make true his vow to have revenge. Remember what happened after the US bombed Libya? Lockerbie.
    As Stefan said, he won't risk it. It would give us, or whoever was targeted, the perfect excuse to go in and execute him there and then. At the moment we only have permission to support the rebels etc. and enforce the no fly zone. Why give us an excuse to target him? He maybe insane, but he still knows what he's doing - he'll just keep fighting back.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative, View Post
    As Stefan said, he won't risk it. It would give us, or whoever was targeted, the perfect excuse to go in and execute him there and then. At the moment we only have permission to support the rebels etc. and enforce the no fly zone. Why give us an excuse to target him? He maybe insane, but he still knows what he's doing - he'll just keep fighting back.
    He's going to be removed by the west eventualy. It's only a question of when. As he's prepared to fight until the bitter end, he'll probably want to take as many of his "enemies" with him as well.
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Et la vision
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post

As far as I can tell, the allied forces are more interested in blowing stuff up than actually dealing with the Libyan disaster :/ If they want Gaddafi out, they would be going straight for him, not blowing up potentially useless targets. Yet again, another war entered in where the main objective isn't being acted upon :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Syddeh

Why do we always have to try and save people?! Iraq War had nothing to do with us... well until the Underground Bombings. Now Libya, it's got nothing to do with us. Leave the Libyans to their war, don't go sending out troops who will eventually get shot, because A) it's not their fight. and B) the people over there don't care who they kill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sorry but that is totally the wrong view to take byoy cannot just leave a country, especially a muslim one (Al Qeda could base their) to escalate to civil war. Its just not right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
    Why do we always have to try and save people?! Iraq War had nothing to do with us... well until the Underground Bombings. Now Libya, it's got nothing to do with us. Leave the Libyans to their war, don't go sending out troops who will eventually get shot, because A) it's not their fight. and B) the people over there don't care who they kill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's fascinating how different age groups are perceiving this. Quite a few people I know in their University years think what we're doing is wrong to some degree, and KNOW it's wrong. We're needed more in places like Ivory Coast and palces were people have always been killed for standing up to the establishment where other countries are pouring in weapons, effectively assisting these corrupt nations into killing their own people for the sake of power. The Libya conflict (or war) is pointless, and shows the Western world is a waste of space.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast