HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :odey: View Post
    Exactly, but the only problem is,
    Is they could only realistically be used once, and getting people to ACTUALLY do it, would be as hard as getting them to actually DJ,
    I'm sure Richie wouldn't mind making some, that's his kind of forte,
    But it would be so much better than just listening to music.
    That's why I said at the start of the week get each DJ to do a new show. Put it in their job description and if they refuse, fire them. That's how things should be run; no pussyfooting about, fire the ones that aren't djing/recording shows as asked.

Click the image.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :odey:

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Niall! View Post
    That's why I said at the start of the week get each DJ to do a new show. Put it in their job description and if they refuse, fire them. That's how things should be run; no pussyfooting about, fire the ones that aren't djing/recording shows as asked.
    That is a fab idea actually,
    Increase their minimum to however many normal shows a week it is now + 1 or 2 recordings,
    I think that could work?
    How many dj's is there currently?
    Must be enough to cover quite a lot of dead air time...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    let it be always marked here that odey is a babe

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to
    show my audience that you don't have to be perfect to achieve your dreams.
    Because nobody relates to being perfect.

Katy Perry

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Increase their minimum to however many normal shows a week it is now + 1 or 2 recordings,
    I think that could work?
    You wouldn't even need to increase their minimum, keep it the same unless the department is understaffed. The recordings would just be to fill in the blanks.

Another separate point which I'm sure has been brought up in the thread already but I can't be arsed reading it is the issue of quality. As far as I can tell the radio broadcasts at 128 kb/s which is terrible. Is there any chance of an upgrade?

Click the image.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think that could work?
    if myself and @Calvin;'s test show goes well, our new show could be prerecorded. (also its an actual show playing a certain genre with a certain theme ) we're in the process of figuring out whether prerecorded or live would be better for what we wanna do

Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    if myself and @Calvin;'s test show goes well, our new show could be prerecorded. (also its an actual show playing a certain genre with a certain theme ) we're in the process of figuring out whether prerecorded or live would be better for what we wanna do
    I don't know if you'd want big weekly shows to be recorded though, it's sometimes nice to have some listener interaction during them!

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to

Katy Perry

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't know if you'd want big weekly shows to be recorded though, it's sometimes nice to have some listener interaction during them!
    well, IF we have to prerecord, only the actual music parts of it will be prerecorded, we'd still be taking shoutouts and stuff

Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

You wouldn't need to play pre recorded material if you were actually on air though? haha.

Katy Perry

Tokens
    Habbo
    hamheyelliot

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Niall! View Post
    You wouldn't even need to increase their minimum, keep it the same unless the department is understaffed. The recordings would just be to fill in the blanks.

Another separate point which I'm sure has been brought up in the thread already but I can't be arsed reading it is the issue of quality. As far as I can tell the radio broadcasts at 128 kb/s which is terrible. Is there any chance of an upgrade?

Was wondering about this, 128 kb/s seems to be the peak for SHOUTcast, there's no inbetween like a nice 192 kb/s for example. There are a few 320 kb/s providers out there, but it gets hard to stream and listen at that sort of speed. I'm sure a few recorded 'generic' shows could prove really beneficial, as long as they aren't major shows that need interaction with listeners.
    Last edited by hamheyelliot; 29-08-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324