HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default Habboxlive Feedback

Habboxlive and their events
    I pointed this out a few days ago in the habboxlive section. Events aren't planned anymore, we're all given so much notice but still leave everything to the last second. When Matt hosted that massive youtube event, bookings before and after weren't dicussed. When Matt finished his show he was going to let the radio go offline. I was really busy at the time but was practically begged to go on air because no-one else would step up to the plate and I didn't want the radio to go offline at 150listeners so I went on. I still stand by what I said though, I do believe Olz and Gina tried their best with the HabboxStarz but a lot more preperation could have been done. Slots before and after the event weren't booked and clips seemed to be getting chucked every corner. I think a lot of the djs don't want to go on air after an event because they know the listeners will drop or are afraid, it's expected but if no-one bites the bullet, do you really expect people to sit around and wait on you all to agree on who's going on next? No wonder we aren't keeping numbers.

Staff
    Habboxlive was in the public spotlight not long ago. Staff not being able to complete their duties was brought into it and apparently that was dealt with. It was for a small period of time but now it's worse than ever. I spoke to xxMattgxx about some people who're still staff and don't deserve their position, I have no shame in saying I have reported certain people about sitting back, doing nothing, just to hold onto their high position. People go away for weeks without telling anyone and get away with it. Sure there's people still posted away up until August the 9th, that was almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't been updated. Some people are even posted away who aren't even staff any more.

My Suggestion
    Those who refuse to dj and don't meet their minimum, fire them without question. Put more effort into planning the actual main events as well as the slots before and after. Don't expect people to come to you, I know it's a habbo fansite but you never know what sort of hobbies people might want to take on. I'd suggest posting something on radio daddy, I got a lot of my presenters from there when I ran my station and these were properly qualified people who were earning big and were nice. I'm not saying habboxlive should turn into radio one but tell people about habboxlive on other forums, people might be interested and I believe radio daddy would be a good place to start. If senior staff + are not completing their full duties demote them and hire someone who will, if they still don't meet their minimum as a radio dj, dismiss them. Perhaps you could do something fun with the djs like have them write scripts for their shows and those with the best script wins vip or something because going on air and shouting NEXT SONG IS BLABLABLA it doesn't work, I do it too. I'm not saying this because I'm leaving, I agreed with @GoldenMerc; when he suggested something along the lines, remove the guest dj position and have part time / regular staff, regular staff should receive some sort of incentive so they all don't hop onto the part time boat. As soon as HxSS ends, the department will hit rock bottom.

When I first came back to habboxlive under my guest dj role I didn't feel as if I got on well with many staff members. Everyone seemed to think that i was a big bad man who just came back to create chaos. That never was the case. Although I have pointed out habboxlives flaws publicly in the past, I did it in the way which I did because I know from being the devious little devil I can be, that the only way you can get issues addressed quickly and properly is if you put that department in the public spotlight.

As much as I love habboxlive, broadcasting and the tasks behind it, I think it's time for me to hand in my resignation. I have been involved with habboxlive for some time, on and off constantly for a good 4/5 years, not to mention the years I've bonded with managers and other staff prior to that. It has come to the point where I'm not sure if the department can ever really be restored to a proper running order like other departments. Without offending anyone, I just don't believe there's anyone capable of running the department. It's a bit like habbox overall, I have given @xxMATTGxx; so much abuse in the past for being a terrible general manager, which he has proved wrong but realistically at this time if he left the site would collapse. I think habboxlive has gone past that point, it has already collapsed due to poor management.

Just to add whoever thought of the publicity stunt for habboxlive, I'm sorry but it's such a ridiculous idea. It might have worked in the past but we're struggling to get 30 listeners these days, those people will just assume it's the end of the radio and leave without hesitation. I wish the department all best and hope they fix these issues.

Sorry if I sound patronizing or rude but it had to be said,
    Richard.

@xxMATTGxx; @SyrupyMonkey; @RemelKiid; @Inseriousity.;
    Last edited by Richie; 22-08-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

I agree with most of this although HabboxLive could quite easily pick up.

The problem i feel with Habbox Management is it generally does take a lot to get fired, I mean ,Jess, it took her 6 months of being inactive to be fired, then they hired RemelKid, who previously to Jess being fired -repped any negative comment towards HabboxLive or Jess, so that wasnt a brilliant start.

I personally think if Grig stayed and was manager he could have changed that department, in my eyes HxL needs to work with events, but not being forced to work with events. They should want to, As if you think about it, Events can say tune into the radio, the radio can say head down to Yet's Habbo room for Bingo.

Ross

Tokens
    Habbo
    iLogan

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yet View Post
    Habboxlive and their events
    I pointed this out a few days ago in the habboxlive section. Events aren't planned anymore, we're all given so much notice but still leave everything to the last second. When Matt hosted that massive youtube event, bookings before and after weren't dicussed. When Matt finished his show he was going to let the radio go offline. I was really busy at the time but was practically begged to go on air because no-one else would step up to the plate and I didn't want the radio to go offline at 150listeners so I went on. I still stand by what I said though, I do believe Olz and Gina tried their best with the HabboxStarz but a lot more preperation could have been done. Slots before and after the event weren't booked and clips seemed to be getting chucked every corner. I think a lot of the djs don't want to go on air after an event because they know the listeners will drop or are afraid, it's expected but if no-one bites the bullet, do you really expect people to sit around and wait on you all to agree on who's going on next? No wonder we aren't keeping numbers.
    Agree with what you've said here. It's an unfortunate coincidence that I was away whilst HxStarz was going on, but hopefully their show tomorrow will be more planned etc.

I wouldn't say people are afraid to go on air after big events, it's just part of the issue of slots not being booked. I remember a while ago at HabboxLive whenever a big event was on, the slots after were always booked without someone having to ask someone to book them. Hopefully things will return to that.

Staff
    Habboxlive was in the public spotlight not long ago. Staff not being able to complete their duties was brought into it and apparently that was dealt with. It was for a small period of time but now it's worse than ever. I spoke to xxMattgxx about some people who're still staff and don't deserve their position, I have no shame in saying I have reported certain people about sitting back, doing nothing, just to hold onto their high position. People go away for weeks without telling anyone and get away with it. Sure there's people still posted away up until August the 9th, that was almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't been updated. Some people are even posted away who aren't even staff any more.
    Staff who don't deserve their position will and do get dismissed. In terms of the last bit that you've mentioned - that's more of an administrative issue, something that the Head DJs should actually be dealing with.

My Suggestion
    Those who refuse to dj and don't meet their minimum, fire them without question. Put more effort into planning the actual main events as well as the slots before and after. Don't expect people to come to you, I know it's a habbo fansite but you never know what sort of hobbies people might want to take on. I'd suggest posting something on radio daddy, I got a lot of my presenters from there when I ran my station and these were properly qualified people who were earning big and were nice. I'm not saying habboxlive should turn into radio one but tell people about habboxlive on other forums, people might be interested and I believe radio daddy would be a good place to start. If senior staff + are not completing their full duties demote them and hire someone who will, if they still don't meet their minimum as a radio dj, dismiss them. Perhaps you could do something fun with the djs like have them write scripts for their shows and those with the best script wins vip or something because going on air and shouting NEXT SONG IS BLABLABLA it doesn't work, I do it too. I'm not saying this because I'm leaving, I agreed with @GoldenMerc; when he suggested something along the lines, remove the guest dj position and have part time / regular staff, regular staff should receive some sort of incentive so they all don't hop onto the part time boat. As soon as HxSS ends, the department will hit rock bottom.
    I don't think any DJs intentionally refuse to DJ - why would they join the department if they were going to do that? DJs who are failing to reach their minimums receive warnings and do get dismissed if it reaches a point which is unacceptable.

I like the idea of advertising HxL externally. In terms of scripts for shows, I don't really like that idea. The whole point of DJing is having that spontaneousness, but I do agree that there should be some sort of structure. I remember you suggesting show plans a while back and I have been thinking of ways we can implement this in the department. What do you suggest for incentives for DJs?[/quote]
    ex-hxl manager
    ex-event organizer
    ex-gfx designer
    ex-competition staff
    ex-content staff
    OFWGKΔ

Tokens

Latest Awards:

we appear to be back here again. every six weeks.

everytime i say it and everytime it gets ignored but i honestly think habbo radio is finished: get rid of habboxlive and use the resources/the people to do other things.

perhaps get a section of news that focuses on live audio reports / audio rare values news. just transfer the skill.

wasting time.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

NGL i did tl;dr most of that but still.

The whole planning thing was the main point of my other thread, got completely out of hand so I agree there, and sort agree with other things, a lot of the staff do need a kick up the bum.

However, if you really think the department is struggling that much, and you must know you're one of the most respected DJs on there, how is quitting really going to help anything? Isn't it better to stay and see if you can actually help in some way or the other?

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post

The whole planning thing was the main point of my other thread, got completely out of hand so I agree there, and sort agree with other things, a lot of the staff do need a kick up the bum.

However, if you really think the department is struggling that much, and you must know you're one of the most respected DJs on there, how is quitting really going to help anything? Isn't it better to stay and see if you can actually help in some way or the other?
    tbh if grig left because remelkid wouldn't listen what chance has richie got

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not when nobody in the department actually seems to want help - from what I can see from the outside, it looks like the staff are just happy letting it stagnate in its current state, any suggestions in feedback always seem to be shot down immediately by a lot of the DJs. If I saw nobody was taking my (or any) suggestions on board as an experienced DJ, I'd probably leave too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

The thing is Laura people get tired of trying. For example, the other day I did a competition for coins and points, the listeners got to about 40 odd (which is a lot these days) and everyone refused to do the next slot. That's just one occasion it happens a lot on a daily basis. Fair enough people might have things to do but it's the same people covering time and time again and I don't believe for a second 25 odd staff members are constantly busy at the exact same time. People make excuses, I have to go out, I have to do this but really they're just on skype and browsing the forum. They're entitled to that but it'd be nice if they lend and hand now and then.

There isn't any point in me trying to get high listeners then everyone 'cba' to go on air next. It's a team effort, always has been but it's lost now. Thanks for the comment too I don't believe that though I think habboxlive have loads of fantastic djs much better than me, they just 'cba' most of the time.

@bethany;
    I think habboxlive has loads of potential but only if people get off their backside and help.
    Last edited by Richie; 22-08-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    we appear to be back here again. every six weeks.

everytime i say it and everytime it gets ignored but i honestly think habbo radio is finished: get rid of habboxlive and use the resources/the people to do other things.

perhaps get a section of news that focuses on live audio reports / audio rare values news. just transfer the skill.

wasting time.
    I think Habbo radios are stuck in a rut doing the same things over and over but I don't think that means they're finished. They just need something unique that gets people tuning in again. Naturally, that's easier said than done although I have been thinking of possible ideas (radio plays for example).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Richie you make this thread every other month, determined much haha Don't blame ya.

I really think the future for HxL is bleak unless someone pulls out something unbelievably amazing. Now. No more "we have plans to update so and so", "there will be exciting changes in a couple of weeks", it needs to happen now and it needs to happen fast. It was a shame after the event that @Maatt.; (Guessed name) did, there were no DJs booked because it was fab. to see the listener count that high. You can't drag people to go onto the radio, but I'm sure quite a handful of DJs who could have easily booked that slot. I believe Richie ended up going on there in the end idk.

Whilst I'm here, can I please ask. Why don't you show "non-unique" listeners on the radio as well, sure it's not truthful per se, but it at least makes the listener count seem a lot higher.

I'm all for events teaming up with HxL A LOT more often. The DJs already say "search so and so" for an event and some do mini on-air competitions which seem a bit rushed, but it'd be much nicer to bigger events planned between the HxL and Events department (HabboxStars is a fab. event, and yes I'm aware events dept. wasn't involved in that ). Simply a shame that saying a Habbox link will most likely get you a mute/ban in-game, so events hosts can't really remind people to tune into Hxl.

Also, do major giveaways still happen? I've seen the "win a room" thingy, but not so many giveaways now. I know we're not all made of furniture and credits aha, but it'd be nice to have a monthly/bi-weekly one in order to continuously spike up those user counts more often.

I like Bethie's idea about news going onto the radio tbf. I'm not sure where I stand on scrapping the dept. (because it seriously will face a big blow when HxSS ends) but quite simply, something major needs to be done now.
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 22-08-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    /

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast