Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Version 7

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    i always thought v7 was just an excuse the coders used so they didnt have to fix anything. didnt realise it was more than just a myth
    Nothing really needs fixing apart from stuff on V6 which they do not want to touch whatsoever and I don't personally blame them. Which is why V7 kicked off in the first place and yes the project is real. Other fixes are template fixes on forum skins but I'm not allowing our good friend Chippiewill fix them until he's finished V7.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nothing really needs fixing apart from stuff on V6 which they do not want to touch whatsoever and I don't personally blame them. Which is why V7 kicked off in the first place and yes the project is real. Other fixes are template fixes on forum skins but I'm not allowing our good friend Chippiewill fix them until he's finished V7.
    So we're not getting any content updates on Habbox.com until V7 comes out?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    The person I replied to talked about the coders and not content. I was talking about the Site Coders - They don't write up the content for the site.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The person I replied to talked about the coders and not content. I was talking about the Site Coders - They don't write up the content for the site.
    Derp, my bad Still would be nice to see a few articles updated though, because I still take it that V7 is a fair bit off...

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

to add to what Matt said, I've spent the last few hours telling you I AM updating the content on V6, just haven't got round to the pasges you desperately want updated for whatever reason.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Derp, my bad Still would be nice to see a few articles updated though, because I still take it that V7 is a fair bit off...
    Yeah, I think I posted in one previous pages that I or any other member of Gen. Management haven't stopped them from updating the site. Both the site and the wiki should be getting updates where necessary. Pages do get updated but obviously not all the pages can get updated at once.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    to add to what Matt said, I've spent the last few hours telling you I AM updating the content on V6, just haven't got round to the pasges you desperately want updated for whatever reason.
    Where did you say you were updating V6 content for Habbox.com? All I saw was that you don't want to waste time on V6 because it's coded badly, that there is no reason to update these pages, and that wiki is a bigger priority.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Eh, fair enough. I can see it would be a waste of time to fix the occasional thing that will eventually end up being replaced anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Where did you say you were updating V6 content for Habbox.com? All I saw was that you don't want to waste time on V6 because it's coded badly, that there is no reason to update these pages, and that wiki is a bigger priority.
    Like a billion times? I said I wasn't going to update the Public Rooms page because it requires more time and effort than is worth it on many people's parts, but I am going round on a regular basis checking the site and updating the various pages I have 'dibs' on and I definitely said 'I've just updated the Safety page' in one of my first posts here. Jan too, has just finished making updates on the site today as well.

I never ever ever said it was coded badly or that the wiki is a priority, you're putting words into my mouth to make me look bad. I did say that right now I am updating the wiki because I've already done Habbox work this weekend, they both need information adding and updating but the Wiki is more empty at the moment.

I'd go through the thread to find examples but my interent's rubbish.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Like a billion times? I said I wasn't going to update the Public Rooms page because it requires more time and effort than is worth it on many people's parts, but I am going round on a regular basis checking the site and updating the various pages I have 'dibs' on and I definitely said 'I've just updated the Safety page' in one of my first posts here. Jan too, has just finished making updates on the site today as well.

I never ever ever said it was coded badly or that the wiki is a priority, you're putting words into my mouth to make me look bad. I did say that right now I am updating the wiki because I've already done Habbox work this weekend, they both need information adding and updating but the Wiki is more empty at the moment.

I'd go through the thread to find examples but my interent's rubbish.
    If you don't like how up to date the information is, go and update it yourself, we're doing other things, such as making pages which currently have NOTHING on them, which is a higher priority.

The new content that I've written will take an age to update on V6, because it will require different graphics to be made and more coding added which is just a waste of time for a site that hopefully won't be up for much longer.
    Those posts, do they REALLY need updating? We haven't had any celeb visits in a year.

On the V6 site I've only been working on it for 3 days in my entire content 'career' and I'm focusing on doing other pages at the moment. We'll get round to them when we get round to them. At the moment I want to add information to the wiki though.

I did miss your post on the safety page being updated, was too busy discussing the wiki And you didn't say the coding was bad, but more code to be added, which I assume is bad coding, because you'd expect it to be there in the first place.

If you're going to get around to updating the pages, then there's no issue

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast