HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

this is probably why older people don't like yougnsters voting, looks like a lot of students. something tells me they wouldn't care about proper representation if Labour won.
    also seen people crying about police brutality..

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    FPTP is unfair to parties like Ukip and whilst I still support FPTP, i'm not going to make the argument that 3.8m votes = 1 seat is fair because it's not. Supporters of FPTP like yourself should at least admit that even if you don't want to change the voting system.
    Oh yeah definitely, but I care more about having a government that's able to perform its duties far more than a "fair" representation of squabbling enemies who make delicate alliances to block each other and allow for absolutely nothing to get done legitimately. Also in my view (and I imagine you'll probably agree with this) accountability is extremely important in a system that calls itself a democracy, and with a system that allows for hugely split governments it's difficult to have that working properly. It was bad enough with just 2 parties

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Sigh, I wish protesters wouldn't make their points seemingly irrelevant by starting to deface everything.
    ---
    Anyway, no clue if Dan's posted this, but here's a map of the biggest party swing in each constituency:

Certainly made an impression
    Doesn't seem to be working young man

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    something tells me they wouldn't care about proper representation if Labour won.
    Yeah pretty much, they're going mental because their favourites didn't win. They like democracy as long as it goes their way, just like everything with people like that
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

@FlyingJesus; Indeed, but the main reason I support FPTP is I believe it has saved us from many revolutions/violence in that it is unlike European systems where the absolutely hated party of the last government often ends up in government again as the newer parties need to reach 50%. It's like with the House of Lords: I used to be for abolishing it but now I realise it's the political parties which are the problem not the system itself which is an amazing system. I'm a lot more constitutionalist nowadays.

And @Intersocial; we can't see the map?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hm, now?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    QFA
    Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    QFA
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 09-05-2015 at 11:31 PM.
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When it's coloured in the map looks a lot like Maggie Simpson

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@Intersocial; wow that's impressive.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

It's not really impressive though is it?

UKIP is coming from nothing so obviously they're going to have the largest swing, even if they're a million years of winning the constituency, they'll have gained thousands of votes for this election so obviously going to have a large swing, where as Labour and Conservative will change a lot less as they already have huge amounts of votes..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    It's not really impressive though is it?

UKIP is coming from nothing so obviously they're going to have the largest swing, even if they're a million years of winning the constituency, they'll have gained thousands of votes for this election so obviously going to have a large swing, where as Labour and Conservative will change a lot less as they already have huge amounts of votes..
    Pretty much. I'll consider it impressive if they can follow it up next time and gain a significant amount of seats.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

For a party that was practically unheard of five years ago, I would say it's certainly impressive.

Not absolutely shocking, but nevertheless still 'an achievement'.
    --------------
    Other things:

- Michael Gove is Justice Secretary..... no words.
    - If Cameron goes through with his EU referendum promise I will be impressed.
    /

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@scottish; @Kardan;

In a system that has always been two parties with the third half party, that is impressive.

Infact I don't think another party other than the Liberals has ever come third nationally before in the last century. That's a record in itself.