HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I illegally download all my songs/albums from the pirate bay, if it's there and free then why would you really want to go and spend £10 on a cd..

The only album i've bought is GaGa's fame monster because I thought it was really good and wanted to feel like I was helping to boost her cd sales.. lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Storking View Post
    I illegally download all my songs/albums from the pirate bay, if it's there and free then why would you really want to go and spend £10 on a cd..

The only album i've bought is GaGa's fame monster because I thought it was really good and wanted to feel like I was helping to boost her cd sales.. lol
    Yeh I think a lot of people must download songs they are unsure about for free and if they decide they really like the artist they might in future buy their odd album to support them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't agree with the idea that CD's are expensive, Its just downloading is cheaper ha.

Think of it this way, you offer something to someone for £10 - £20 and free, there obviously going to go for the free one. A lot of these subscription services for music and films have been set up to prevent people illegaly downloading files, because they think that people just want it digitally and thats why they download. What they seem to fail to realise is they simply download it because its free and if thats the case, they aren't going to use a paid service to obtain it.

I occasionaly download, but used to quite a lot. I do have quite a few CD's as usually I'll download tracks and end up buying the albums if they are that good. I know you can say they get paid a lot, but its there job. How would you like it if you lost money from your job - e.g. someone stole from a shop you worked in - it is the same principle.

People tell me there fans of bands and stuff - for example my dad - all the bands he apparently loves so much, he just downloads their stuff. I think if you like them that much, then you might as well show your appreciation for them and at least buy their music. If everyone decided to download illegally they'd think no one liked them anymore and thus would end up splitting.

What does also quite annoy me is people who complain about people who illegally download films but download TV shows and claim its different - e.g. the network pays for it and stuff. These people don't seem to realise if everyone just downloads it - as a lot of them download it instead of watching it online - sales and also viewing figures decline and could ultimatley lead to cancellation.

P.S. forgot to add im signed up to a legal music service i pay for my web station giving us 20 new uk and 20 new us tracks a week.

Tokens
    Habbo
    KyoraStryker

Latest Awards:

Always paid for my music.

Before the age of mp3 players, I'd buy CDs from artists that I liked. When mp3 players got huge, I started leaning towards iTunes. A buck per song/ten bucks per album (if you bought the whole thing) was a fair price for me.

BIG thank you to the graphics department for making this banner. I LOVE IT!

"If Herbal Essences shampoo has all these exotic effects on women, is their hair really the first place they put it?"
    Last +rep: Shar,
    Next posting goal: | 100 | 250 | 500 | 1,000 | 1,500 | 2,500 | 5,000 | 10,000 |

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i buy music which i think deserves to be brought.
    Do you ever feel like you want to go home?
    Lost in the crowd and you feel alone

Tokens

Latest Awards:

recently one of my favourite bands Grammatics split up due to bankruptcy, this is obviously due to downloading and leaks.

Please don't take the next bit too seriously, I reread it and look like a pretentious ****** - however it is important to me.

It pains me how so many people claim 'music is my life' while putting no money into the industry, sure there are legal ways of listening to music, eg spotify, however it takes 10,000,000 listens of one song to earn the UK minimum wage salary.

I'm glad that live music has become much more public friendly and that was and still is the main income for acts.

This will never end and bands I like shall keep splitting up
    until I die.
    magik*magik

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Andeeh View Post
    i buy music which i think deserves to be brought.
    So all music?

I mean if you like music enough to listen to it, surely that means you should buy it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not nessessary - I listen to stuff e.g. youtube new stuff and might find out i like it might find out its okayish but doesn't mean i'll buy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    So all music?

I mean if you like music enough to listen to it, surely that means you should buy it.
    No but mostly now i have started buying more then downloading, I buy music from artists not mainstream as I think they have made a good enough job for me to pay my own money for.
    Do you ever feel like you want to go home?
    Lost in the crowd and you feel alone

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Plebings View Post
    recently one of my favourite bands Grammatics split up due to bankruptcy, this is obviously due to downloading and leaks.

Please don't take the next bit too seriously, I reread it and look like a pretentious ****** - however it is important to me.

It pains me how so many people claim 'music is my life' while putting no money into the industry, sure there are legal ways of listening to music, eg spotify, however it takes 10,000,000 listens of one song to earn the UK minimum wage salary.

I'm glad that live music has become much more public friendly and that was and still is the main income for acts.

This will never end and bands I like shall keep splitting up
    until I die.
    You can't blame it on downloading and stuff. Maybe they just weren't popular enough to keep going? Let's be honest, music is better off without any band that splits up just because they're bankrupt. It should always be about the music rather than money.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast