HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Do you pay for your music?

Do you in any way at all pay for your music? Whether it is through itunes or buying CD's that you put on your pc. I'm gonna be honest here, I have never bought any music in my life. I have around 2k songs, mainly at 320kbps and always download the latest. Artists are way overpaid in my opinion anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no lol i either download or torrent

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Do you in any way at all pay for your music? Whether it is through itunes or buying CD's that you put on your pc. I'm gonna be honest here, I have never bought any music in my life. I have around 2k songs, mainly at 320kbps and always download the latest. Artists are way overpaid in my opinion anyway.

I pay for some. If I download an album of a band I did not know were good, I will probably buy their next. But I have spotify now so I don't really.

Also the thing about artists being paid too much is a lame excuse. They only get paid because people buy their stuff. If you could be as talented as them, I would love to see you say 'Don't bother buying my stuff, download illegally'.

On the other hand, I do really appreciate your honesty. Also I do see why young people download music illegally - they cannot afford to pay for all the CD's.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :odey:

Latest Awards:

I think CD's are WAY overpriced, which is why people do download illegally...
    I buy most of my music from itunes, but, I hardly EVER buy the whole album,
    Just songs i've heard, or know
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    let it be always marked here that odey is a babe

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to
    show my audience that you don't have to be perfect to achieve your dreams.
    Because nobody relates to being perfect.

Katy Perry

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    I pay for some. If I download an album of a band I did not know were good, I will probably buy their next. But I have spotify now so I don't really.

Also the thing about artists being paid too much is a lame excuse. They only get paid because people buy their stuff. If you could be as talented as them, I would love to see you say 'Don't bother buying my stuff, download illegally'.

On the other hand, I do really appreciate your honesty. Also I do see why young people download music illegally - they cannot afford to pay for all the CD's.
    I understand the logic behind saying "if everyone downloaded their music illegally we wouldn't have any artists" or whatever but there are thousands/milions of people who detest the idea of downloading music illegally so as long as they stay around artists get paid plenty of money. I do actually buy music from newcomers who I would like to see make it big. I bought N-Dubz Uncle B and I also bought Roll Deep's CD. Not with my own money, with vouchers. As I said I am proud to say that I have never paid for any music, vouchers don't count. Massive artists such as Eminem are well into their career and have already made it big. Most of my music is from the 90's so paying for it just seems pointless. And you are right about the cash, call it an average of 70p per song on itunes and I have over 2000 songs...
    Last edited by Apple; 20-09-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :odey: View Post
    CD's are not at all over priced. I would like to see you make some of the stuff that gets released.

---------- Post added 20-09-2010 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by :odey: View Post
    CD's are not at all over priced. I would like to see you make some of the stuff that gets released.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I buy Vinyl records of the tracks and then illegally download the MP3 web version. I personally think I'm not doing any harm by doing this.
    "RETIRED" FROM HABBO(X)

:¬:

TOMSPIT / COWLY05

Tokens

I pay for every single track I download using iTunes.

Tokens

I don't really have an extensive song list, but I could list all the albums I have bought, which isn't really much.

- Ten by Gabriella Cilmi
    - Lessons to be learned by Gabriella Cilmi
    - Demon Days by Gorrilaz
    - Elephunk by Black Eyed Peas
    - Quite a few of the 'now' CDs (from when I was like 8)

I listen to most my music on youtube, but if there is a song I want, I will usually just download it. I have an iPod Touch which I orignally got to use for the internet and apps, but I am going to be putting a lot of songs on there, so I imagine I will be downloading illegally - except for artists who I really support and like the majority of their songs - I will most likley get the albums.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I almost always download everything illegally. When Joe McElderrys song was released I had it on itunes within about 5 minutes of hearing it and the same goes for most new songs I like. The only artist that I actually go out any buy the physical CD is The Saturdays because they're just fab.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast