HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    I don't know who brought up MOTM being unfair but I think it's circumstantial, it really depends on the moderators. I've seen moderators who've failed to be impartial, I've seen moderators completely neglect to take part in the voting process, I've seen (former) managers completely veto the voting results. I've also seen months where the entire moderation team has had lengthy and adequate discussions on who should be awarded MOTM awards and I've seen many awards be distributed on a valid basis. I'd say that so long as forum management make sure MOTM threads are posted with handsome time to spare before the month concludes, then makes sure all moderators participate, and so long as forum and upper management make every effort to prevent bias discussion and voting from occurring, that the current setup is working just fine.

Doing this would seriously devalue the quality of posts made on the forum. Sure, post counts would go up very fast, but then the content of posts made would be reduced down to the average post quality of Gaia Forums (if you're unaware of what this, it's a very popular but also very insignificantly intellectual internet teenage forum).
    moderators have refused to vote? why? because they dislike the people involved? surely moderators need to be impartial at all times.

also i use gaia :@ gaia forums are lovely.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    moderators have refused to vote? why? because they dislike the people involved? surely moderators need to be impartial at all times.
    Sometimes they just forget to vote or are being lazy, it happens to the best of moderators on occasion but so long as management is reminding the team to participate, and so long as the moderators are given enough time to vote then not voting usually isn't a huge concern.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    also i use gaia :@ gaia forums are lovely.
    What's this? I've found a fellow Gaian outside of the hive? I bet you 20k that you can't find which user is me
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

why does the forum go down when hoteluser comes back

get back in your coffin

moderator alert Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make off topic posts!
    Last edited by Chris; 09-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

you're suppose to be dead, we gave you a send off in hxhd and everything, now my signature is rendered useless...

Mods have been alright as of late.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    I don't know who brought up MOTM being unfair but I think it's circumstantial, it really depends on the moderators. I've seen moderators who've failed to be impartial, I've seen moderators completely neglect to take part in the voting process, I've seen (former) managers completely veto the voting results. I've also seen months where the entire moderation team has had lengthy and adequate discussions on who should be awarded MOTM awards and I've seen many awards be distributed on a valid basis. I'd say that so long as forum management make sure MOTM threads are posted with handsome time to spare before the month concludes, then makes sure all moderators participate, and so long as forum and upper management make every effort to prevent bias discussion and voting from occurring, that the current setup is working just fine.

Doing this would seriously devalue the quality of posts made on the forum. Sure, post counts would go up very fast, but then the content of posts made would be reduced down to the average post quality of Gaia Forums (if you're unaware of what this, it's a very popular but also very insignificantly intellectual internet teenage forum).
    So I'm confused, you don't want average posts yet you allow such crap replies in graphics?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

*REMOVED*

moderator alert Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude!
    Last edited by Chris; 09-04-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    So I'm confused, you don't want average posts yet you allow such crap replies in graphics?
    I wouldn't advocate for post count to increase in certain sections of the forum (such a thread in the graphics section would be the PAPOY thread). Infact, post count increases in such threads is a discussion that's been had at length throughout the years.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@HotelUser; are you GaiaUser that would be a great username.

moderator alert Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make off topic posts!
    Last edited by Chris; 09-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nothing against the moderator but i dont get this kind of edit
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...71#post7508171

he said '****in' and apparently that is avoiding the filter when it's not, it's the forums censorship that's the problem, if the word was filtered correctly it would be '****in'.

is the edit/warning needed, it should just be a removal and a pm to management to fix the filter?
    Last edited by David; 21-04-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

******* I agree with you there. The full word filters but it doesn't filter the start of it so it's not Ross' fault.
    Last edited by Samantha; 21-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.