HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default counterproductive moderation.

heya,

i haven't written a feedback thread in a long time but i've been thinking of doing this all week and then receiving a warning about general forum conduct last night makes me really feel the need to post this.

i think moderation on the forum at the moment is in overkill mode, really + truly. it's hard enough as it is on here at the moment to get a conversation about ANYTHING going because of poor activity. so a suggestion is oh shut the staff spam, well every other manager and his dog are against that so you have to deal with it basically.

it feels like every other post that i see has been edited in some form or another. just complete and utter overkill.

also: i don't understand the avoiding the filter when the word use is not in the filter. that's not exactly avoiding the filter is it, that's the filter not picking up on my word.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol yeah. last week i got edited just to change a prefix, when it was already correct.
    & I had the filter one too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

In my mind it just seems that all moderators are going all out just to reach their minimums (if this is the case in moderation), I received possibly the stupidest usernote i've personally seen on any forums over my time a few weeks ago, and it just simply seems like they are giving warnings for anything they possibly can.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

My favourite is getting told that answering the question that a thread poses is a pointless post and doesn't contribute to discussion despite only 1 person in the entire thread having said anything other than a simple direct answer.

The filter thing is a difficult one, personally I'd expect that if I wrote dickwit it would filter it because I'm just used to the prefix there being on the filter list, however you get all sorts of problems if you have ****** on the filter to try stopping it in every word, like talking about Bendicks chocolates would make it appear that you're being rude so not sure what the fix is for that.

As for staff spam closing, yes. It's not needed, it only furthers segregation of staff and members (inherently CAUSING the problem of them "not fitting in" elsewhere or whatever the lame excuse for needing it is), and of course means less activity outside of the staff area. Hx staff, especially those in the community departments, ought to be an active member of the forums so that they are aware and a part of the community they're supposed to be representing. It shouldn't have to be a case of managers having to actually note down how active their staff are in terms of posting, they should be wanting to be active already. If the argument "NORMAL SPAM IS SO HOSTILE!!!!!" comes up can you please ban whoever says it because it's simply not true and hasn't been for years. It's certainly no more hostile than the suggestion that staff are so above us that they require their own chat space.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

But they need to get their *+*MoDlOgS*+*(I'm assuming they get staff reports, unlike some department.)

I do agree it is rather overkill, especially how dead the forum is just now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bethie View Post
    heya,

i haven't written a feedback thread in a long time but i've been thinking of doing this all week and then receiving a warning about general forum conduct last night makes me really feel the need to post this.

i think moderation on the forum at the moment is in overkill mode, really + truly. it's hard enough as it is on here at the moment to get a conversation about ANYTHING going because of poor activity. so a suggestion is oh shut the staff spam, well every other manager and his dog are against that so you have to deal with it basically.

it feels like every other post that i see has been edited in some form or another. just complete and utter overkill.

also: i don't understand the avoiding the filter when the word use is not in the filter. that's not exactly avoiding the filter is it, that's the filter not picking up on my word.
    I cant see any trace of you being contacted recently so can't comment on that, if you want to FW'd me the PMs then we can discuss that via PM.

Generally the forum rules are a bit more relaxed than they used to be other than the pointless posting one. I do sometimes feel that the rule does stop conversation within threads, but I don't feel like we could remove the rule as it would just turn all the threads discussions into something else. However I will talk to @xxMATTGxx and @brandon and see if we can come up with anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    lol yeah. last week i got edited just to change a prefix, when it was already correct.
    that was a mistake by a trialist, which was sorted the same day. I'm pretty sure you got an apology about it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    But they need to get their *+*MoDlOgS*+*(I'm assuming they get staff reports, unlike some department.)

It's not all about moderator logs anymore, yes it's noted in their reports but it's certainly not as much as a big thing as it used to be.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    You gave it the "Help" prefix which was the wrong one, so the moderator changed it to the correct one which was "How to".

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post

If it was a case of getting logs then I would hog every reported post that came in.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    It's not all about moderator logs anymore, yes it's noted in their reports but it's certainly not as much as a big thing as it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If it was a case of getting logs then I would hog every reported post that came in.
    My apologies, I didn't realize the moderation reports had changed - hence why my previous post was incorrect.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Think its a tad better now, but in the past year or so it has been all about the logs.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    Think its a tad better now, but in the past year or so it has been all about the logs.
    Logs? There isn't a set amount that we have to do per week so I don't think it is to do with this, nor do I actually see a real problem with the department. I do agree with the filter rule though I get confused sometimes.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast