HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I agree do this best night ever
    I'll host it

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

I think a lot of what's wrong with Habbox comes a lot from its own members too. The feedback threads are, on the whole, not always very productive and many members seem to pick holes in everything Habbox does or has. If you have younger members reading threads about this being bad, or that being bad, they're going to think the forum is rubbish and it lowers the mood in my opinion. Read some of the feedback threads, they're just pointless and bring up things that aren't well thought out or helpful in the slightest.

I think the site has issues with the fact that it DOESN'T play to its strengths. News has and always will fade into the background and isn't promoted as much anymore. Habbox used to be the go-to site for Rare Values, News, Articles and sadly that has been taken away because it isn't advertised enough. The departments don't integrate enough. I literally couldn't name anyone in Rare Values. We should do more things where departments get together. Habbox needs to think bigger. Do competitions based on News, News can post about major Rare Values updates, Events can do their events based on a news story (like if a footballer has been cheating, it can be called the ROONEY CHASE or something). The community aspect of the site has really gone and I think that's sad.

Just my thoughts.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Theres always room for improvement, but its not always easy I guess. First off, I know the coders are currently working on the new Habbox Site, but it needs to be released as soon as possible. That way we can see which strengths Habbox is focusing on and where they are planning on taking the site. There needs to be a much more heavy focus on the forum on the main site with banners, links, advertisements or whatever but it just needs to be much more prominent.

Then it comes to the forum itself which is, as a lot of people have mentioned, very tense and even sort of hostile at times. When I was GM I was a big champion on leaving rules as they were (and then at the very least only minor changes), which looking back was a mistake, but they've gotten a lot simpler as of late but more needs to be done. Obviously we can't have people skipping all over the forum pissing about and being complete ***** to each other as that would make the community even more segregated and exclusive. It needs to be much calmer, with a simplistic attitude to moderating. Nothing too scary or intimidating. Especially when we are trying to gain and keep new members. Again, all of this is easier said than done, and is obviously going to take a while. This isn't the sort of things that can happen overnight.

Having said all that too, we need to be advertising not only Habbox, but HabboxForum on Habbo. If we are needing new members (which is a must to keep discussion lively, interesting and fresh) they need an excuse to visit the forum and want to stay. We can't just hope they'll stumble upon the forum from habbox.com and want to stay, it needs to almost be a separate entity and have people focus solely on promoting the forum. In turn, the content of the site itself needs to always be top notch for visitors to be interested, so we get this never ending cycle of constant improvements.

I've got every faith in General Management to make some sort of effort and progress, but as I have said, its never going to happen without planning and preparation. It doesn't need to take ages or be excessive but something needs to happen to make sure improvements are made efficiently and effectively.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.McCall View Post
    I think a lot of what's wrong with Habbox comes a lot from its own members too. The feedback threads are, on the whole, not always very productive and many members seem to pick holes in everything Habbox does or has. If you have younger members reading threads about this being bad, or that being bad, they're going to think the forum is rubbish and it lowers the mood in my opinion. Read some of the feedback threads, they're just pointless and bring up things that aren't well thought out or helpful in the slightest.

I think the site has issues with the fact that it DOESN'T play to its strengths. News has and always will fade into the background and isn't promoted as much anymore. Habbox used to be the go-to site for Rare Values, News, Articles and sadly that has been taken away because it isn't advertised enough. The departments don't integrate enough. I literally couldn't name anyone in Rare Values. We should do more things where departments get together. Habbox needs to think bigger. Do competitions based on News, News can post about major Rare Values updates, Events can do their events based on a news story (like if a footballer has been cheating, it can be called the ROONEY CHASE or something). The community aspect of the site has really gone and I think that's sad.

Just my thoughts.
    As a part of integrating departments, I've been campaigning for 'departmental competitions' where at the end of every month, departments interact with the community with comps (and although its not my jurisdiction, events too). Graphics department now do a regular comp (woo go graphics!) and Im hoping they all get tired of me going on and on about it and they join in too! I think there's that danger of not wanting to cause more work for yourself or staff but it can easily be adapted to a) promote staff bonding and b) improves communication with the communnity. I currently have a few more dept. managers on board so if you're staff, bug your managers!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

Comps was just an example.

We used to have news@live which was difficult to do in the end but why not have a HxL DJ do it or even have adverts promoting the content on Habboxlive? There are so many different ways departments could integrate and it'd be great for Habbox because bigger comps/events would attract people on Habbo and advertising and in-forum stuff would keep them here.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234