Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Ban on playground contact games

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Headteacher Susan Tuck said pupils were copying computer games
    A Lincolnshire school has banned physical playground games because pupils were copying violent computer games, making playtime too rough.
    The ban has been introduced at St John's Primary at Bracebridge Heath near Lincoln.

The ban involves contact playground games like tag and kiss chase. Sports like football or cricket are not part of the ban.

The school said it had introduced non-physical games chosen by pupils.

'Having a laugh'

Headteacher Susan Tuck said: "The children are watching television, they're watching films and they're playing computer games, very often it's the violent element of that they are seeing and hearing.

"That's what they're going to come on to our playground to play, we want to change that picture."

Lincolnshire Education Authority said it was up to individual schools to decide what they allowed at playtime.

But Joe Foote, the play development officer at The Cheeky Monkey's after-school club in Bulwell, Nottinghamshire, said contact games should be encouraged.

"All children love to play games, lots of physical running around, having a laugh, falling over.

"Sometimes children do have accidents, that's part and parcel of growing up and achieving."
    Stupid huh?
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Very. I'm 14 and we are banned from playing Rugby at lunch because we might hurt ourselves. :rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They tried to do that in our primary school ages back. We could play 'Tag Bulldog' (v. popular game for Year 6s at that time ) we couldn't, we had to play stare bulldog instead. POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS TAKING OVER!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

this world is too politically correct and paranoid now.
    Next match: Ipswich (H) Sunday 4th November, 12.45pm.
    ta very much; esurient
    myspace

Tokens

Latest Awards:

my primary school banned bulldog.

but our secondary school lets us play :]
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

SOurce? pls (L) and amgs kiss chase, whats violent about that?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thats a skool near me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol@that
    so they ban tag, but they dont ban cricket? a swift boiwl/hit of the ball into the groin area of a male can do serious damage
    hmm, that school sucks

Tokens

Latest Awards:

imo its the stupidest thing to do. its good for younger children to go through some "damage" as they're growing up, cos it just makes them stronger. banning games which cause very little injuries like tag, is just idiotic. soon kids will only be allowed in the playground wearing helmets and pads, wrapped in bubble wrap in case they fall over "/.
    plus they haven't banned football, which imo is more of a contact sport than tag.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I wish teachers would get some common sense. It's a valuable lesson when you swing to fast on the swings and fall off, it teaches kids not to.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast