Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Time Travel Possible!!!!

THE SUN NEVER LIES WHOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Thesun.co.uk
    WE could soon be visited by TIME TRAVELLERS — thanks to a £2billion machine able to punch a HOLE in the universe.

The atom-smasher may open up a time tunnel for people from the future to travel back to now.

The particle accelerator, called the Large Hadron Collider, has been designed to explore the origins of the universe by investigating the tiniest components of atoms.

It is due to be switched on in May.

Big Bang boffin ... Dr Volovich

It will accelerate particles to the speed of light — then smash them together to recreate conditions from the first fraction of a second after the Big Bang, which created the universe.

But each particle — a trillionth the size of a mosquito — will create a shockwave distorting time and space around it.

And Russian mathematicians Igor Volovich and Irina Aref’eva say this may tear the fabric of the universe and result in a “wormhole” linking our time with the future.

Phantom
    The laws of physics suggest that no one from the future will be able to travel back any further than when the machine was switched on — with 2008 being Year Zero.

Dr Volovich, of the Steklov Mathematical Institute in Moscow, reckons future technology may be advanced enough to send someone back through the time tunnel.

He told the magazine New Scientist: “If a combination of fast-moving particles and phantom energy does create a wormhole, an advanced civilisation could find it in their history books, pinpoint the moment — and take advantage of their technology to pay us a visit.”

And some boffins think it may be possible for people of our time to travel years ahead — like TV Timelord Doctor Who.

The machine is based in a vast underground laboratory at the CERN particle physics centre in Geneva, Switzerland
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Time travel has been possible since like the 1920s when Einstein came up with the theory of relativity.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes theoreticly (sp?) but so far we haven't actually done it
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

the only problem is by literally ripping a whole in the universe, we could be doomeed lol

still, i dont hitnk it would be possible because by the time the technology is available, i think well all be dead. not to sound too much of a pessimist

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2nd View Post
    Yes theoreticly (sp?) but so far we haven't actually done it
    Well what the person in that article is saying is the theory, they haven't done it yet and have no idea of whether it will actually work.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's quite scary come to think of it because it could all go wrong...

However if it does work then it means we could all have like.. Xbox 9764's, PS8643 or a Nintendo WiiZiiBii... sweet.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
    It's quite scary come to think of it because it could all go wrong...

However if it does work then it means we could all have like.. Xbox 9764's, PS8643 or a Nintendo WiiZiiBii... sweet.
    or some evil alien could come back and enslave us all

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no because the evil alien would have already been here! so they know its going to ahppen.
    time travels confusing

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You would only be able to go forwards into the future and not return and you wouldnt be able to go into the past. Time travel is possible anyway, if design a rocket and fly at say... 1,000,000 mph for what seems like 1 year to you then return to earth something like 1000 years on earth will have passed as time slows down the faster you go
    Conductor of the Runaway Train of Militant Homosexuality

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJosh View Post
    no because the evil alien would have already been here! so they know its going to ahppen.
    time travels confusing
    not if it works like back to the future where when you change the past you change the future so the future you came from no longer exists urrg confusing

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast