HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Gordon Brown to stand down?

Over the past few weeks, mainly this last week, there has been speculation that Gordon Brown is either stepping down or people within the Labour party will fight to get his position.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8032125.stm

Labour deputy leader Harriet Harman has denied a report she would fight for the party leadership, as speculation grows over Gordon Brown's position.
    She insisted the story was "simply not true" and under "no circumstances" would she be a candidate.
    She told the BBC's Today programme: "I don't want to be prime minister and I don't want to be leader of the party."
    The Daily Telegraph said Ms Harman told friends she would stand if backbenchers tried to force the PM from office.
    Ms Harman said she intended to keep the promise she made to Labour members at the time of her election as deputy leader - that she would stand behind Mr Brown.
    She added: "My ambition is to remain his loyal and supportive deputy."
    After more speculation of the deputy leader taking up the mantle, and after she claimed she wouldn't even want to fight to take it up - we can expect maybe his position to stay. But then again, politicians lie about position fighting all the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8028367.stm
    A call for Prime Minister Gordon Brown to resign has become the best supported petition on the Downing Street website.
    The petition - started by Labour supporting academic Kalvis Jansons - has been backed by more than 38,000 people so far.
    Brown has always been unpopular. Even in the House of Commons or his own website. What with the recent terrible week for the Labour party and the upcoming local elections, it's safe to say that he might not be hanging on for as long as we think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8026296.stm

The government's Commons defeat over the Gurkhas shows Gordon Brown is "rapidly running out of political authority", David Cameron has said.
    It's always been a bit of banter between Cameron and Brown but it's starting to make sense. Again, Cameron's comments against Brown is what makes him popular.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8019745.stm

They have secured a debate on the issue in the House of Commons on Wednesday.
    Campaigners claim fewer than 100 of the Nepalese soldiers will benefit from the Home Office's offer of UK residency to Gurkhas who meet certain conditions.
    The government insisted that changes to residency rules would allow an extra 4,300 former Gurkhas to settle.
    Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg held talks with actress Joanna Lumley, who has spoken out on behalf of 36,000 Gurkhas denied residency because they served in the British Army before 1997.
    Ms Lumley, whose father served in a Gurkha regiment, will join other campaigners for a demonstration outside Parliament when the debate is held.
    'Not betrayed'
    Mr Clegg said the debate meant that a minister would have to "come and explain the government's insulting decision to turn their back on these brave soldiers".
    "This is our best chance to force Gordon Brown to back down, even at this late stage," he said.
    "People who are prepared to fight and die for this country should be entitled to live here.
    This is the Gurkhas issue. The government only wanted an extra 4,300 Gurkhas people to be allowed to immigrate to this country. But instead of a victory, Brown was defeated by his own party. 28 Labour MPs rebeled against the vote and challenged Brown's leadership. This just about finished off the terrible week for the Labour party.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...E&refer=europe

Brown's Labour Party has the support of 28 percent of Britons, compared with 44 percent for the opposition Conservatives.
    That was 3 weeks ago, and I can't seem to find the approval rating for the Labour party right now - but I'm betting it's even lower.

2 years ago Gordon Brown came into power. He wasn't voted in and the public didn't have a say. He had been in the Labour party for quite some time, and he guess he did need a little bit of a reward. But quite frankly, he has trashed the Labour party's image and the party itself. His face stamped on the front of the party is enough to put anyone off.

With his previous actions over the last 2 years, I honestly don't know how he's lasted this long. But now that the build-up to the terrible week and now it's finally happened, maybe Brown's position isn't safe? I personally think it's for the better as well. Brown hasn't exactly kept our British pride going, our faith in the government and our own democracy and he hasn't really changed much.

Tokens
    Habbo
    transcripts

Latest Awards:

Tony blair must be having a giggle.

Smile

I believe in everything the BBC says so i say he will stand down as Prime Minister.

Please say he is standing down i would like David Cameron to become the next Prime Minister i've heard reports that he is really really really good.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thing is, even if Labour win the next general election, do expect a new prime minister.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicTramp View Post
    I believe in everything the BBC says so i say he will stand down as Prime Minister.

Please say he is standing down i would like David Cameron to become the next Prime Minister i've heard reports that he is really really really good.
    If he stands down, Labour will still be in power.

I want Ed Balls to go for it, he's just a rather funny guy and is one of the few in Brown's cabinet to talk a bit of sense. I think Brown's future will be judged on the local elections and maybe European elections but I wouldn't be surprised if he just stuck at it anyway. He struggles to apologise and I can only recall him apologising once and then it was 'unreservedly' for someone else so the chances of him resigning are slim.
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-05-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If he stands down, Labour will still be in power.

I want Ed Balls to go for it, he's just a rather funny guy and is one of the few in Brown's cabinet to talk a bit of sense. I think Brown's future will be judged on the local elections and maybe European elections but I wouldn't be surprised if he just stuck at it anyway. He struggles to apologise and I can only recall him apologising once and then it was 'unreservedly' for someone else so the chances of him resigning are slim.
    I think having Ed as a Prime Minister would allow him to show off his balls a bit.

During political conferences, we would be represented by Balls.

When being asked if he puts words into people's mouths, his secretary will say "Balls' words do not go in anyone mouths."

Balls would be a good booster for the economy, he'd make it bounce up and down.

Okay I'll stop now :3

Tokens

Latest Awards:

are you having a laugh? david cameron couldn't control a class of school kids, let alone the british isles.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Please say he is standing downi would like David Cameron to become the next Prime Minister i've heard reports that he is really really really good.

LMAOOOO. GOOD ONE!

Serve the bulldog right! He pushed Tony Blair out of office, bullied him while at it, made up lies about him and made his cabinet turn against him!

Tony Blair must be laughing off his head at this minute, stepped down right before the recession. Well done Tony Blair!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Clowgon View Post
    LMAOOOO. GOOD ONE!

Serve the bulldog right! He pushed Tony Blair out of office, bullied him while at it, made up lies about him and made his cabinet turn against him!

Tony Blair must be laughing off his head at this minute, stepped down right before the recession. Well done Tony Blair!
    Blair is actually teaching political science at Yale, so I can guess he's too busy marking papers to laugh his head off. But I can imagine a conversation with one of his students.

"Sir, can I say something?"
    "Sure."
    "About you stepping down as Prime Minister?"
    "Yeah, go on."
    "Nice timing sir."
    "lol."

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Apeel View Post
    Blair is actually teaching political science at Yale, so I can guess he's too busy marking papers to laugh his head off. But I can imagine a conversation with one of his students.

"Sir, can I say something?"
    "Sure."
    "About you stepping down as Prime Minister?"
    "Yeah, go on."
    "Nice timing sir."
    "lol."
    Lol yeah, something down the line like that!

I would love to congratulate Tony in person.

Anyway, I'm sure he's a Peacemaker in the middle east? :S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast