HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default London MCM Expo - October 2009

Anyone going this year? I went last year in May, and also this year in May once again but I've never been in October before. I'm only going on saturday since my friends are so cheap and can't afford to stay another day. I'm not really going for anime this time though, just for the experience and Elijah Wood! I'm such a huge fan, I can't wait to meet him! I bet it'll be like when I met Craig Charles though... was so hyped and had a ton to ask him but when I got there my mind just went blank and I became the shyest person on the planet for a second. Speaking of which, he's going to be there again next month. I better start preparing myself for an encounter with two legends.

Tokens

I am going! At the moment I have kind of worked out were I am staying. But not 100% yet, so if I can’t find anywhere to stay it will be very unlikely if I will manage to get there I am going for the dealers and to meet up with a few people and just have a laugh

I was going to cosplay Simon from TTGL, but unfortunately due to no money, no time and me being crap at quick cosplays, I decided I would leave it for now and do it some other date If anyone reading this knows what I look like (from the picture thread) say hi to me if you are there
    Also known as !Jack123

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Every time I've been I stayed at Etap hotel. It only takes like 10 minutes to walk to the Excel Centre from there and it's proper cheap, like £45 per night and three people per room. Of course you only get a small room with the essentials, but it's great for a short stay.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

o rly? may be able to convince my friend then. dont wanna go on my own.. plus never been before so i dont know what to expect or anything all i knwo is theres some freebies, overpriced stuff, bootlegs, and 2 people from OP cast are gonna be there

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Bootlegs? Where did you hear that from? I've been twice and all the things I have bought and seen have been official products.

Also, don't depend on the freebies too much. First time I went there wasn't really anything good, but last time I went Beez gave away a DVD and MVM gave away The Slayers volume 1 in every bag. When I was given my bag while waiting in the line I just took out the DVDs, put them in my own bag and left the other bag behind. When I was inside the actual convention room I was then offered another bag because they saw I didn't have one, so I ended up with yet more free DVDs. I should have kept doing it lol. Would have gotten rich by selling them on ebay.

Another thing, a lot of stuff is overpriced but there are a good few bargins here and there. I'm not sure if ADV are going to be at any events anymore, but at the expo four months ago they were selling stuff at ridiculusly cheap prices. All six volumes of Utawarerumono (26 episodes) for just £25! I paid over £50 for mine when they came out! All their other DVDs were super cheap as well. Most of their 13 episode series were going for like £15. I wish I bought Magical Shopping Arcade! The only overpriced thing they had was the Evangelion Platinum tin set and what do ya know! It was the only thing I bought from them! :eusa_wall

One last thing... the Expo must have made loads of money last time or something because not only is Elijah Wood going to be there this time but so is the president of studio BONES... but wait! Theres more! If that isn't enough the bloody director of Sword of the Stranger is going to be there as well! ******* Masahiro Ando! He also did key animation in anime such as Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Planetes, Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop and a ton more. I don't know what is with this sudden lineup of ultimate guests but I'm over the moon so I won't question it. Geekout time. I want Masahiro Ando to sign my Sword of the Stranger DVD.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm going next year.

Click the image.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

nah ive just heard from people on other forums about US expos and bootleg models and crap.

and yea looks like i might have to give it a miss till next year.

Tokens

OMG!!! I live like 5 minutes away from Excel and near Etap Hotel. Wow!
    [COLOR=Red]~~~~~~~~~ Arsenal [B]~~~~~~~~~

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wow? It isn't unnatural for people to live there. You're lucky you'll be so close to the Olympics in 2012 though.

Tokens

Booked all my train and buss tickets for the long travel up to London I completely failed at cosplay ;[ I was going to whip up something fast like a mega awesome Maxwell from the DS game Scribblenauts, but I don’t have time to even do that.
    Also known as !Jack123

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast