HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default What does it mean...

At the beginning of a few recent songs, there appears to be what sounds like a record label jingle (kind of like Akon's Konvict one, the sound of a jail cell door closing appears in some songs) but with this one, it's a really deep voice going "J-J-J-J-JR".

As far as I'm concerned it's at the beginning of:
    Everybody in Love - JLS
    Whatcha Say - Jason DeRulo
    Replay - IYAZ

Upon further investigation, it doesn't appear to be a record label jingle as JLS and Jason DeRulo are on totally different labels.

Anyone (who knows what I'm on about of course) know what it means?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

probably something which the producer put on the song so people know they produced it?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's their way of tagging? But could also just be for sound/entertainment...
    Record labels do it (Konvict).
    Producers do it (e.g. RedOne) and they sometimes also let the artist shout their names in it, e.g. "Here we go again" from Pixie Lott, -> RedOne and Pixie can be heard in it.
    Just Dance -> RedOne, Konvict, Gaga.

Lady Gaga sometimes also sings Cherry Cherry Boom boom -> that's from a director of the Cherry Treehouse label.
    Need any help? PM me!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've noticed the RedOne one with Lady Gaga and the Sugababes, always sounds like 'red wine' (and Gaga's line after it is even 'I think I've had a little bit too much' or something lol ).

Edit: I've just searched the songs you mentioned on YouTube and I hear what you mean! It's really weird lol. It sounds like 'J J J JR' like you said and at the start of the second one on your list, there's text saying 'J.R Rotem presents' so maybe that's it?
    Last edited by Black_Apalachi; 19-01-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think JR is a producer I remember hearing it alot on Sean Kingstons tracks.
    :shifty:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    I've noticed the RedOne one with Lady Gaga and the Sugababes, always sounds like 'red wine' (and Gaga's line after it is even 'I think I've had a little bit too much' or something lol ).

Edit: I've just searched the songs you mentioned on YouTube and I hear what you mean! It's really weird lol. It sounds like 'J J J JR' like you said and at the start of the second one on your list, there's text saying 'J.R Rotem presents' so maybe that's it?
    did a search and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R...duced_by_Rotem

2009 includes all the songs you mentioned

Tokens
    Habbo
    BlackSpoons

Latest Awards:

JR Rotem followed Redone's trend and started doing it too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cosmic

Latest Awards:

The one I hear a lot lately is RedOne. I could swear that he works with 50% of the artists in the charts. I think the name for it is 'name dropping', but saying that I could well be wrong. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I assume that it's probably under one of the terms of having your song produced by him.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

youre not obliged to do it. some artists say they do it so they can sort of get people to recognise the producer and say thanks to them