HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Forum...

Hiya,

Noticed in the last two or so months that although HxF is still attracting the same amount of members and from what I can see guests as I'm used to yet from what I can see posting has declined. For example, some forums first page of threads goes back a week or longer (feedback is one).

I told this to a member of General Management and they agreed and told me it had discussed and asked me what I'd do. I don't think HxF is doing anything wrong, they have new comps, ok moderation, arcade etcetc. I fear if people don't get posting more it'll mean less members. I know a lot of members, especially older ones (from 2004-6) use other forums and other forums have now overtaken HxF in terms of activity.

I just think it needs to do something controversial because the only explanation is people are bored of Habbo. Campaigns to get people to sign up don't work because as FlyingJesus pointed out ages ago they don't stay for very long (the majority). So yeah, how would you improve it... what would you do if you were GM?

I think the fact it has a stable management team now will help because with all due respect to Sammeth. he was seen as a stop gap by many people and consciously or maybe even sub consciously this led to a lack of updates/ideas, when compared to other general managers.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the post rate is most definitely improving upon what it was in February, well I don't think I know, I can see the stats but obviously we can't get too complacent.

We are obviously doing things in an attempt to increase activity, last week we ran the Habbox Forum General Election which for the first part increased forum activity tremendously, although I'll be the first person to criticise the event for being too long, as I did when summarising the event with General Management.

The start of the United Kingdom summertime is always going to be quieter than normal as obviously people are going out in the nice weather as it hasn't been around for so long, however soon as exam season starts and then the summer holidays begin people will be indoors more therefore (hopefully) on the forum more and we as Habbox Management need to maximise the potential here.

We've already had lengthy discussions regarding the World Cup which is bound to generate a bit of activity around the forum as it's an international event most people pay attention to, we are certainly planning to play on this and attempt to increase activity through it.

We're also looking at bringing HxF to the current times, it's often said that Habbox Forum is more outdated than others, and where we do pride ourselves on where we are unique and differ to the other sites it does become apparent when we seem to be a few steps behind the others. This should be happening sooner rather than later.

As you have already mentioned we now have a stable management which is brilliant, all systems are working extremely well now and although I can't speak for other departments, the Forum have things ready to go which a month ago would still be waiting management approval so my thanks go to Matt and the others.

We're also still looking at freshening up the forum, recently when we held our Help Desk Takeover event we were told that the forum still looks dull, which is something I am looking to alter at the moment, earlier today I reduced the Feedback section to make it look a bit more tidy.

We also plan more posting-related competitions in specific sections, I think this summer could be very positive for Habbox, our stats show us to be improving on the very dry period we had over the winter.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

badges, new slimline clean looking skin, just some ideas

Also maybe you (not comps because they did it onces and they had to change the prize cause people didn't enter) could have posting competitions in spam or whatever........ and be like

500th post = 100rep
    499th post = loses 30rep

something that will get people talking lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

With the merge coming up, I'd try to capitalise on that as best as I could (if I were GM obv). I'm sure there are secret plans but tbh that's the point. They're secret. There isn't enough communication between the departments to really merge together as one and try to gain the best possible outcome. If departments stopped trying to compete with each other and started working together (and I don't mean every now and then, the forum goes into HxHD - that's not criticising the forum dept or hxhd, just an example, I mean constant communication), there would be a lot more done and more effectively too.

edit: people were entering ben, they were just complaining along the way.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    With the merge coming up, I'd try to capitalise on that as best as I could (if I were GM obv). I'm sure there are secret plans but tbh that's the point. They're secret. There isn't enough communication between the departments to really merge together as one and try to gain the best possible outcome. If departments stopped trying to compete with each other and started working together (and I don't mean every now and then, the forum goes into HxHD - that's not criticising the forum dept or hxhd, just an example, I mean constant communication), there would be a lot more done and more effectively too.

edit: people were entering ben, they were just complaining along the way.
    im not ben babes.

+ yeah i think comps and events should be merged
    they are basically the same thing disagree all you want

could have an events dept. with like 10 staff
    5 doing mainly forum events and 5 doing habbo events

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post

Also maybe you (not comps because they did it onces and they had to change the prize cause people didn't enter) could have posting competitions in spam or whatever........ and be like

500th post = 100rep
    499th post = loses 30rep

That'll get people talkin'

Tokens

Latest Awards:

oops yeah, your avatar's the same. my bad.

And of course I'm gonna disagree all I want, you're talking nonsense. It's not practical. Maybe if you actually did the job, you'd know.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

im not ben babes.

+ yeah i think comps and events should be merged
    they are basically the same thing disagree all you want

could have an events dept. with like 10 staff
    5 doing mainly forum events and 5 doing habbo events
    Then what's the point in the merge if that is the case? The reason for two departments, and I know that many have been over this many a time, is that it is not necessary. If a competitions staff wanted to do an event, they would apply for the events department. It's like saying that Habboxlive staff should be behind the HxHD bar. It isn't practical, it isn't sensible.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Because you are basically doing the same thing :S
    it works for every other forum thats habbo related so i dont see why it shouldnt work for habbox

and i see you still havent sorted those tacky images out

and it would could down on staff
    habbox is way over staffed
    jobs seem to be handed out willy-nilly

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    I think the post rate is most definitely improving upon what it was in February, well I don't think I know, I can see the stats but obviously we can't get too complacent.

We are obviously doing things in an attempt to increase activity, last week we ran the Habbox Forum General Election which for the first part increased forum activity tremendously, although I'll be the first person to criticise the event for being too long, as I did when summarising the event with General Management.

The start of the United Kingdom summertime is always going to be quieter than normal as obviously people are going out in the nice weather as it hasn't been around for so long, however soon as exam season starts and then the summer holidays begin people will be indoors more therefore (hopefully) on the forum more and we as Habbox Management need to maximise the potential here.

We've already had lengthy discussions regarding the World Cup which is bound to generate a bit of activity around the forum as it's an international event most people pay attention to, we are certainly planning to play on this and attempt to increase activity through it.

We're also looking at bringing HxF to the current times, it's often said that Habbox Forum is more outdated than others, and where we do pride ourselves on where we are unique and differ to the other sites it does become apparent when we seem to be a few steps behind the others. This should be happening sooner rather than later.

As you have already mentioned we now have a stable management which is brilliant, all systems are working extremely well now and although I can't speak for other departments, the Forum have things ready to go which a month ago would still be waiting management approval so my thanks go to Matt and the others.

We're also still looking at freshening up the forum, recently when we held our Help Desk Takeover event we were told that the forum still looks dull, which is something I am looking to alter at the moment, earlier today I reduced the Feedback section to make it look a bit more tidy.

We also plan more posting-related competitions in specific sections, I think this summer could be very positive for Habbox, our stats show us to be improving on the very dry period we had over the winter.
    I've visited regularly since winter and my ban in the second week in February and I'd say as would the management I've spoken to that it's got really bad. I don't see why you're trying to hide from this, or maybe it's just it looks less active but it's fine really and it's my mind playing tricks

Habboxforum is very out of date, as is Habbox itself. However, this has always been the case it has never been as appealing on the eye as other fansites. Yet this has never dragged it down in the past. The skins are an eye sore, they always have been when you compare them to the sleek look of ClubHabbo where a lot of the users have migrated too. There is no reason why it should be any more of a problem than it has before. I think there are other underlying issues which aren't being acted upon. Whatever these are I'm not so sure as for numerous reasons I'm not as active as I once was.

It always goes through a transitional period with one group replacing another. This time though there aren't enough active people replacing the flocks of people that have left. Think of all the active users that have quit in the last 6 months and not being replaced by people who are posting as much. Mentor, amy, leah to name three off the top of my head. These people are still about on the 'online world' just not here any longer.

I think that's because there is no option here. If you fall out with management like mentor did for example you won't get change because management won't speak out against one another and appear almost too timid to makes changes without consultation processes that take far too long. This is just one case such as mentor but it's true for other users. My mate taylooor for example, banned for account sharing and his ban rejected. I know another user who was banned for giving his account to someone IP banned (account sharing) and has been unbanned. It's one rule for one, one rule for another.

This isn't a dig at you, just scraping my brain as to what can be improved. I think you'll actually be a good Forum Manager although again you won't do anything controversial and will discuss things with General Management too long which is unfortunate for Habbox. However, I know that's out of your hands and you have to do what you have to do.

500th post = 100rep
    499th post = loses 30rep

It needs something to get people talking, get them on but when they are on it needs to continue talking. Things just seem regressive around here, like the refilter of the lmao with an f as an example. One step forward, two steps back.

I think Matt is the first GM that hasn't come straight in and made a decent strong change to determine his character for the rest of his 'reign'. Even Sam, made the reputation changes quick enough.
    Last edited by immense; 12-05-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast