HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Habbo is slowly beginning to die out ~ Discuss

I think it's pretty safe to say that Habbo's peak was a good few years ago when Habbo UK and USA were both thriving and extremely busy - you could see this in the way they went about their business, competition prizes were better, there were double credits offers nearly every other weekend and they could employ user friendly staff who would liaise well with Habbos.

Now, you've got credit prices going up (yes I know they lowered them for the homephone but most users will buy via text, which is 25 for £3), the exchange rate for the Habbo Exchange is pretty ridiculous although in my opinion the Habbo Exchange was very bad for their business and they should have predicted it in the first place. You've got prices of things slowly increasing in the catalogue, competition prizes often decreasing to be just a mere badge and generally a lack of competitions. What's more the prices on the market place are quite unnecessary too.

The merge was obviously also a sign of financial weakness, merging five hotels together, very drastic in my opinion and it's caused an awful lot of trouble.

What do you think? Is Habbo slowly dying out?
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nice to see a non-political debate! I'm still quite sure -:undertaker:- will be along shortly

I do agree that Habbo is beginning to die out. The merge was the biggest sign of that - it meant they could simply lay off loads of staff members and get the job done just as effectively. They tried to cover it up by saying we can "meet lots of new people", but I daresay the majority of people understood the real reason why. Habbo have simply given people false hopes lately and the standard they once had simply isn't there anymore.

Many of the older players from 2005 onwards when Habbo was arguably the busiest have now moved on and a new generation of people is slowly moving in - sadly, with a different set of opinions on things.

I wonder where Habbo will be in a couple of years time. Looking forward to their end-of-year profit report.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They were idiotic to change Habbo's design. It was nice and simple and they went OTT and make it complicated. It was a nice and simple layout before hand. Secondly, they are complete morons for creating battleball and snowstorm which was extremely popular and meant those who didn't play habbo (as in left) came on to play bb and ss, however they failed to bring it back after BETA. Very stupid decision.

Tokens

Although, Habbo.es seems like it is thriving. There is often 25k people online. Lowest i i have seen for that hotel is probably 9000. They also have a lot more advert furni such as the cheetos machine.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i'd say it is

1) they arn't considering other peoples views, they just go along with it anyway - updates etc
    2) they arn't loyal to their older member (2001-2004)
    3) the security is shocking making people leave when they get hacked etc (i know half of the time it isn't habbo - phishers etc - but sometimes it is; for example getting a reset password via the help tool - like my case - where users can give infomation on the user - sometimes fake info - & get their password that way

aswell as this, credits seem to be costing more & more which will have an impact - people buy less credits which in turn makes them poorer/bored which eventually leads to their departure of the game

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    They were idiotic to change Habbo's design. It was nice and simple and they went OTT and make it complicated. It was a nice and simple layout before hand. Secondly, they are complete morons for creating battleball and snowstorm which was extremely popular and meant those who didn't play habbo (as in left) came on to play bb and ss, however they failed to bring it back after BETA. Very stupid decision.
    You think Habbo started failing when the "BETA" came around then? I probably somewhat agree with you. Habbo was so much nicer back in the old days (before the times of the IM system, events, etc). Now they are simply trying to accomodate too many people and some features end up being forgotten about :rolleyes:

I do think if Battleball came back, it would attract some people - I know I'd spend more time playing that game and I'm pretty sure many people here would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Special View Post
    3) the security is shocking making people leave when they get hacked etc (i know half of the time it isn't habbo - phishers etc - but sometimes it is; for example getting a reset password via the help tool - like my case - where users can give infomation on the user - sometimes fake info - & get their password that way
    Would be interesting to know how quick the help tool is these days. I felt back when Ludus was on the help tool, a lot of the responses were very personal, quick and got the job done (sometimes!). Now, I think it's going back to the dead end tool.

While Ludus made loads of mistakes, he was actually a very good hotel manager in my eyes. He did lots of competitions and released lots of furniture, all of which people like. Yeah, he was pretty unprofessional about it (those pathetic hotel alerts) but his job was to get people to spend credits - and that's exactly what people did. I think Ludus is going to be another Callie. Everyone hated her when she was HM, but 5 years on, everyone seems to love her.. :rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No it's not dying out, you're just getting older and looking back on the "good ol' days". Discuss. (33 marks).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

It's all these CRAP prizes they keep giving out.

It was much better when they used to give decent rares and supers out as prizes (Funky Friday ftw!).

Now you just get crappy norms - not even worth creating a room.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

To be fair I think from a financial perspective Habbo (Sulake) are performing very well. I remember reading a recent article that suggested Habbo had gained Sulake massive profits as a whole in the first quarter of this year and the merge was a move to increase profit and financial gain. Don't get me wrong the older generation think Habbo has lowered it's quality but,
    a) We still use it!
    b) We've grown up and are "stuck in our ways" so we disapprove of these changes.

Whereas the newer generation love Habbo in the same way we did when we were all noobs.

I don't think the merge marks the beginning of the end in the slightest, rather it is the beginning of a new era for Habbo and Sulake that will see them progress financially even more than they have already.
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

I agree with Garion a lot. Just because we're getting older we don't applaud the changes which happen to Habbo, because it's target audience is at the young teens rather than the older ones. Just like Garion said, we still use it and so do many other people who have used it for years and people leave and come all the time, it's natural, if everyone stayed then that would just be pretty darn amazing. OK, so there are less people online than there used to be but tbh it doesn't matter as there is still a lot of people on, Just like Runescape lost a lot of members online at once in a year. The merge is a time for Habbo to change and for different things to happen, but I think the competitions aren't exactly 'exceptional'.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast